It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNOWICANE: Live meteorologists knocked down by winds from winter hurricane in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Check out this video of incredible force of winds in Atlantic Canada region where Weather Network meteorologists are knocked right out of the camera's view as they are doing a report from the extreme winds. The Weather Network reported that wind records were being broken as fast as they were being made during this storm, a Nor'Easter to hit up in Nova Scotia, Canada. Just a litte more wild and wacky weather...

Live on TV, winds knock down reporters

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

SNOWICANE: Live meteorologists knocked down by winds from winter hurricane in Canada

I'm glad they used live meteorologists... otherwise this story would be really creepy.
edit on 26-3-2014 by madmac5150 because: Al Gore wants to eat your CHILDREN for Easter!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And I thought it was windy as hell here today. Man! LOL Makes it worse with all that snow. Must of been cold as hell!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Their fall looks kind of staged, idk

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wow. That was pretty intense! Great video.

And yes, glad they used Live ones as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Where is that darn global warming when you need it! Terrible conditions; can you imagine being off the coast in a small to mid size fishing or sail boat during those conditions?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
LOL, i totally laughed at Snowicane! Awesome.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Gale force winds do not mean it is a hurricane. Hurricane has a pretty defined definition to the system that it implies.

For instance, down in Las Vegas today, we experienced "hurricane force winds", but that doesn't mean we had a hurricane.

Love the play on words though....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

727Sky

Where is that darn global warming when you need it!

But there are those who say that the Global Warming is causing the next Ice Age.

Color me confused...and a non-believer using logic like that.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

WP4YT
Their fall looks kind of staged, idk

What? (stern face) You don't believe the weather people? Now..You'd better be believing in Santa!

After all... The weather folks never lie, or deceive or just fabricate total B.S. like it's flowing at the tail end of a chili cookoff having an outbreak of food poisoning. Heck no... They are saints and true pillars of the community. Absolute monuments to virtue....

..and yes, as a matter of fact, my little bunny nose is supposed to get longer when I tell such profound truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That video is hilarious!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I watched this broadcast live,and it was not staged. They were out in 170 km winds,that is category 1 hurricane according to the weather network. It is still very bad here in Nova Scotia. Wind blew very hard all night,and right now with every gust which is barely seconds apart,my old farmhouse is shaking and straining to hold itself together. Unless you have been through a hurricane or tornado,you have no idea.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You're absolutely right. I lived on a barrier island and decided not to leave because it was only a Cat1 hurricane coming. Big mistake on my part. The winds lifted the roof and kept slaming it back down for what seemed like hours in this storm. It also had the air handler for the AC unit hanging off the side of the building from the 2nd floor. Next time I'm told to leave, I'll heed the warning, that was just a little too nerve-racking for me.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Recorded winds of 191km/h in the bay of fundy
Thats category 3 hurricane force winds
. Crazy stuff for a winter storm.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

It's been gusting here since late last night. 120+. Storm changed direction and appears to have doubled back. White out conditions again. I heard this morning that Prince Edward Island got hit hardest. 50 cm snow,high winds. Even the snow plows were pulled off the road because it was so bad. Only bridge between them and the mainland closed. Try being shut down and shut off. Wow. This storm is seriously,the worst thing I have experienced.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

well this one look like a hurricane on sat....

weather.gc.ca...
go down the picture press all 68 images and hit play

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

AccessDenied
reply to post by AzureSky

It's been gusting here since late last night. 120+. Storm changed direction and appears to have doubled back. White out conditions again. I heard this morning that Prince Edward Island got hit hardest. 50 cm snow,high winds. Even the snow plows were pulled off the road because it was so bad. Only bridge between them and the mainland closed. Try being shut down and shut off. Wow. This storm is seriously,the worst thing I have experienced.

Stay safe my neighbors to the north, sounds pretty crazy. A hurricane in the summer time seems even rare that far north, yet in the winter time. High strangeness indeed, but climate deniers will continue to turn away as if this stuff is normal.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I will say one thing for that video. I give that reporter a big nod of respect for professionalism, even if integrity is a word she has to hunt for in her pocket style book.

I don't think I could have continued to report without missing a beat and rowing as if two guys hadn't just walked by in hip waders to show my little oar is hitting ground just below the water line.

Ya gotta give her that much....She held it together like nothing had happened. lol....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have to believe her story...."They won't let me go over in the deep because they're afraid I'll float away." I'm sure she probably would have to.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
wow! that is insane! i've never thought about a snowstorm like that (being from texas). i thought that only happened in antarctica.

top topics

join