It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather modification: the official kind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

And as you can see by the third link I put up: it's not very regional either.

According to a realtor.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Well maybe it's just awkward sentence structure on the part of NA Weather Mod or maybe it's a veiled disclaimer. They don't mention tornadoes under aircraft safety concerns. They do mention that seeding will be suspended in the event of tornadoes.

I guess there are good and bad meteorologists - I don't know. Maybe some got A's and some got C's. Is that what you're saying? There's a lot to meteorology and you don't learn it overnight (not even on ATS) but more than that is the connection between atmospheric events. Everything you do to the atmosphere or in the atmosphere has far reaching consequences.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

They do mention that seeding will be suspended in the event of tornadoes.

That just sounds like good sense to me. Big question is how adding a little silver iodide to a cloud even COULD cause a tornado. You understand it's not my assertion that it could so I won't be looking for that mechanism.

I guess there are good and bad meteorologists - I don't know. Maybe some got A's and some got C's. Is that what you're saying?

No that's not at all what I'm saying. It's the gratuitous nature of the assertion. It's like if I said "What's to say tornadoes aren't caused by pistol shrimp?" with no good reason at all to even think it could be true.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Read this carefully:

The Online Tornado FAQ

How does cloud seeding affect tornadoes? Nobody knows, for certain. There is no proof that seeding can or cannot change tornado potential in a thunderstorm. This is because there is no way to know that the things a thunderstorm does after seeding would not have happened anyway. This includes any presence or lack of rain, hail, wind gusts or tornadoes. Because the effects of seeding are impossible to prove or disprove, there is a great deal of controversy in meteorology about whether it works, and if so, under what conditions, and to what extent.

To me, basically, what they are saying is that the location of a potential tornado can be changed and beyond that...too much liability to admit to anything.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

what they are saying is that the location of a potential tornado can be changed

No they aren't. Not even close.
They are saying that there is no way to tell if cloud seeding really has any effect on anything.

edit on 3/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Read this carefully:

Ok, I did, twice. First time very carefully. Second time with reckless abandon. Neither reading uncovered this:

To me, basically, what they are saying is that the location of a potential tornado can be changed and beyond that...too much liability to admit to anything.

That simply can not be inferred from what it said.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

luxordelphi

Read this carefully:

The Online Tornado FAQ

How does cloud seeding affect tornadoes? Nobody knows, for certain. There is no proof that seeding can or cannot change tornado potential in a thunderstorm. This is because there is no way to know that the things a thunderstorm does after seeding would not have happened anyway. This includes any presence or lack of rain, hail, wind gusts or tornadoes. Because the effects of seeding are impossible to prove or disprove, there is a great deal of controversy in meteorology about whether it works, and if so, under what conditions, and to what extent.

No, to me it reads that chemtrails are fantasy and anyone who understands weather and jet engines would agree. But maybe I am reading too much into it.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I see it as a disclaimer. Claim rain and claim the tornado. Better to plead ignorance - 'we don't know anything'.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The Online Tornado FAQ

Why does nobody know how cloud seeding affects tornadoes? Because nobody knows for sure that cloud seeding works.

Why doesn't anybody know for sure whether cloud seeding works? Because of potential liability in the case of floods/tornadoes etc.

There are two factors here. One is liability, hence the disclaimer pleading ignorance. Two is confusion over potential. Not all storms spawn tornadoes. But this is not the potential being discussed although the issue is confused so that one might think that's it. This sentence is indicative:

This includes any presence or lack of rain, hail, wind gusts or tornadoes.

So they're not saying that cloud seeding can't spawn tornadoes; they're saying that they don't know if cloud seeding works.

So if cloud seeding does work (50% of their equation wherein they don't know if it works or not) and the resulting storm spawns a tornado, that tornado happens within a pre-arranged geographical area because that's what cloud seeding efforts are for: rain in a certain area.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Fine, you win. Cloud seeding causes tornadoes. Somehow. And it's really good at it.

As I exit your wheel of logic I leave you with this, from Texas alone

In 2012, the cloud-seeding season lasted 209 days, beginning on March 19 and continuing through October 13. Most (88 percent) of the total of 162 missions occurred from May through September. In all, a total of 353 individual thunderstorms were treated.

www.tdlr.texas.gov...

Ok, maybe it's not so good at it.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Since you feel that you can take the liberty to find the hidden meaning in others words, is it fair if we do that with you?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

network dude

Since you feel that you can take the liberty to find the hidden meaning in others words, is it fair if we do that with you?

Fair but unproductive because there is no hidden meaning in what I type. As far as hidden meaning in the link from NOAA that I put up regarding cloud seeding causing tornadoes: nothing there is hidden, it's all perfectly clear. It's a disclaimer through and through, imo.

In other words: cloud seeding has been perfected. It works on demand. The mistakes being made are in using way way too much of whatever the particle du jour is because, in the atmosphere, a little dab will do you.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Fair but unproductive because there is no hidden meaning in what I type. As far as hidden meaning in the link from NOAA that I put up regarding cloud seeding causing tornadoes: nothing there is hidden, it's all perfectly clear. It's a disclaimer through and through, imo.

Now do you see the problem here?

The problem is your trying to push your opinion as fact while dismissing actual facts.

And what are they disclaiming?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

The problem is your trying to push your opinion as fact while dismissing actual facts.

omg!! I'm giving my opinion on ATS just like everyone else but for me - it's pushing?

Discriminate much, do you?

And I'm supposed to call your opinion 'actual facts'.

That just wrong lol.

This thread is interesting because there were tornadoes along with the cloud seeding. I thought that was interesting. Maybe even concerning. Sorry if you were bored.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

There were tornadoes before cloud seedingtoo.

Opinion that one is related to the other is speculation.
edit on 30-3-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: add link

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

And I'm supposed to call your opinion 'actual facts'.

I am not giving you my opinion, because what I give you is scientific research which you absolutely refuse to understand.

You are the one who pushes your opinions and tries to say they are facts even after being shown you are wrong.

This thread is interesting because there were tornadoes along with the cloud seeding. I thought that was interesting. Maybe even concerning. Sorry if you were bored.

See you are trying to show that the tornadoes were because of cloudseeding, when you haven't shown any proof that the two are related. Except the fact that they are both weather related.

And if I was bored I wouldn't reply back.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

luxordelphi

In other words: cloud seeding has been perfected. It works on demand. The mistakes being made are in using way way too much of whatever the particle du jour is because, in the atmosphere, a little dab will do you.

OR

Cloud seeding cannot be proven to be effective since we never will know if a seeded cloud would have produced the rain without seeding. Which is what was said.

Unless you think it means something different?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join