It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungary: Archeologists Discover Tomb of Attila the Hun !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Budapest| Construction workers building the foundations of a new bridge over the Danube River in the Hungarian capitol, have unearthed a spectacular 6th century sepulchre. The analysis of the monument revealed that it was the burial chamber of a great hunnic leader, most likely that of King Attila himself. - See more at: worldnewsdailyreport.com...

I love this stuff! I hope it proves to be true!

worldnewsdailyreport.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Okay. World News Daily. Hmmmm??? Should I click? Why not?
(click)

Oh Look! Apparently they have sighted that African dinosaur McASaurus or whatever as well!

I wonder if Elvis was riding it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I hope it proves to be true!

I have a feeling it isn't , the source is suspect and from what I can gather Albrecht Rümschtein doesn't exist.

Weekly World News
Originally a supermarket tabloid best known for covering Elvis sightings, alien abductions, Nostradamus prophecies and the like, Weekly World News ceased to exist as a print publication in 2007 but lives on thanks to the Internet, still covering Elvis sightings, alien abductions, and Nostradamus prophecies. Why mess with a winning formula?
urbanlegends.about.com...

It seems there is no Albrecht Rümschtein at the Lorand Eötvös University.
www.elte.hu...

edit on 27-3-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You brought us a great story, and I came to your thread in hope and interest, but must leave with disappointment and concern for the people working in journalism who would make a living making up stories to fool the public. Why do people work on these tabloids, besides the money? You'd think reporters would want to report real news, unless they look upon their jobs as writing satire which educates the public a little bit (people reading the article actually learn a little more about Mr. The Hun than they knew before).

Here's the Wikipedia page on Attila, and thanks to you I'll give it a read and try to educate myself further. Thanks for the inspiration to do that:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I remember many years ago watching a documentary which seemed to prove that the hun's were originally from mongolia like the later temugen, There is a small valley in the baverian alps with good pastuer but relatively isolated and so the people there where intermarried, this meant that there male line was streight back with no interuption and at the base of there spine all the men have this inherited red birth mark or red path of skin, this is actually found only among men of mongolian extraction and as they were thought to be direct descendants of Hun warriors was used to suggest the likelyhood of a link.

If they have found Attila's tomb it will truly be one for the history book's but was he buried with treasure and was it later robbed out?.
It will be interesting to see what they find.

Remember though that the later Temugen was a semi mythical boogy man for many years the mongols were painted as uncultured savages when in reality he build the fables city of Xanadu, in it he had a grand mosque, a cathedral and a buddist temple as well as temple to his people's god's as though he mercilessly conquered he actually tried to unify his empire but after he died the tribes unified under him started to fragment and most of his men returned home, they had conquered the fertile crescent and smashed the ancient irrigation damns which they middle east still to this day has never fully recovered from but that territory was lost when this seasoned warrior's returned home to attend his funeral, they left unseasoned young mongols to try to hold the territory they had taken but the Egyptian cavalry took advantage of there weakness and drove them out of messopotamia and back into persia.
S+F

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Albrecht Rümschtein
Is a character in The Tombs Written by Clive Cussler.

Finding Attila's tomb is the basis of the story, only Cussler did a hell of a lot more research than this journalist.

According to Picsus Roman the scribe that recorded the history of Attila he was buried in a solid gold coffin, within a solid silver one within an iron one, and these were filled with treasures of his conquest.

Seems pretty slim pickings for possibly the greatest warlord to exist ever.

And that coffin doesn't look very gold to me

Also from your source

have unearthed a spectacular 6th century
Attila died

Attila died in the early months of 453.
that would be 5th century Source

Just saying

Cody

edit on 27/3/14 by cody599 because: Crap at typing

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

According to Picsus Roman the scribe that recorded the history of Attila he was buried in a solid gold coffin, within a solid silver one within an iron one, and these were filled with treasures of his conquest.

That is the story that I remember. As I remember it, he was buried by a selected group of warriors, and when they returned from their task, they were killed to insure that the location of his grave forever remained secret.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by cody599

That is the story that I remember. As I remember it, he was buried by a selected group of warriors, and when they returned from their task, they were killed to insure that the location of his grave forever remained secret.

As memory serves it was his personal guard, and yes according to Piscus they were killed without resistance upon return.

Some sources say it was commoners, but I personally believe that such a task would only have been entrusted to the most loyal of soldiers, prepared to die in order to protect their leader's sanctity, and follow him into the afterlife without question.

Just my thoughts

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So, they finally found Jimmy Hoffa then...

new topics

top topics

join