It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama just said that?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

An old concept that has mostly ended in the modern world because of WW1 WW2. He mentions Iraq and that despite the justification of the war being debated that in the end the US did not take Iraq and keep it.

Mostly an old concept? Flush out your headgear, McReady. Desert Storm ring a bell? All the bases in Iraq are still there. They are manned by the US military, errm, I mean "contractors". The US Embassy there is the largest in the world. And the International Big Oil companies are keepers of the flame now, not the Iraqi people. You know they have to buy gas on the Black Market with the refineries visible in the distance?

"They're not Swedes Mac, they're Norwegian." -- Doc, from "The Thing".

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

alldaylong

The actual quote by Churchill was:-

"The Americans will always do the right thing… after they’ve exhausted all the alternatives.”

My favourite quote by Churchill :-

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Churchill has a deep well of intelligent anecdotes, this one may actually not even be attributed to him but I like to use it anyway.

The actual origin of the quote may be Abba Eban:
“Men and nations behave wisely when they have exhausted all other resources.”

(post by jimmyx removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Interesting reply.

I did some checking up on this: vimeo.com...
and I have to say intriguing.

I would have loved to have this about 30 years ago, right after I watched "Heavy Metal".

Thank you for this "lead".

anon72

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I can't remember but wasn't libia a NATO deal? Or the EU? I'm too lazy to look it up. But I don't think it's was an Obama/us deal.... As I said earlier. The case for Obama being a bully is crazy thin. Honduras - he searched a plane!!! Aka really thin on a global level.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

‘Today I authorized the Armed Forces of the United States to begin a limited military action in Libya in support of an international effort to protect Libyan civilians.”

www.sfexaminer.com...

Straight from the mouth of Obama himself.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I saw this with several other people and we all LOL!!! After what the zio-war mongering US government have done over the last 50,- years this is hypocrisy at it's worst. These people........*just shakes head and walks away

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Biigs

p

No no and no again. Why because despite what you think America doesn't do that. America is the guardian angel of the planet . Face it. Obama is not the devil a certain group like to think he is.
We prevent wars, we preserve and honor life. What the he'll ever happened to patriotism my fellow Americans. Why do you continually put down our still great country. Why don't you move somewhere else if we suck so bad. Oh I know, because this is still the best lace to live if you respect human rights.
Move or can it.

There is absolutely 100% no way you are serious here with this statement? This is the best place to live?? What the he'll are you talking about??

You work to pay taxes
Those tax dollars are going to other countries while our debt grows daily!
We have no control over our money!
The people have no word that can be spoken loud enough for the government to do WHAT THE PEOPLE want!
There are very few honest politicians
You have to pay basically to breathe in this country!
I could make a thread 3 pages long of the downfalls and negative points that this crap government has done to it's people!

So again, you have to be joking....I hope

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I'm pretty sure Switzerland is the concensus best place to live

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Don't forget the U.S. military operations in Africa.

They're involved in Algeria and Angola, Benin and Botswana, Burkina Faso and Burundi, Cameroon and the Cape Verde Islands. And that's just the ABCs of the situation. Skip to the end of the alphabet and the story remains the same: Senegal and the Seychelles, Togo and Tunisia, Uganda and Zambia. From north to south, east to west, the Horn of Africa to the Sahel, the heart of the continent to the islands off its coasts, the US military is at work. Base construction, security cooperation engagements, training exercises, advisory deployments, special operations missions, and a growing logistics network, all undeniable evidence of expansion—except at US Africa Command.

The Startling Size of US Military Operations in Africa

and a related article....
US Military Intervention in Africa: The East African Response Force, A Creation of the Pentagon

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Damn right!! We're gonna enjoy the next 3 years of it.And what about Bush.They blew the World Trade Towers in New York,Bush retaliates with war.After nearly destroying a country he then donate billions of dollars to help rebuild and i also remember them uncovering up billions Osama Bin Laden had stored not including what the dumb # donated.Bush knew about this because he was in on it and the takedown of the towers.His Intelligence knew about the World Towers collapsing before it happened but feel to tell us (The People) in which caused mass murders within America when those towers where taken down and also when he started that Trillion dollar War which is still going on today 3/27/2014.Hello? How many years Dummy? Kmsl!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well...to be honest...his administration hasnt been much of a Bully. One of the very few good things about Dems.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Well I be D***.It took Obama to get in 4 you to realize where our tax dollars are going.That has been going on for centuries,damn near 100 years.Where in hell have you been,SLEEP? HELLO?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zackery

Agreed! These exact same things earlier presidents have done without being evil. I honestly don't think it's about race. I think it's about the crazy way the right plays up EVERY thing. There are plenty of legitimate thangs to blame on Obamas administration . Loads of hypocrisy. And plenty of campaign lies. Bit that's not what he gets attacked for. It's always some really obscure way he's secretly trying to destroy the country. Or his lack of leadership has caused every problems in the world, with out ever saying what they would do different.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
I think I've come to believe that Obama is really just a mouth that grew a body. The body doesn't really do anything of substance and if he stops talking, he'll disappear. So naturally we get statements like in the OP.

Krazy, you just gave me a visual of a 6.66 foot diameter petri dish that may never fade from the stovetop. It's stunning how far the envelope can and has been stretched in the last ten or so years on a public this physically and mentally dominated.
We've both seen him work without the teleprompter-- the prosecution rests.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

The US never bullys smaller states.

My favorite was by G Dub, he though Africa was a country.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Obama states Kosovo left Serbia only after referendum, but there was NO referendum at all!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
G W Bush was a liar, he was the devil incarnate, he was Illuminati, he was a shape shifting lizard person, he was going to usher in the end times. He invaded two countries to get oil, he knocked down the Twin Towers, he bankrupted the country.

Now Obama's in office, he's a liar, a communist, a Kenyan, his reckless spending is wildly out of control, he's the first US president to ever be such a complete irresponsible jacka**. He's going to usher in the collapse of America.

Doesn't anyone else see that all these guys are just struggling with complex problems and a whole lot of pre existing international infrastructure that are an enormous challenge to decipher? So Obama said that, so what?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Biigs

p

No no and no again. Why because despite what you think America doesn't do that. America is the guardian angel of the planet . Face it. Obama is not the devil a certain group like to think he is.
We prevent wars, we preserve and honor life. What the he'll ever happened to patriotism my fellow Americans. Why do you continually put down our still great country. Why don't you move somewhere else if we suck so bad. Oh I know, because this is still the best lace to live if you respect human rights.
Move or can it.

Obama...
Or the NSA...
Or a hired troll...
Maybe an Obamacare navigator...
...just hacked AutumnWitch657's account.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I could not agree more. I'm not even from the U.S. but it seems pretty clear to me that Obama has never agreed with most of the actions of past presidents, including the war in Iraq which he actually mentioned as well.

People really want to hate Obama, so they'll pick even the smallest, dumbest thing and focus on it until it seems like a big deal. I'm not saying I'm in love with the guy, but he's the best president you guys have had for a while, that's for sure.
edit on 27-3-2014 by mysteriousmysteries because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join