It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather modification: the official kind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
weather modification flights

Aircraft N37360
FAA data

Weather modification website

And it is raining in California. Sounds good to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Where I live there are multiple flight paths flying over, and we got 20 inches of rain in two days.

Coincedence? yes. Sometimes nature is a beast that can't be replicated by any kind of current technology.

edit on 27-3-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

www.weatherquestions.com...

Cloud seeding.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A relatively small twin-prop aircraft: Cessna 340

Very different from the flying machines that are supposedly geo-engineering our planet.

edit on 27-3-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

gariac
weather modification flights

Aircraft N37360
FAA data

Weather modification website

And it is raining in California. Sounds good to me.

Sorry, I seem to be missing the point as to what you are posting this for?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

You don't define cloud seeding as Geo-Engineering?

Odd.... The world authorities sure do.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I guess I fail to see the issue with applying our scientific understanding and technological advancements to create an ideal atmosphere and weather for our livelihood and wellbeing?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Which world authorities would that be? Not the UN. They specifically exclude cloud seeding as a geoengineering technique.

There is also a range of views concerning the inclusion or exclusion of weather modification technologies, such as cloud seeding, within the definition of geoengineering. Proponents of inclusion argue that the history, intention, institutions, technologies themselves, and impacts are closely related to geoengineering. Nevertheless, unless they can be scaled-up sufficiently to achieve (beneficial) climatic effects at the global level, they are considered out of scope for the current study.36

www.cbd.int...

Cloud seeding is a small scale, localized technique. It does not affect climate. The UN has implemented a "moratorium" on geoengineering. There is no moratorium on cloud seeding.
www.etcgroup.org...

edit on 3/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Cloud seeding is geo-engineering, maybe to thwart semantical smart-asses I should be a little bit more selective in my wording huh?

The term geo-engineering has been hijacked by the chemtrail movement, and to the adherents of that movement geo-engineering is conducted by commercial passenger jets spraying at high altitude, and has zero to do with cloud seeding.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

First link in my signature. Read that and you'll see it's very much talked about, very specifically and in more than one section. They make no bones about it and are in no way vague or uncertain about categorizing. How you define it and how the world authorities working these problems define it, are not the same. I can't help that.

Those to debate about what they do and do not include within the umbrella of Geoengineering can be found in New York City at the United Nations building. That would be the best point of contact for the IPCC in general, I believe. They defined it. I didn't. They set up the collection of methods and techniques to included in the term. I did not. So, I'm relaying what is, at this point in history, accepted as a part of the Geoengineering debate in official conferences of international authorities and government officials.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Read that and you'll see it's very much talked about, very specifically and in more than one section.
Sorry, I can't find anywhere in that link where cloud seeding as is being conducted is referred to as geoengineering.

Now, the idea of cloud whitening by using ocean going vessels to spray sea water into marine stratus clouds has been proposed as an SRM technique. But it is not being done and it has nothing to do with weather modification.

Weather modification, cloud seeding, as a means of affecting precipitation, what this thread is about, is not geoengineering. It is localized. It is small scale. Its aim is not to mitigate climate change. It does not affect climate. By the definition of the UN and by the definition of the IPCC, it is not geoengineering.

Here is what the IPCC says. They are quite specific:

Geoengineering refers to a broad set of methods and technologies that aim to deliberately alter the climate system in order to alleviate the impacts of climate change. Most, but not all, methods seek to either (a) reduce the amount of absorbed solar energy in the climate system (Solar Radiation Management) or (b) increase net carbon sinks from the atmosphere at a scale sufficiently large to alter climate (Carbon Dioxide Removal). Scale and intent are of central importance. Two key characteristics of geoengineering methods of particular concern are that they use or affect the climate system (e.g., atmosphere, land or ocean) globally or regionally and/or could have substantive unintended effects that cross national boundaries. Geoengineering is different from weather modification and ecological engineering, but the boundary can be fuzzy.

This clearly distinguishes geoengineering from, e.g., weather modification or other sorts of environmental engineering which attempt to modify the atmosphere or the land surface on a much smaller scale.
www.ipcc-wg3.de...

So, I'm relaying what is, at this point in history, accepted as a part of the Geoengineering debate in official conferences of international authorities and government officials.
You have relayed no such thing.

Claiming that cloud seeding is a geoengineering technique is a diversion created by the "chemtrail" crowd. Cloud seeding is not geoengineering and it has no relationship to "chemtrails."

edit on 3/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Plus three (3) tornadoes in the Sacramento area. Don't forget those.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

luxordelphi
reply to post by gariac

One was by Discovery Bay. I don't know enough about cloud seeding to comment if they are related.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You and I have been down this path.. We disagree.

I stand by the thread I wrote on this, which included the references to low atmospheric dispersion of particles to both help form clouds and manipulate them. The concepts appeared among many. It also included dispersion of different particulate in the high atmosphere for reflection of sunlight into space as a counter to global warming. Aircraft as a means of doing so were mentioned. Specifically.

It's a lengthy report, and I appreciate you spending the time required to read it all. Those references must have been something you missed, before replying that they hadn't been there.

It's part of the discussion and it was part of the Geoengineering Conference in Peru, which is what my signature link was written around. I spent a great deal of time putting that together, and am quite certain of what it talked about and in what specifics the theories and real world references were covered as well as where supporting references expanded on it from there. Those were officials and representatives from nations around the world as part of the IPCC. It is what it is...

We'll just have to agree to disagree, as before.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

If you can show me where the IPCC (or other "world authorities") equates weather modification (cloud seeding) with geoengineering (especially in light of the quotes above from the Peru meeting), I would agree.

edit on 3/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

gariac

luxordelphi
reply to post by gariac

One was by Discovery Bay. I don't know enough about cloud seeding to comment if they are related.

Maybe. Maybe not. You judge:

North American Weather Modification Council

What safeguards are in place during cloud seeding operations?

Safety measures are typically employed on cloud seeding projects in the U.S. These may include seeding suspensions in the event of specified snowpack thresholds, flooding potential, severe weather such as tornadoes or funnel clouds, and aircraft safety concerns such as severe icing or turbulence.

We Are The Experiment!!!

George Flickinger, former chief meteorologist for KTXS-TV in Abilene, Texas, made the following statement in a newspaper article, “You really can’t predict what you get once you start messing with the weather,” he said. “What’s to say a seeded cloud might not produce an F3 tornado somewhere along its journey and wind up killing a dozen people? Or that a cloud might just stop where it is, dump its rains and cause flash flooding in a given area? Or that someone will say that the seeding efforts wound up stealing the rains they needed? “Who would be responsible?”[14]

Cloud Seeding Water Wars the Cause of Eco-Disasters?

Here is where it gets interesting. Ms. Macmillan theorized: “Due to Colorado’s fires, ashes—acting as cloud seeding agents—filtered up into the atmosphere, drifted northeast toward Wisconsin, and then caused tremendous flooding. Plus, did ash produced by half-million-acre wildfires in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas create record-breaking rainfall and flooding in states along the Mississippi River such as Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and Mississippi? Then, of course, there were hailstorms, 100-day long heatwaves, and a tornado that obliterated Joplin.”

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Interesting opinions from a TV weatherman and a realtor.
Ok.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

What safeguards are in place during cloud seeding operations?

Safety measures are typically employed on cloud seeding projects in the U.S. These may include seeding suspensions in the event of specified snowpack thresholds, flooding potential, severe weather such as tornadoes or funnel clouds, and aircraft safety concerns such as severe icing or turbulence.

Should they be required to tough it out if those conditions arise?

George Flickinger, former chief meteorologist for KTXS-TV in Abilene, Texas, made the following statement in a newspaper article, “You really can’t predict what you get once you start messing with the weather,” he said. “What’s to say a seeded cloud might not produce an F3 tornado somewhere along its journey and wind up killing a dozen people? Or that a cloud might just stop where it is, dump its rains and cause flash flooding in a given area? Or that someone will say that the seeding efforts wound up stealing the rains they needed? “Who would be responsible?”[14]

What's to say the seeding even could cause a tornado? Sounds like wild speculation. If you like that then here's some more, maybe that's part of the reason he's the FORMER chief meteorologist!

edit on 28-3-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: he's not the realtor

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Phage

Interesting opinions from a TV weatherman and a realtor.
Ok.

Cloud seeding is not just for rain. And as you can see by the third link I put up: it's not very regional either. I think it's the more than 2 plates in the air at one time principle.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

ETA: Just saw Phage's comment about him being a realtor also. Selling someone a home is dangerous. What's to say the house won't catch on fire while they're in it?
No. It's Ms. Mcmillian that's the realtor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join