It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Store Surveillance Footage shows Ghostly Activity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

SaturnFX

PhoenixOD
reply to post by SaturnFX

1) I dont but it seems that it is what other people are assuming.

Well, a ghost is more of an abbreviated explanation to suggest some unknown force.

No a ghost is supposed to be the spirit of a dead person.

ghost definition

Im not even sure its real security footage as there is no time stamp and date on it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I posted this thinking someone might live nearby and give the store a visit. And notice...the icey-chill of the dead...or that the owners did it for the markeing...or offer to set up their own camera....Let's go New Hampshire ATSers...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

SaturnFX

Well, a ghost is more of an abbreviated explanation to suggest some unknown force.

That's a decent definition (no offense Phoenix OD). "Ghost" is our label/interpretation. It may or may not be spirits of the dead...but it could also simply be something else not yet understood.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Skyfloating

SaturnFX

That's a decent definition (no offense Phoenix OD). "Ghost" is our label/interpretation. It may or may not be spirits of the dead...but it could also simply be something else not yet understood.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Well we will have to agree to disagree, i cant find any definition of the word ghost that says its just an unknown force. they all say its the spirit of a dead person. To claim ghost is just an unknown force is misleading and thus very BAD definition. If its an unknown force then just call it that and dont muddy the waters.

Almost as bad as when people say UFO means visiting aliens.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

Well we will have to agree to disagree, i cant find any definition of the word ghost that says its just an unknown force. they all say its the spirit of a dead person. To claim ghost is just an unknown force is misleading and thus very BAD definition. If its an unknown force then just call it that and dont muddy the waters.

Almost as bad as when people say UFO means visiting aliens.

We don't disagree. Its just that I`d first call it "unknown force" and then, when more is known, I might call it "Ghost".

Its a problem to label everything mysterious as "Ghost" or "Alien" because it rules out other possibilities and kind of closes the mind.

But no, disagree we do not.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That fair

Im still wondering why there is no time and date stamp on the security footage. It makes anything recorded on it a lot less believable.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

Im still wondering why there is no time and date stamp on the security footage. It makes anything recorded on it a lot less believable.

Yeah...you brought that up and it made me think twice. Surveillance Cameras usually have time stamps, simply for security reasons, so that police can later verify stuff.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

As far as i know its not admissible in court without time and date stamps. But i could be wrong im not fully up on the laws in the US.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Why did she walk in the opposite direction and not investigate where the sound came from. Or is that a trick of the camera or mirrors?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Dianec
Why did she walk in the opposite direction and not investigate where the sound came from. Or is that a trick of the camera or mirrors?

Maybe she misplaced the source. But I would have loved to see her reaction to the broken glass because from that you might be able to tell whether she is acting or truly surprised.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

SaturnFX

PhoenixOD
reply to post by SaturnFX

1) I dont but it seems that it is what other people are assuming.

No a ghost is supposed to be the spirit of a dead person.

ghost definition

Im not even sure its real security footage as there is no time stamp and date on it.

Right, well, I admit I use the term incorrectly. to me, a ghost type experience is just trying to portray a unknown supernatural element to an experience verses explain a specific entity in any absolute. If I knew full well it was the spirit of a person whom once lived, etc...I would call it a spirit. Ghost seems more like just some sort of ethereal entity in my mind, but I recognize I am not adhering to the understood definition.
I don't understand why we have more than one word for the same thing though. ghost, spirit, spectre, spook. Just a natural desire to try and separate things into different uses.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Dianec

Maybe she misplaced the source. But I would have loved to see her reaction to the broken glass because from that you might be able to tell whether she is acting or truly surprised.

Why would she be surprised at broken glass? maybe a slight annoyance that she will have to clean it up of course.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

SaturnFX

Why would she be surprised at broken glass? maybe a slight annoyance that she will have to clean it up of course.

What I`m saying is I`d need to see her reaction then maybe it would be seen whether she is faking or not. Its odd that the recording just cuts off.

In fact, the more I am reading the posts around here, the more my interest in it is waning. If they meant to prove poltergeist phenomena, a little more footage and information would have been helpful.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Anybody else pay attention to the rest of the scene? Right at the point where the bowl begins to move the light (top left by what I assume is a soda cooler type thing) begins to flicker. To me that suggests two possible things: a) Artifacts caused by manipulation of the video or b) A sudden energy spike in the area. I gave it a few watches and the light seems to remain constant for the whole of the video apart from the point of the alleged activity.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join