It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold War Propaganda in Movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have been an old movie kick as of late. I grew up in the 80's and remember the us versus them mentality that permeated the culture then. As I am watching these movies today, it is abundent the amount of the evil empire we prescribed to the Soviets. Nothing goes to say this more than Rocky IV. We have this large Athlete and is the "Ultimate Fighter" coming from the Soviet Union. Kills a American God "Apollo," then the America Hero walks into the belly of the beast to defeat the enemy while turning a whole nation to supporting a man clad in the Stars and Stripes........

Yeah, very abundant cold war propaganda.

What movies do you think has over the top Soviet vs America action.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

Well, I am an ardent anti-communist but, I still think "Spies Like Us" was the best cold war movie.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

A classic. Another one was Stripes. Hilarious. the Super Armed RV, Bill Murry, John Candy, Harold Ramis. Tons of laughs as they misadventure in Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia. Some kind of vakia????!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Evil drug cheat ruskie vs good old Rocky, being followed by evil KGB. ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

Ok so I saw you put rocky in your op.

The USAF had enrolment booths at the theatres playing Top Gun.
edit on 27-3-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

TOP GUN is a great one, but why was the USAF when they were Naval Aviators. I guess anyway the government can get you to enlist.

top topics

join