It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarm on Hill over Russian troop buildup, as NATO general briefs lawmakers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

criticalhit
reply to post by MrStyx

Doubt anyone would disagree with that Mr Styx

None the less Putin comes off as a hero because, let's face it, a lot of us would rather our govt be doing what our govt should be doing... protecting us from external threats not treating us like internal ones. Just about anything that keeps our govt busy with REAL threats is kind of welcome these days.

never thought I'd say it but... YAY COLD WAR IS BACK

The cold war is comming back, but a lot are turning their backs on America, this time, it's the other way around. Funny that.

edit on 27-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by criticalhit

I understand and I totally get the sentiment. But as an individual your moral standards should stand firm no matter who offends them. I just find it baffling that people's actual moral standards are changing based on who the aggressor is. Rather than recognizing that any aggressor who acts in this manner is no longer acceptable.

This is the same stuff the US gets criticized about everyday. Yet somehow they find an excuse to stretch the moral compass for Russia. "Well NATO got too close" , "US does it too", "Russia has every right to defend her border." Just stop it. Its Hypocrisy at its finest. There is no splitting hairs on this. Its wrong period. No matter who is doing it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kathat

Still better for the children.

I went to school, the govt annoyance was having to put my head between my knees to kiss my butt goodbye in the event of a nuclear war.

Today, school lockdowns, terrorist drills, kids being arrested for vaccinations, arrested for paper guns, locker searches, sexual awareness crap, long lectures about why we suck on Thanksgiving, mandatory attendance, lunch debates... I could go on for a page...

The thing is politicians are all control freaks.

Without a real external threat America has become at best a pain in our collective rear ends at worst an absolute police state, these guys steal all the money anyway for one retarded needless thing or another, it's best here when that stolen money has to be used elsewhere not to bother with us.

Ahhhhh the 80's... when all the spies were in Europe not in Utah reading our facebooks, when i could go after beating the crap out of my sister and vice versa at the age of 8 unbuckled in the car and buy my dad a beer and pick up some fireworks for myself with the change and watch the kids at the park smoke weed while the cops never arrived... the good ol days when all our money went to needless over-expenditure on ICBMS not social programs...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

criticalhit
reply to post by kathat

Still better for the children.

I went to school, the govt annoyance was having to put my head between my knees to kiss my butt goodbye in the event of a nuclear war.

Today, school lockdowns, terrorist drills, kids being arrested for vaccinations, arrested for paper guns, locker searches, sexual awareness crap, long lectures about why we suck on Thanksgiving, mandatory attendance, lunch debates... I could go on for a page...

The thing is politicians are all control freaks.

Without a real external threat America has become at best a pain in our collective rear ends at worst an absolute police state, these guys steal all the money anyway for one retarded needless thing or another, it's best here when that stolen money has to be used elsewhere not to bother with us.

Ahhhhh the 80's... when all the spies were in Europe not in Utah reading our facebooks, when i could go after beating the crap out of my sister and vice versa at the age of 8 unbuckled in the car and buy my dad a beer and pick up some fireworks for myself with the change and watch the kids at the park smoke weed while the cops never arrived... the good ol days when all our money went to needless over-expenditure on ICBMS not social programs...

I hear they go into lockdown if parents don't sign in too, or you shave your head... wear a Tshirt with a gun on it.

Yeah much better today.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kathat

I disagree. Who is turning their backs? I don't see any new sides formed or new battle lines drawn. BRIC is still BRIC,NATO and EU are still the same as well. What allegiances have changed?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

I'm not so sure.

"Our moral standards" that implies "OUR" collectively as in America's. The concept that our beliefs should be the worlds beliefs actually offends MY personal moral standards, kind of represents a religious fundamentalist sort of background we all share where OUR morals should be everyone else's and all cultures should be the same.

I don't actually care to be totally honest what Russia is like... it's always been a brutal environment, because it's a brutal environment... honestly, the world is a safer place with regional controls anyway, all this human freedom stuff is OUR idea, did I get up any day prior to this debate and care if Ukraine was part of Russia or not? not really, not so long as they don't invade greater Europe I don't. Lots of Nuke building capacity there, Ukraine. Place is probably better off under Russian control. And I don't care if they like Gays or are "multicultural tolerant and all about equal rights".... that's their Empire... I live here in this one.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kathat

And honestly, I won't shed a tear if a dirty bomb goes off in America. The only fear is America's retilation dragging the rest of us into it.

Did you really just say that?

Russia and the USA both are full of crap, but I would never wish that kind of death on anyone.
There is not a single Gov. that is innocent.
I think people forget that sometimes.

Russia is no better than the US, both have issues, both lie, cheat and make under the counter deals.
I happen to love my country, just not the policies and politics, but I would never want or hope to see any country face some of the things that go on in the world, by ALL Governments.
But to not care about people is how genocides take place.
Not everyone in America agrees with the wars that have taken place in the past 15 years,
don't put everyone into the same basket, because America is full of every type of person there is,
and not everyone is blind.

I will however say something when I see people wishing dirty bombs upon our heads,
because that is just wrong.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by criticalhit

I don't mean "our" as in America. I mean "our" as in humanity in general. The basics are the same for all. So when a country, individual, or whatever passes that threshold. They are condemned or they aren't. It doesn't matter who. The rules shouldn't change based on who you sympathize with. Its simply Black and White no gray area or fence sitting.

Russia said Libya and Syria should be able to resolve their own conflicts internally and everyone should stay out. But what they really meant was stay out unless your interests are threatened. This was a Ukraine matter. There was no brink of civil war it was a lie. Where are the WMDs...I mean the foaming Nazi's killing ethnic Russian at?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Agreed

I have plenty to say about our system, it's over run with lobbyists, we don't have anything that resembles democracy anymore.

But.

That has nothing to do with the people who are the ones who get hit with things like dirty bombs not politicians.

Dumb comment

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

You have more cops in New York then we have boots on the ground. I hardly doubt you would have to build up a HUGE military force on the border. LMAO

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by kathat

And honestly, I won't shed a tear if a dirty bomb goes off in America. The only fear is America's retilation dragging the rest of us into it.

Did you really just say that?

Russia and the USA both are full of crap, but I would never wish that kind of death on anyone.
There is not a single Gov. that is innocent.
I think people forget that sometimes.

Russia is no better than the US, both have issues, both lie, cheat and make under the counter deals.
I happen to love my country, just not the policies and politics, but I would never want or hope to see any country face some of the things that go on in the world, by ALL Governments.
But to not care about people is how genocides take place.
Not everyone in America agrees with the wars that have taken place in the past 15 years,
don't put everyone into the same basket, because America is full of every type of person there is,
and not everyone is blind.

I will however say something when I see people wishing dirty bombs upon our heads,
because that is just wrong.

Yes I did say that, I never shed a tear on 9/11, never shed a tear on 7/7 in the UK, never shed a tear on Boston bombing. All it brought us was more costs and dangers and loses of our rights and privacy et al. First thing outta my mouth at 9/11 watching it on TV was, there goes our rights and privacy, people hated me for it, but in the long run, I was proven to be right.

All I hear over and over like a broken car alarm is the same old rhetoric and mantra.

I grew up with bombs on the street blowing up and controlled explosions for many decades, funded no less than by the YANKS, and this was in Europe.

I will never trust a yank. I have seen what they do. As far as I am concerened, yanks are not welcome here yet they seem to have to be everywhere. Go home.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizak

The USA would do it anyway, just for the fun of it. You Canadians can not imagine how lucky you are to only have low quality tar sands to offer up....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Mamatus

More than I would like to have had the King of the War Mongers McCain and Palin in office. Were they in office I would be building my fallout shelter this week.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

If you haven't started by now....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

kathat

Yes I did say that, I never shed a tear on 9/11, never shed at ear on 7/7 in the UK, never shed a tear on Boston bombing. All it brought us was more costs and dangers and loses of our rights and privacy et al.

All I hear over and over like a broken car alarm is the same old rhetoric and mantra.

I grew up with bombs on the street blowing up and controlled explosions for many decades, funded no less than by the YANKS, and this was in Europe.

I will never trust a yank. I have seen what they do.

What country are you from?

It's one thing to not like our government but to throw the citizens under that same bus is truly distgusting, you are nothing more then a........ Peace be with you.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

thesaneone

kathat

Yes I did say that, I never shed a tear on 9/11, never shed at ear on 7/7 in the UK, never shed a tear on Boston bombing. All it brought us was more costs and dangers and loses of our rights and privacy et al.

I will never trust a yank. I have seen what they do.

It's one thing to not like our government but to throw the citizens under that same bus is truly distgusting, you are nothing more then a........ Peace be with you.

As disgusting as your people funding terrorism in my country, it was not only politicans in America funding terrorsits here, it was citizens of America too, and business people. So you are in no high horse to preach what is disgusting and not.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kathat

Well ok then...

I never trust a Government,
but I also never blame the people for something they don't control.

Carry on with the anti-west stance, just realize that some of us do care.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I remember a comedian that Used to joke that the only reason we tolerate Canada, is for the day we run out of resources, or ruin our country.

It was akin to we would knock on there door an tell them to get out...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kathat

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by kathat

Well ok then...

I never trust a Government,
but I also never blame the people for something they don't control.

Carry on with the anti-west stance, just realize that some of us do care.

I live in the West, but I sure am not your ally, just as you are not mine.

History has proven, y'all cannot be trusted. Sooner rather than later, you will have no more friends, look at all the media with Obama and cronies et al, nobody is applauding his speechs or wanting to shake his hands. I sure don't. If he came up to me with his cheshire grin and hand shake, I would say no thanks, I just washed them. Go home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join