page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

jazz10
reply to post by Rex282

Can you add anything else?

about what??.....If you want to know more about the math I have multiple threads explaining the basics of the Fibonacci number sequence and the Golden Ratio.If you want to know something specific let me know,I ll answer to the best of my knowledge.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I decided to look into the 'new thought' movement, which eventually led me to this book, the Science of Mind. I honestly really have been liking it. It is what sparked this line of thought. I also love how he uses biblical quotes throughout the work, as this allows you to really see this alternative interpretation as actually being in the bible itself.

Here's a link to that book, just in case anyone were interested.

sacred-texts.com...

And here's a bit more writing I've been doing on this theme...

The idea of the trinity is that God is of a triple nature. Man, being the microcosm, is of a triple nature as well. God’s trinity is father, holy spirit/mother, son. Man’s trinity is spirit, soul, body. Spirit is father, soul is holy spirit/mother, son is body. The spirit is the active principle, the Word. The soul is the plastic and receptive medium, primordial substance. It receives the impressions of the spirit, and is the vehicle through which that spirit expresses itself. The body is the actual manifestation. Everything in the Universe is the body of God, is the Son, who is Christ. Let’s look at a biblical verse that seems to lend itself to this idea.

1st Corinthians 12:12 “For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.”

Seems to be saying that Christ is an essence, or power, or divine spark, which exists within us all. This rather than an individual. The verses surrounding this one are talking about the followers of Jesus, in relation to Jesus.

Spirit is word, soul is law, body is effect. The spirit and soul cannot change. The body is in a constant state of change. The body is the relative condition. As spirit is the true reality of things, it is the body that constitutes the eternal activity of spirit. In other words, spirit itself is unchanging. Yet it is constant and eternal activity. The manifested world IS the activity of the spirit itself, which spirit is singular though underlying everything in all space and time.

Matthew 6:22-23 “The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light.
But if your eye is evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness.”

Note how ‘evil’ is contrasted with ‘single.’ This therefore demonstrates the identity of the concept of evil/sin with duality. Now perhaps ‘light’ is clear and recognizable manifestation, and darkness is difficult to perceive manifestation. So in truth all is manifested from mind, but when you have contradictions in your own mind and mindset, your reality as mental manifestation is unclear. Think also of ‘No man can serve two masters,’ which is also in Matthew 6. When your eye and mind are single, that the reality you experience is a singular, absolute manifestation of spirit/mind will reveal itself to you as self-evident.
edit on 30-3-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Consider this.....
Is the bible from our past or from our future.

It may be seen as a daft question but hey
remember the game of circles.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

It is neither, it is just another brutal set of distractions and spells to cause all manner of mayhem.

It has literally everything in it, and yet, I find it utterly useless to those who would actually try what "Jesus" said can be done.

Because of its wording, it inherently allows for limitless restriction.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
First of all, I do not mean any disrespect. I am just going to through my opinion of this subject.

The OP quoted John, but left a key point out which would clarify some of the things that Yeshua did, and what they mean in context. It said the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. Now if the Word was with G-d, and was G-d, then that means that including the Holy Spirit, you begin to understand the reason many christians accept the triune nature of Adonai. They are different parts of the same whole. This is the context. A part of The Most High dwelling amongst man, to spread the truth of the Father and open the doors to those who were lost.

Now to have faith in G-d, you are having faith in G-d. You do not have the ability to think things into existence. If you do, please upload video. You will usher in a new age of man. There is a scripture which has been referenced in another thread, which is: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". This alludes to what faith really means. By having faith in G-d, you fear, respect, and live according to His Word. In doing so, G-d uses you to assert His will. This is also in the Bible about man being a vessel. By living accordingly, you don't acquire superpowers, but He does miracles through you. It is Him who is responsible, not you. But you are greatly blessed by taking part in this type of thing.

As far as Peter and the "Ye of little faith" comment, Yeshua was talking about Peter's faith in Him, not in himself. It was not Peter causing himself to walk on the water, or else he would have been a better fisherman. It was His faith in G-d. G-d was doing a miracle through Him, but Peter became afraid and thought he would fall, thus disbelieving for a second that G-d could hold him aloft. It was a test of faith, if anything. Yeshua did this multiple times throughout His ministry. Interestingly, Peter was named because of his faith. Yeshua asked the disciples who they thought He was. Simon said "You are the messiah, the Son Of G-d" This is when Yeshua stated that it was not him who knew this from his great understanding, but was revealed to him from G-d the Father.

My advice, read the Bible looking for what G-d has to show you. Don't rely on your own understanding, humble yourself. Then you won't be able to stop seeing the truth. Yeshua came to realign you with your Creator, where as this post seems to be trying to elevate man to G-dhood. If you ever think through the faith in body and spirit you can walk on water, take a boat out to the ocean and jump in. Just be sure to have a floaty on.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Rex282
Not one time in the scriptures does Yahoshua ever say he has faith.He only tells others to have faith. The most misquoted out of context scriptures is....

"The Truth will make you free".....yet that is not what Yahoshua said ..he said to some "Jews" that "believed"...

"If you continue in my word [Truth] then you are "truly" my disciple. THEN you will" KNOW" the Truth and the Truth will make you free".

The fact is faith is NOT knowing.Yahoshua did not have faith.... he "KNEW" however that doesn't mean faith is not important.It is very necessary however it is only the beginning part of the process.It is impossible to "know" the creator God by faith.The purpose is to "know" the creator God(commune) not "believe in" faith.

The fact is.... it is impossible by anyones efforts to "know" the creator God.There is no action or effort that will cause that.There is only one way.When the creator God reveals themselves to you.Then you will know the Truth and the Truth will make you free.The ball is in the creator God's court and it's their serve....always.

yeah, Jesus didn't have faith. He WAS faith.

"believe in me"

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I conducted a search for "Science of Mind" last year...

I noticed that the word "cult" kept coming up in the results.

"Despite the ease with which it employees biblical terminology, Science of Mind is not simply non-Christian, it completely rejects and is sometimes even hostile toward Christianity. The heresy of Gnosticism, prominent in the first five centuries of church history, provides a significant part of the philosophical basis for Religious Science."

Earnest Holmes and Religious Science

The Encyclopedia of Cults - Religious Science

The Science of Mind cult Ernest Holmes

What Does Religious Science Teach About Jesus?

Is the Church of Religious Science a Cult?

(Last link dead but still available at Wayback > web.archive.org...)

edit on MaruMon, 31 Mar 2014 03:18:03 -05003am31Mon, 31 Mar 2014 03:18:03 -050020141831 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

To know......?

What is someone was shown things in a sense covering many things and showing things that are all connected?
Would the person be shown these things for a rwason like to share with others?

Also what if this person could heal people?

Would this be by also receiving visions to certain things seeing them in a different light that would seem crystal clear to that person but not at all to others?
Also why would I be shown these things if its impossible to relay them?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Murgatroid

I conducted a search for "Science of Mind" last year...

I noticed that the word "cult" kept coming up in the results.

"Despite the ease with which it employees biblical terminology, Science of Mind is not simply non-Christian, it completely rejects and is sometimes even hostile toward Christianity. The heresy of Gnosticism, prominent in the first five centuries of church history, provides a significant part of the philosophical basis for Religious Science."

Earnest Holmes and Religious Science

The Encyclopedia of Cults - Religious Science

The Science of Mind cult Ernest Holmes

What Does Religious Science Teach About Jesus?

Is the Church of Religious Science a Cult?

(Last link dead but still available at Wayback > web.archive.org...)

edit on MaruMon, 31 Mar 2014 03:18:03 -05003am31Mon, 31 Mar 2014 03:18:03 -050020141831 by Murgatroid because: Added link

Well, since the viewpoint being espoused is that mainstream christianity is true and gnosticism is 'heresy,' obviously what they say is pretty irrelevant to me...

As is the word 'cult,' since all it means is a smaller group who has beliefs that differ from larger, mainstream groups...jesus originally started a 'cult'...it's not really a bad word, just has bad connotations.
edit on 31-3-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-3-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The truth is ALWAYS relevant...

The truth will always be the truth, despite our opinions.
The truth is still the truth even if it is not understood.
The truth is still the truth even if we are not able to accept it.
The truth is still the truth even if we choose to ignore or reject it.
The truth doesn't need the approval of the human ego in order to be truth.
The truth needs nothing to back it up.
The truth is self-sustaining.
The truth stands on its own.

The truth is only for those who WANT it.
The truth is only for those who are open to it.
The truth is accessible to ALL that have an open mind to receive it.
The truth is for all who take the time and effort to seek it out.
The truth is 100% free for all who want it.
The truth reveals ITSELF when we stop thinking we already know it.
When we think we already know the truth, we close ourselves off to what it truly is.
When we think we already know the truth, we close ourselves off to the next higher level of truth.
We're blind to the truth because we're too involved with our individual "truth".
If we let go of the opinions and beliefs, truth will reveal ITSELF without any kind of searching for it.
Paradoxically, the words "I don't know" are the way to knowing the truth.

The truth is not to be learned.
The truth is extremely simple.
The truth is REALIZED when everything has been un-learned and let go of.
Truth can only be verified FIRSTHAND by BEING the truth.
Understanding what the truth is intellectually means nothing if the individual is not going to BE it.
The truth is not to be known intellectually by only knowing ABOUT the truth. (reading or having something "proven" to you)

What is the Absolute Truth, Opinion, Belief

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Jesus did not need faith if he was the creator, think about what you are saying, based upon everything I have ever read faith is trusting in the lord and what he has in store or will deliver, you then put yourself in that power's control of your destiny, if he was truly God in the Flesh what other power did he need to have faith in ? the only people that needed faith were those that ascribe to his teachings or the creations, creators need no faith if they are omnipotent, they just make it happen.

In my opinion religion itself was created by the one's with faith or the followers of a particular god or his teachings, none of the pomp and circumstance have anything to do with the humble teachings or morality and common sense how to treat another human in many cases, it is not new age or any of that other teachings based on the theosophists, people honor and worship only the things concocted by mere mortals who are prone just like anyone else to error, people have turned religion into god itself and made many rules and laws, money making schemes, self enrichment by fear, many of the things that have nothing to do with Jesus or the figures most religions are founded upon unfortunately.
edit on 31-3-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

phinubian

Jesus did not need faith if he was the creator, think about what you are saying

So if I believee Jesus were uniquely god-incarnate, it may be a contrdiction. Fortunately, I do not believe that. Christ is the Divine spark within all men.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

jazz10
reply to post by Skyfloating

Can I be honest here without sounding blasphemous?
Take what I say as it's meant rather than taking it as I am flaming certain religions?

If I was to say I am part of one and that all religions are the same would you understand?

Sorry if I sound patronising it's not intended.

It's my opinion all religions are part of one.
The key for revealing is unity.

Having all eggs in one basket could have meant that the word was lost so.....what would a genius do?
He would divide it.
Divide it to such an extent and in all ways shapes and forms.
Tongue- language
sight - text
Location.

What you say?
Circumpunct?

I, too, view that all true religions are just different perspectives of the same universal truth. For how can you explain an infinite being in a finite dogma.

However, it seems that most people feel that their religion is the one true religion.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wish we could delete posts...
edit on 1-4-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was taking my 2 year old Niece from Tucson to Albuquerque and had to leave Tucson with 1/2 tank of gas and driving a Chev Blazer with a 8 cylinder motor, and it was a Sunday and I couldn't find an open gas station along the way.

When the gas gauge got down to the empty line, I looked at my sleeping Niece and declared my faith out loud in the Lord, and just continued the next 250 miles from a total of 450 miles that I had to drive and went all the way back to Albuquerque without running out of gas, which is an unexplained impossibility unless having faith can produce this outcome.

The truck got about 18 miles per gallon at best, and I only had 1/2 a tank of a 20 gallon tank, for a trip of 450 miles total.

At 20 miles per gallon I would have needed 22.5 gallons of fuel to get there, but made it on 10 gallons.

Faith does produce results when you know his power of love. It has happened to me and saved my life several times.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I believe the Gnostics believed in direct interation with God and Christ said that once one was at 'that' level of belief Christ accepted that one as his equal. That is actually mind blowing because it tells us that we have the internal will power to become as we understand Christ is. I do believe this is where our individual will-power comes into play with whether we struggle to become materialistically powerful or spiritually powerful.

This is the root of the schism between Christ and the Jewish Priests and why they persecuted him. They believed in standing between man and God, in fact isolating man from God which disempowers man. Once a man is convinced he is imperfect and a sinner, its a very long way up the spiritual ladder to a knowing-type self belief. Man actually needs to be at-one with the divine to achieve the mastery of him/her self and the vision and confidence to become a Perfect Master. With the religious ear bashing of sin and confessions etc not many would feel it even worthwhile to attempt to achieve spiritual perfection.

I read that Christ is the embodiment of a spirit that comes periodically to man and has been Ahura Mazda, Guatama Buddha, Christna and others (None of whom can I spell at this time of night). This character always gives the same message and teachings and is coated with kindness, compassion and an inherent understanding of our human condition. The thing that separates him from us mere mortals is an innate self belief from the inside out - the man who has perfected himself into a Master.

Some of the occult teachings attempt to train people to have the confidence to order or demand what they wish their ritual to achieve, so in fact I suspect the commanding of the 'word' is something man was created to do. Its whether we can perfect ourselves in order to achieve that level of divinity.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

I think you have my understanding lol.

I wish I could have put it that way.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I am guessing you are referencing yourself? I don't really understand where you are going. Can you heal people? What is it that is shown?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

Everytging that I share on here. Trying to make sense of it and put it into words on here.
Lol impossible.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
the message of Jesus is Love and Peace in broader sense.

stories and miracles are a shell, what we need is essence inside a shell.

try to find, it's easy.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join