It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ratzilla' terrifies Stockholm family ...and their Cat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ratzilla took up residence in the Stockholm families kitchen and it seems not even the family cat wanted to take him on , Ratzilla weighted in at nearly 16in long including tail and had the run of the kitchen until fearless pest controllers were called in to reclaim the area from the giant rodent by using an oversized rat trap.

Even the family cat had refused to enter the kitchen while the giant rat was in residence, father Erik Korsas told BBC News.
It appears that it entered the kitchen via a ventilation pipe, having gnawed its way through cement and wood.
After devouring food leftovers under the sink, the creature feasted on a "Swedish smorgasbord" of waste in the bin, according to Mr Korsas.

Despite regular media speculation, there appears to be little evidence of rats getting bigger in developed countries.
However, scientists do believe they could eventually grow into the size of sheep, Dr Jan Zalasiewicz, of the University of Leicester in the UK, recently told the BBC.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Rats the size of Sheep !!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Splinter! NOOOOOOO!!!

On a serious note - that's a huge rat....

The thing chewed through cement.... cement. If I was that cat I wouldn't try to kill it either.
edit on 27-3-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just have a big vindaloo or curry then flush. That should choke it to death.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good lord, that thing is bigger than my cat!!!!

Although, if it took up residence in my home, I would shoot it. Rather patch a hole if necessary, than try to sleep with that thing in my house.

***Shudders***

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That rat is the size of our possums. I wonder if they get that big under big cities? I would probably shoot a rat that size. Forget the trap. This is a job for Catzilla(it's the size of a big dog)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

MentorsRiddle
Splinter! NOOOOOOO!!!

On a serious note - that's a huge rat....

The thing chewed through cement.... cement. If I was that cat I wouldn't try to kill it either.
edit on 27-3-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

Hahahahaha! Me either!! He was probably the same size as the cat. That thing surely has a family or friends hanging around. I'd call an exterminator or animal control or something.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
meh

Not such a big deal

I see Rats this size all the time on C span

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That's a pretty big rat but it's not the biggest I've seen and the one I saw that was larger was with my own eyes (before mobile phones had cameras). I was walking across the Westport in Dundee, Scotland when I sawed what I had to assume was a sewer rat, this thing was about the size of a Yorkshire Terrier!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Years ago my wife told me we have a "rat" in the house. When asked how big he was, she held out her hands about the size of this monster. I got the biggest traps they had at the hardware store. For three days, the peanut butter was gone, but not sprung the trap. I decided to get regular mouse traps and set one the next night. I heard the snap about 2 in the morning. I asked my wife to follow me to the kitchen. There it was. About a 2 inch mouse. I asked my wife if that was the offending animal, she said "Yes, that's him!".

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gee, why be afraid of that rat. I am a mouse and have a 357 Desert eagle, patching the floor would be the only drawback.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Gee, why be afraid of that rat. I am a mouse and have a 357 Desert eagle, patching the floor would be the only drawback. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Depending on where you live explaining the reason you were shooting something that big at a rat to the police may be a bigger drawback.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As soon as I saw this photo I thought of the accounts on the corpse rats of WWI.

I would hate to see one of these in my home let alone seeing them on the front lines of the first world war eating the remains of comrades and dirtying up the place, as well as putting up with the shelling, the sniping and going over the top.

Here is an account from a solider:

Stuart Dolden, 1920

The outstanding feature of the trenches was the extraordinary number of rats. The area was infested with them. It was impossible to keep them out of the dugouts. They grew fat on the food that they pilfered from us, and anything they could pick up in or around the trenches; they were bloated and loathsome to look at. Some were nearly as big as cats. We were filled with an instinctive hatred of them, because however one tried to put the thought of one's mind, one could not help feeling that they fed on the dead.

I still can't imagine how people survived in those conditions, I doubt that I'd last very long at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

That's what I thought , it ate its was into the house ! , that is one determined monster Rattus

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ROUS! ROUS! That is one of those pictures where I think to myself, "once seen, one can never unsee". Fully expecting nightmares of ROUS this evening as no doubt this image is going to be lingering in the back of my mind.

On the serious side, I think Brooklyn is also having problems with ROUS. Seem to recall an article where someone had killed a similarly sized rat there. So glad that I don't live in a large city. No wonder the poor kitty refused to go into the kitchen. That thing would've made a meal out of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You need Cathra to battle Ratzilla.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
this reminds me of an old "James Herbert" story...titled "the rats" the story went something along the lines of rats that were living on an island that had had radioactive tests done and grew massive then somehow were bred with the common brown rat and u ended up with rats the size of small dogs running amok the cities in england and devouring anyone or thing in their path....ugh rats yuk

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by criticalhit

They do look like rats, don't they!! lol

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have a snake that could probably take that down, but I'd worry about the rat eating his way out. LOL

I used to have pet fancy, which this one looks just like, and the problem with them is that they breed uncontrollably. What was to be a cheap source of food for the snake turned into kind of a nightmare for a couple months when a few escaped. When I finally got all of them, it was around 40. I used oven mitts and the shop vac. They will chew anything and are particularly fond of the refrigerator and the stove as their hideouts.

This couple should thank their lucky stars that they got rid of that sucker before he grew a family. Maybe that thing has some hyped up dna.

new topics

top topics

join