It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarm on Hill over Russian troop buildup, as NATO general briefs lawmakers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
do not mistake Russian army did not kill any citizen of Ukraine, unlike the revolutionaries terrorists killed over a hundred people with the support of the West . it pro-western www.youtube.com... the nazis beat eastern antifascist

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wish you still had the isolationist mentallity.

I wish we did, also!

You act like the world owes you praise and glory to the point of demanding it and when somebody challenges that, well, obviously they are evil.

Here you go again... Pointing your finger at all Americans, as if we are all in the Government or Big Business. Typical uninformed, enraged little troll....

Even Merkel compared American NSA to the Stazi. That comming from somebody who grew up with East Germany is a bad sign of how far from the Apple tree America has fallen.

And now, all Americans are in the NSA! I want my paycheck!! Calm down little troll...

America, oh world saviours. You do realise American citizens, business people et all funded the Provisional IRA. Every penny that was put in some colletion tin in America, funded killings of thousands in Northern Ireland, mainland UK and the Republic of Ireland. I laugh when americans claim their irish ancestry, fact is, irish people north and south laugh at it. Also you claimed to be Britains allies, well why where Americans funding the Provos that were fighting your allies? Americans cannot be trusted, period. Proven time and time again historically.

Yup! Every single American put up money to kill all those ppl in Ireland and UK! Now you're putting on your big-girl troll panties Congratulations!! You have graduated to Big Girl Troll University! Keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

kathat

Ohio_Ron

kathat
Yet nobody raised much alarms when America started building bases outside America and invading other soverign countries terratories.

I honestly want to see Russia, Iran et al start setting up bases next to America.
I honestly want to see BRICs nations setup their own payment platform to bypass SWIFT.

And honestly, I won't shed a tear if a dirty bomb goes off in America. The only fear is America's retilation dragging the rest of us into it.

Tired of hearing yanks cry 9/11 sympathy in my ears, Ive become deaf to their rants kinda like a car alarm going off in the street, nobody gives a damn about em.

edit on 27-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

That has got to be the dumbest, most hateful thing that I have ever seen on ATS! We, the American people, do not like what our government is doing, either! But here you are, spouting off at the mouth at all of the U.S. with all your hatred. Just remember who came to your aid less than a century ago, when we had an isolationist mentality, and kept you from speaking German! I'd pity you, if you weren't so fundamentally wrong...

America, oh world saviours. You do realise American citizens, business people et all funded the Provisional IRA. Every penny that was put in some colletion tin in America, funded killings of thousands in Northern Ireland, mainland UK and the Republic of Ireland. I laugh when americans claim their irish ancestry, fact is, irish people north and south laugh at it. Also you claimed to be Britains allies, well why where Americans funding the Provos that were fighting your allies? Americans cannot be trusted, period. Proven time and time again historically.

edit on 27-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

had a feeling you were from ireland or britian. reading your posts in this thread and the above makes me think this. not gonna go into to much in which i could rip both a new one.
just wanted to say that britian was and still ( by people in countries where britian invaded) is consider by some to be one of the greatest violaters of human rights, and committed millions of murders herself in the world.
they have invaded more countries and treated the indigenous people as trash and killed more than the U.S. has ever thought of.
at one point they were the largest empire that the world has ever seen. even larger than the roman empire was.

if not for the help of the three largest countries she ever spawned, would indeed been goose steppin with hilters minions during world war II. might have even been kissing the kissers a@@, after WWI. now those that are arrogant and spiteful, think they are better than anyone else. shame shame shame, look at your own history before lecturing or belittling others. your people have more blood on their hands than anyone.

as The Troubles goes and the U.S funding the IRA and the thousand killed, well it was not the U.S government, it was people of irish decent, and i hate and laugh too, when U.S. citizens claim that they are italian,irish,german,african, mexician, or what ever amercains. first and for most your ancestors may have been, your not you are a U.S. citizen if you were born in the U.S.( see pertaining laws).or immigrated and obtained citizenship. not gonna go into the other details of that. to much of it.

back The Troubles and who in the U.S. was funding the IRA. as i said it was private citizens collecting money for the IRA. that and the IRA robbing banks, the main group was called Noraid ("Irish Northern Aid Committee"), not a U.S. agency. now noraid claimed they were supporting the family's of political prisoners, and could have very well known that the money was being used to buy arms.
Thatcher even asked Reagan stop them which he couldn't do. hell they got just as much help from real terrorists as they did from U.S. citizens, Muammar Gaddafi even sent them guns, you know the same one Reagan put a missile into his tent.
now some numbers, from the wiki The Troubles

if you notice, for a 20 year conflict, only 3500 dead, i guess technically you could say thousands, but not the "thousands" your trying to make it seem to be.
here is a breakdown of who was killed.

the more i think about it your just a butt hurt brit or a irish loyalist that's pissed that britian got drawn to a stale mate. and blame the U.S. for your failure and wish for the days that britian was a world power that doesn't need any one help. sorry that you fell that way.
edit on 28-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Russia can't handle NATO

Not really bothered and I highly doubt any leaders in the west are worried either

They both need it

And Russia will make it happen

Here's to Russia getting its arse kicked

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
The more I think about it, you're just a butt hurt Brit, or a Irish loyalist, that's pissed that Britain got drawn to a stale mate. And, blame the U.S. for your failure and wish for the days that Britain was a world power that doesn't need any one help. Sorry that you fell that way.

*cough* Afghanistan *cough*

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Salami Tactics is why. Starts at 25 seconds.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

that's is a money deal. not about anything else. if you think other wise see who is profiting, not just the U.S.
same with iraq.

ETA:
something else to wonder about, why is it every time one or the other is involved in a war or conflict. there all ways seems to be one of the major countries that formed out of the british empire get involved. just not a ally or common wealth thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

really??

They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee,
and consider thee, saying,
Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

That made the world as a wilderness,
and destroyed the cities thereof;
that opened not the *house of his prisoners?.

*Note:house of his prisoners. See "On this day in 2009, President Obama issued an executive order that called for the Guantanamo Bay detention facility to be closed within a year ... ".

I
would not be so sure, as too whom wins the next big one.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

The moves putin has made are acts of aggression, an illegal occupation that looks like it will continue to grow.

The majority on here seem to disagree with you on that. What Putin wasnt an act of aggression, considering what America did to Libya, Yugoslavia and Iraq and elsewhere were indeed an act of aggression and an illegal occupation.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

ShrewdThinking

kathat
And honestly, I won't shed a tear if a dirty bomb goes off in America.

You make me sick, what human being wouldn't feel any sympathy for innocent lives being taken.

Also to make a point on this, how many innocent lives were taken when America invaded Iraq and other countries? you should probably understand why he wrote on what he stated.

He feels sympathy for towards those lives that were taken by America's acts of aggression and unjust wars.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
Something else to wonder about, why is it every time one or the other is involved in a war or conflict? There always seems to be one of the major countries, that formed out of the British empire, getting involved. Just not an ally or commonwealth thing.

Probably because most of those countries (my own included) were either founded directly through conflict, or by a country founded through conflict...you could say that it is part of our cultural DNA.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
has anyone else noticed that EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD. quickly dissolves into an Anti-American rant on here?? We are blamed for getting involved and then when we don't we are blamed for not doing anything. Seriously people. Americans are humans just like you. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OUR GOVERNMENT AND THE COUNTRY- please keep that in mind all you haters.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

The moves putin has made are acts of aggression, an illegal occupation that looks like it will continue to grow.

The majority on here seem to disagree with you on that. What Putin wasnt an act of aggression, considering what America did to Libya, Yugoslavia and Iraq and elsewhere were indeed an act of aggression and an illegal occupation.

Apparently, in all your worldly knowledge, you have forgotten the teeny lil part where America left those countries, that you,so adamantly claim that we occupied... Shame on you for poor knowledge of world affairs.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Starcrossd
has anyone else noticed that EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD. quickly dissolves into an Anti-American rant on here?? We are blamed for getting involved and then when we don't we are blamed for not doing anything. Seriously people. Americans are humans just like you. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OUR GOVERNMENT AND THE COUNTRY- please keep that in mind all you haters.

There is a simple explanation for that.........It is a planned propaganda campaign. I used to think ATS was filled with passionate posters just looking to get there personal message across.......Not anymore between the Health care debate,Tepco and now this I see the truth. So many new posters all pushing the same message paints a pretty clear picture.
edit on 28-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Ohio_Ron

Agent_USA_Supporter

Apparently, in all your worldly knowledge, you have forgotten the teeny lil part where America left those countries, that you,so adamantly claim that we occupied... Shame on you for poor knowledge of world affairs.

I think the important word was "aggression". Russia "occupied" without aggression, while the U.S. "liberates" with thousands upon thousands of deaths....

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

What did Hitler do to instigate the start of WW2?

Adolf Hitler wanted more land, especially in the east, to expand Germany according to the Nazi policy of lebensraum. Hitler used the harsh limitations that were set against Germany in the Versailles Treaty as a pretext for Germany's right to acquire land where German-speaking people lived. Germany successfully used this reasoning to envelop two entire countries without starting a war.

Does this sound at all familiar in the least to anyone here? You people think that it will be Americans that will feel the brunt force of this? If anyone thinks that Europe is safe if things escalate, they need to get a clue.

Furthermore;

Many people have wondered why Germany was allowed to take over both Austria and Czechoslovakia without a fight. The simple reason is that Great Britain and France did not want to repeat the bloodshed of World War I. They believed, wrongly as it turned out, they could avoid another world war by appeasing Hitler with a few concessions (such as Austria and Czechoslovakia). At this time, Great Britain and France did not understood that Hitler's goal of land acquisition was much, much larger than any one country.

You know how people say history repeats itself.....

Just for fun put a conspiracy spin on it

-plane still not found

-Syria still has not given up chemical weapons

-China stops buying us debt

-gold hoarding by china and russia

But it's cool, Putin really is a humanitarian and is completely of sane mind

edit on 28-3-2014 by tide88 because: Added

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
Russia can't handle NATO

Not really bothered and I highly doubt any leaders in the west are worried either

They both need it

And Russia will make it happen

Here's to Russia getting its arse kicked

Any conflict between NATO and Russia would be a bloody and terrible conflict, one whose outcome would be far from certain. Pick up a book; use the Google machine; converse with people. Ever hear of the Fulda Gap? You know, The Cold War? Do you know the meaning of Zero Sum Game? Nearly all of NATOs projections during the Cold War had them running out of munitions and fuel within a few weeks, necessitating the use of tactical nukes to stop the Red Army from overrunning them; then would come the counterstrikes and escalation. The Russian military is most certainly not what the Red Army once was, but then neither is NATO.

Don't get cocky. Save the flag waving jingo-ism for the recruiting office, though you'd be better served by stocking up on non-perishables, sodium-iodide, and a portable means of distilling water. Some excercise might do you some good as well, there would be lots of walking; maybe even some running; or you might just hope for cooler heads than your own to prevail.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I think the important word was "aggression". Russia "occupied" without aggression, while the U.S. "liberates" with thousands upon thousands of deaths....

The ONLY reason that Russia acted without aggression, is that Ukraine refused to give in to a reason for Russia to attack full force. If Ukraine responded to Russia's aggression, then Russia would have gone in full force. they are playing a game that they know, full well, is America's strong point. So, they are a copy-cat. They believe that what America has done in the past, gives them full right to do what they do, now.

I don't condone any military aggression from any country. But the more I see, the more I believe that Russia is trying to regain territories lost in the 90's. On the flip-side, I can see Putin's point that he believes Western influence is getting to close to his borders, so he is trying to alleviate some pressure. Why he is paranoid about all this, is yet to be seen.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Putin's gonna do what he wants. Period. Who's going to stop him? Or will we see another baseless threat again fron Kerry on this Sunday's talk shows. Like he did three weeks ago. Meaningless.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yanukovych should have been charged with high treason and international warrant may be the next step. How long will they be allowed to play that toy and laugh? With Snowden still alive it's becoming too cheeky.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join