It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Can a new president undo all of Obama's presidential edicts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have been wondering to what extent can a new President undo the unconstitutional edicts of Obama?

or for that matter

All of his Czar appointments and all of his edicts?

Can a new President write a sweeping edict that undoes all the previous President's edicts since congress did not vote on them which makes them "real" and "binding" law?

I could be wrong, but aren't all Presidential edicts not true law because congress did not vote on them, but only law as long as the current President leaves them in place?

I will sit back and await the wisdom of the ATS community for awhile before commenting myself because I really want to hear from people who really know and don't want to get sidetracked with off topic banter.
edit on 27-3-2014 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Yes, every executive order can be summarily dismissed as can every 'Tzar' but, the damage sustained to our economy and society will linger well into this century.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The answer is yes and no.
No president is going to give up a power coming from a previous president.
And that's assuming that the president is actually the person making the decisions.
Which I do not think he is completely.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a better question would be "would they"

BO took all the bad publicity for a lot of things both parties have wanted.

Republicans get what they want without all the bad press..

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes, but they wouldnt unless that President was Ron Paul or possibly Rand Paul as the trojan horse that many of us think he is.

America, you done effed up. Lets get it right this time.

edit on 27-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I had a similar thought, is there a way that if we find a constitutional lawyer that is better than obama is and challenge the executive orders that are not really legal?
Would that be possible?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Moment of sadness...bring back Ron Paul!

I propose the president put into effect a presidential order that repeals one law for every new law that is passed - including presidential orders.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This is a very good question for a thread.

I believe that even if a President could undo all the "edicts", repair all the damage done, what is really achieved when the next pendulum swing back results in the same process all over again?

The only possible solution to this by a new President-I mean "solve" not just a temporary reversal- is to refuse any Presidential pardons, prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone and everyone involved in the previous administration even remotely connected with those that are illegal/unconstitutional.

Next, wipe out the "vehicles" of those edicts, IE those gov't agencies whose very existence is in violation of the tenth amendment.

In other words, sow the "Fear of God" right through to their socks! Make them break out in cold sweats at the mere thought of diddling with the Constitution or running an agenda beneath the radar that there was no mandate for.

Then, and only maybe then, is there a chance to "fix" it rather than a short term reversal!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

JHumm
I had a similar thought, is there a way that if we find a constitutional lawyer that is better than obama is and challenge the executive orders that are not really legal?
Would that be possible?

Possible, but the person would have the background and family background of a saint. With the power of the NSA at his beck and call and Obama's known propensity to not be shy about using it - we most likely can't find someone clean enough and if we can could we find someone strong enough to withstand what the IRS will do to them - and have enough personal security to avoid unfortunate accidents or illness that the President can easily arrange.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If you live in America long enough. You will see that no matter what party is in power. Be it Democrats or Republicans. Major policy never changes...ever. Did Obama revoke any of the Patriot Act? No. Will the new Potus do away with Obama care? No. Major policy never changes.

The real power of the POTUS is Supreme Court Appointments..those are lasting till the judge dies or retires.....no matter how many Presidents they live thru. The POTUS my tweak a few laws and create a few laws..but major policy of one POTUS normally is continued under the next POTUS. Remember they ALL work for the same people.......and it sure as hell aint the American people.

Ask yourself how much Bush changed anything Clinton did in 8 years.Then just do the same with Clinton and the first Bush. No major changes at all. Tweaks not change.

new topics

top topics

join