It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine to hike gas prices by 50 percent to meet IMF demands.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ukraine to hike domestic gas prices by 50 percent to meet IMF demands.

(Reuters) - Ukraine is raising the price of gas for domestic consumers by more than 50 per cent from May 1 and will implement further rises under a fixed timetable until 2018, an official of state energy company Naftogaz said on Wednesday.

The step, which will be widely unpopular with ordinary Ukrainians who have grown used to subsidized gas prices from the Soviet era, were taken in response to demands by the International Monetary Fund.

Why would doubling your energy bills be unpopular? Its fun to get screwed!

They didnt waste a second did they?

Its too bad that the world has been taken in by the central bankster, ponzi scheme.

Like the country formerly known as Libya, your government simply needs to create a publicly owned central bank as opposed to the intentionally deceptive Federal Reserve, ECB, Bank of England etc. And then you can "borrow" as much money as you like, from yourself!

But then you run the risk of being bombed by the US, UK and NATO for challenging the Rothschild debt based monetary system.

Libya all about oil, or central banking?

Several writers have noted the odd fact that the Libyan rebels took time out from their rebellion in March to create their own central bank - this before they even had a government...

One seldom mentioned fact by western politicians and media pundits: the Central Bank of Libya [under Kadafi] [was] 100% State Owned... The Libyan government [created] its own money, the Libyan Dinar, through the facilities of its own central bank.

edit on 27-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

They didnt waste a second did they?
reply to post by gladtobehere

I didn't expect they would. It was always going to turn out this way.

Let the rape of a nation begin IMF style!!

In the coming years....I'm going to bet the Ukranians will wish they had followed Crimea.

S&F

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Don't forget the pensions and benefits halved.

And no longer supplying crimea, more money lost.

I laugh when I hear Obama say there will be costs, it is the only truth out of his mouth, except he didn't state WHO it was costing, it is costing EVERYBODY but Ukraine and Russia.

10 Million Euro for Obama's visit (one of many) that is just EU side, same amount in US Dollars for his trip from the US side.

Then there is all the other funding of Svoboda et al. Not to mention bailouts to Ukraine.

Yup, first truth out of his big gob, it did and WILL Cost more for everybody.

So far Svoboda and oligarchs in Ukraine are getting very rich indeed, bank robberies, currency down grading most likely, gold disappearing, weapons stolen, argicultural machinery stolen.

I wonder if Russia will leave the IMF at some point.

edit on 27-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Exactly, the winnowing of the population from their money begins in earnest. I remember when Iraq was being attacked by the U.S. and Colin Powell was on tv saying, an almost exact quote if not exact "They're charging their people 5 cents for a gallon of gas. We cannot allow this to stand."

edit on 27-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No doubt Ukraine is about to be Libya'd.

When are these countries going to realize that when the US, Canada and Britain say they want to help "liberate" you they really mean they want to rape your country for all it's worth then walk away like you meant nothing.

The only country that is worse than the 3 i memtioned above is Israel. They will wipe your nation RIGHT OFF the map.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

but, but... the cost of joining the EU is free.... isn't it?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh, money. Sorry, its Vevo:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No wonder they want their guns LOL. I say keep 'em, they are going to need them.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle

No wonder they want their guns LOL. I say keep 'em, they are going to need them.

Cheers - Dave

And that is exactly what Svoboda et al. will do. Remmber the last guy that proclaimed he would never give them up and they can take them from his cold dead hands, they did exactly that.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This only bolsters what I have been saying all along. That the entire uprising was designed to bring those with financial interests in the big oil companies into power in the Ukraine. What a freaking scam. The Coup against Yanukovych was an illegal act and now that the the Ukrainians have been "freed" from the evil of him they will get to enjoy a brand new evil.....

Soon the Ukrainians will all be screaming for Putin to annex them. Under Yanukovych they had no jobs and cheap power. Soon they will have neither.

It is, has and will always be about the rich getting richer and the rest of us paying the price for it. Someday it's all gonna come down and when it does? Well, we will all feel the pain.....

Welcome to the world people, ain't it great?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I thought the increased cost was due to Russia dropping the discounts it once gave to Ukraine??

I need to look a little further into this!

ETA: www.nytimes.com...
edit on 27-3-2014 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Not so fast with all the IMF plundering perhaps.

** UKRAINE PARLIAMENT FAILS TO SUPPORT FIRST BID TO PASS ANTI-CRISIS LAW REQUIRED FOR IMF DEAL

Lawmakers will continue to work on the bill as it seems they approve the top-line budget but not the taxes required to get there... beggars can be choosers again maybe? Link

Maybe next week or playing hard to get.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Bassago
Not so fast with all the IMF plundering perhaps.

** UKRAINE PARLIAMENT FAILS TO SUPPORT FIRST BID TO PASS ANTI-CRISIS LAW REQUIRED FOR IMF DEAL

Lawmakers will continue to work on the bill as it seems they approve the top-line budget but not the taxes required to get there... beggars can be choosers again maybe? Link

Maybe next week or playing hard to get.

I think they realise what mess they are in and how fcuked they are. Congrats Ukraine. You get what you deserve.

You either take it up the bum, or fight not only RUssia but the West also.

Either way, you're fecuked.

The choices are 1) Lube, 2) Water, 3) None of the above.

edit on 27-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

kathat

bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

And that is exactly what Svoboda et al. will do. Remmber the last guy that proclaimed he would never give them up and they can take them from his cold dead hands, they did exactly that.

It only works if everyone is together and on the same page. Remember, divide and conquer. The governments use single incidents to invoke fear. If someone comes to get your guns and all your neighbors come out in the street with their guns, it may be an acceleration, it may not, but it could certainly send a bloodless message if everyone agrees to agree.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

kathat
I think they realise what mess they are in and how fcuked they are. Congrats Ukraine. You get what you deserve.

You either take it up the bum, or fight not only RUssia but the West also.

Either way, you're fecuked.
1) Lube, 2) Water, 3) None of the above.

Yeah, it worth repeating, you get what you want Ukraine.
Not what you need.

new topics

top topics

join