It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD COMMUNITY GRID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just emailed the higher-ups on ATS asking them to create an ATS team for the Human Proteome Folding Project on the recently established World Community Grid. The World Community Grid is based on SETI@Home only it's projects deal with hugely important research where we can actually make a big difference and will see the results. The current project is difficult to explain but you can find info on the official site:

www.worldcommunitygrid.org...

Or check out a recently posted ATSNN article about the World Community Grid:

www.atsnn.com...

Both the World Community Grid and Grid.org are working together on the Human Proteome Folding Project (though differ slightly), however Grid.org has been around for 3 years and have 3 million CPU's already at their disposal, it's the recently constructed World Community Grid that needs our support.

I would say this is more important then SETI@Home. If ATS was to create a team how many would be interested in switching from SETI?

-raven

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven2012
I just emailed the higher-ups on ATS asking them to create an ATS team for the Human Proteome Folding Project on the recently established World Community Grid.

Great work Raven -

Thanks. For paying attention. For knowing what to do with the information. For doing it. Wadda concept.

new topics

join