It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Christie and Aides Cleared in Internal Bridge-Gate Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Oh brother. This guy will fit in perfectly in DC in 2016. Gov Christie hired his own 'independent' legal team to investigate himself about any wrongdoing in 'bridge-gate'. The legal team - hired by Christie (paid by Christie??) - cleared Christie and his aides of any wrong doing.

Gee. I guess he's in the clear for his 2016 POTUS run. (*insert eyeroll here)

Christie and Aides Cleared In Internal Bridge-Gate Investigation

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is expected to be cleared today by his own investigators of any wrongdoing in the bridge-gate scandal, paving the way for a possible White House run in 2016.

Christie had hired a legal team to conduct an independent internal investigation into the George Washington Bridge closures that had hurt his chances of becoming the next Republican presidential nominee.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the inquiry has absolved the governor and his staffers – apart from those who have already been named -- from involvement in the five-day traffic nightmare last September or any ensuing cover-up.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Honest to Pete.

He is looking/behaving/acting more and more like a Democrat.

Which party is he plan on running for ?

We have our own problems in PA. 5 Democratic politicians got caught on tape taking bribes in a lengthy sting operation).

The Democrat Attorney General-since elected after the sting began... a total novice in Legal aspects... close the investigation.

Just shut it down and decided not enough evidence etc.

She will pay for that. As I hope Christy does for his actions

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Actually, I heard that the lawyers he hired to clear himself of all wrongdoing were paid with taxpayer dollars and NOT by Christie personally.

The guy is not only the epitome of government corruption, IMO he's a prime example of what voters can expect from our modern day GOP. If you don't believe me, just ask the voters of North Carolina who are currently combating the corrupt policies of Gov. McCrory and Duke Energy.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, he showed how he can be autonomous... Proof he won't be a puppet? lol

Politicians these days, regardless of the country, all seem to act on the stupid level in unison...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Flatfish
Actually, I heard that the lawyers he hired to clear himself of all wrongdoing were paid with taxpayer dollars and NOT by Christie personally.

That's even worse than him paying for it himself.
The outcome was fixed. And the New Jersey taxpayer paid for this?
Back in 2007/2008 I wondered if this guy would be different.
I had hoped he'd be okay. Man ... what a disappointment.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thank goddess he was telling the truth the whole time. He knew nothing, nothing. Word of honor. Cross his heart. Oh, about those bribing the New Jersey Mayors with pieces of 911 steel, he knew nothing, nothing.

He's dogpaddling without a dog and without a paddle. Not only won't he be measuring the drapes in the oval office, but he won't be measuring the White House cookie jars either.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It really makes we wonder about the process different law firms had to endure before Christie decided who to hire.

Do you like Republicans?

Do you like doughnuts?

Republican or Democrat, they're all stinky power-hungry jerks.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Unbelievable as it seems it looks like the republican party has spawned an even more corrupt politician than Obama. I'm truly astounded and if truth be told terrified that Christie might have some chance of winning in 2016.

Politicians like these are so evil they transcend party politics.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You mean somebody thought that him and his ilk would get in trouble?? haha Puhlease! We know how it works. He so ignorant, sheepish and behind the times, he called Marijuana "the gateway drug". What a fool. If people don't impeach him, or if they re-elect him, they deserve him! Republican, democrat, liberal....they're all the same. Don't be fooled by the title put in place to fool the sheep.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

He is looking/behaving/acting more and more like a Democrat. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
reply to post by anon72

I don't think democrats have a monopoly on corruption when it comes to politics. To ignore the fact this guy is a republican involved in possible corruption doesn't give weight to your accusations about democrats. Both parties have been caught in scandals throughout history! People need to start looking at both parties through clear lenses.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
According to the lawyers and investigators I hired and pay (with your money). , they said I am free and clear of wrongdoing...
Which is why I continue to pay them (with your money). heh

New Jersey...Love you guys.
edit on 27-3-2014 by SaturnFX because: (with your money).

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Christie had hired a legal team to conduct an independent internal investigation into the George Washington Bridge closures that had hurt his chances of becoming the next Republican presidential nominee.

Well.. At least he will get the vote of anyone dull-witted enough not to answer the question...What is wrong with this sentence!!

Unfortunately...that might constitute a large number in the USA.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

WeRpeons

He is looking/behaving/acting more and more like a Democrat. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
reply to post by anon72

I don't think democrats have a monopoly on corruption when it comes to politics. To ignore the fact this guy is a republican involved in possible corruption doesn't give weight to your accusations about democrats. Both parties have been caught in scandals throughout history! People need to start looking at both parties through clear lenses.

Wherever there is power, there will be corruption.
No different if it was libertarians verses greens or any other party, brand, individual, movement, etc.

new topics

top topics

join