It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinas giant ghost cities going to get filled up by new urbanization program???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Lets just clear a gew things up here. China did not build these cities. Chinese companies did trying to get in on the a booming housing markets that much like in the US went bust. Most of them are now falling apart. It would be nice if they would use them for something but, with China looking to be facing a hard economic road ahead I doubt they will.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

StallionDuck

Sure they do. One thing... We don't build empty cities and not let anyone live there.

The US bail-out of the lenders resulted in empty houses. TONS of them. We're talking like four empty houses for every homeless person. So what we did was actually worse.

China may have built empty homes but we actually emptied them out and stuck up "Stay Out" signs. They did this with our tax dollars.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Cuervo

StallionDuck

Sure they do. One thing... We don't build empty cities and not let anyone live there.

The US bail-out of the lenders resulted in empty houses. TONS of them. We're talking like four empty houses for every homeless person. So what we did was actually worse.

China may have built empty homes but we actually emptied them out and stuck up "Stay Out" signs. They did this with our tax dollars.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

I don't know what you're seeing. In Chicago, maybe, but probably because no one wants to live in a crime riddled city.

I know no examples where bailouts left empty homes. Please show me some.

The only places I see are in Chicago where homes are LITTERALLY selling for $1. Tell me why a homeless person wouldn't live there? Because they're homeless... Not stupid!

Not to mention, Chicago had forclosure issues. People loosing jobs... Not bailouts.

Just one version of the same issue everywhere else
edit on 27-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

MrSpad
Lets just clear a gew things up here. China did not build these cities. Chinese companies did trying to get in on the a booming housing markets that much like in the US went bust. Most of them are now falling apart. It would be nice if they would use them for something but, with China looking to be facing a hard economic road ahead I doubt they will.

I do not think that a distinction can be made between Chinese companies and their government.

If it is simply a loss for a private financial venture, who cares? If Disney built a giant stupid park in Europe and nobody showed, we would laugh and be thankful that public monies weren't wasted, right?

Why isn't that the case here? Were the "economic planners" an afterthought called up only to correct a failed capitalist investment?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chefspicy

...'Wonder if the new living areas are built to Agenda 21 standards?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join