It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia school reportedly complains 8-year-old girl not feminine enough

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I do hope these grandparents take the girl out of that school and put her elsewhere. The fact that this school labels her with gender identity issues simply because she does not conform to a very OUTDATED idea of what girlhood is about, tells me they should be left to their backwards devices.

I was a tomboy growing up, and I still refuse to wear dresses. When I was younger, I wore jeans to my cousin's church, a fundementalist baptist church. Id's wear a nice sweater and nice shoes with them. I never wore anything offensive, and was always covered appropriately. They took issue, and told me I had to go change my clothes to ride the bus to church. Needless to say, I stopped going. It's certainly their right to reject me from their congregation due to my choice of clothing. Just as it was my right to reject them and abandon their religion all together.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

There is nothing wrong with being a Tomboy, or a girl wearing jeans, I think the issue is this girl could not be identified as a girl. Look at the pictures of her. She looks like a boy to me. Perhaps due to this, the school insisted on her wearing typical girl clothes to help others identify her as a girl. I do not believe she went to school like this by her own devices. Her grandparents knew fully well what time it was. Me thinks there was an agenda being pushed. Someone trying to force a point.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

~Lucidity
Excel at what and by whose measurement? Probably not society's.

Home schoolers do excel in standardized testing. Most use standardized curriculums such as we did - Seton Home School . There are teachers and others at the main office who put together the curriculum and who can answer questions.

Home schoolers have less behavioral problems then their public school counterparts and less emotional issues. They learn at a quicker pace and have plenty of socialization. Most have home school groups that they get together with weekly for field trips and gym type classes. Our daughter was on two swim teams and tried archery as well as gymnastics. She also was part of a home school art class at the YMCA that would meet once or twice a week. Socialization isn't an issue, no matter how much anti-homeschoolers claim it is. Home schoolers have positive socialization.

More information can be found here - Home School Legal Defense Association

When my daughter entered fifth grade, she switched to a Catholic school from home school. She transitioned just fine. She's now at a high-end university studying for her degree in engineering. No problem.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly. I live near Memphis, TN and the Zoo there has special programs for homeschoolers. We have a membership there and take the kids all of the time anyway but their homeschool program is excellent. People can meet there with other home school families and they have class rooms that they do films and slide shows in and bring animals into for the kids to learn about. We lived in Memphis well Cordova just outside of Memphis and when the city of Memphis annexed Cordova they began bussing inner city kids to the schools in Cordova. Within the first month of this one of the bussed students threw a Molotov cocktail into the principle's office. Burned it up. It was time to pull our kids out of public school but we could not afford private school so we homeschooled them. It was great. We moved and they eventually went back to public school where we moved and were required to take placement exams to reenter the school system and placed extremely high on all of the tests.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

maybe the grandparents should have just waved a magic wand and turn her into a slim pretty girl with a body that declares itself to all "I'm a girl!!"?

This is what I find concerning this girl was grabbed by a bunch of boys who were trying to pull her into the boys bathroom. Why were they doing this? What was their intention? Did they do this because she was "different"? Did they notice the difference on their own or was it pointed out to them by adult's gossip?
And why do I get the impression that the school blamed this incident on the girl!
I'm sorry but having a gang of kids trying to force one kid into the bathroom would be quite concerning to me regardless of who was what sex! Does this school not have a policy of "hands off other students"?? I imagine they do. Were the boys involved disciplined or did the school just blame it on the girl she should have dressed differently she should have long hair ect!

She is being raised by her grandparents who consulted with a medical professional on the issue and was told to just let her be. And quite frankly some kids kind of find themselves in situations where they feel they have no control and well giving the a little control in some areas (like picking out your own clothes) helps alot!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Take her to California! They'll tell her she's gay and encourage her to use the boys restroom there.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I feel really bad for the girl. Plenty of females wear their hair in very short boy cuts and have for decades, it's not a new thing. Regardless, this is a private, religious school... not public and they (unless of course receiving public funds) don't have to conform to public standards of gender identity acceptance, if that's even the issue (seems more like the girl just likes short hair and is bullied for it). The wall of separation needs to go both ways.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by dawnstar

The way I see it, a K-2nd grader typically does not pick out their own clothes without parent or guardian approval. Her grandparents sent her to a Private Christian School dressed and looking the way she did. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing but I can see some of the school's point. It is a Private CHRISTIAN school and the students have to abide by their rules or they are out of there.

Here is the part that would excuse her dressing how she wants. Asking the school administrators If they are hebrew. They are clearly using the Hebrew OT as the christian values they espouse. Most of my fellow christians do not comprehend that the OT was not meant for US but it was just to be a history to us. WE are not under the law/mosaic covenant.

We are under the Grace made for us by Jesus dying on the cross. HE gave us a simplified version specifically for us to follow. Although so many are not. Even the law of the sabbath day does not apply to us Gentiles,but will this church lead group admit wrongness? no they will not.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Not sure if I was being unclear, I'm not condoning this behavior, perhaps my reply was hard to understand?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The funny thing about this new movement of feminism and that man doesn't even know and doesn't even care that it is going on. They probably aren't going to realize it until woman has taken over all the jobs and won't hire man anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join