It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowpiercer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Howdy movie fans! Just wanted to share a sci-fi flick that is a little less known but interesting and unique.
Snowpiercer was a great movie with a good story, cast and setting. I don't want to say too much or post the trailer because I think the movie is better experienced with less expectation.

In a future where a failed global-warming experiment kills off most life on the planet, a class system evolves aboard the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe via a perpetual-motion engine.

I hope some of you dig it

Peace,
spec
edit on 26-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I just watched this last night, really enjoyed it. Casting was great. And your right, it is better to experience it without knowing too much about it. I would recommend you watch The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, as I think you will also enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I really liked it. The concept seems odd when you first hear about it but it turns out to be worth the time once you see how it's played out. I like a movie with clever twists and this had a few. Most of them being in the end when you find out more about Curtis and what was really going on.

For those of you who can't find it that's because It doesn't release in the US until this June but it released in Korean last year. Of course there are other ways of seeing it...or so I hear.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitized

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus eh? Looks good so I will give it a gander, much thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I watched it the night before last. I thought it was really good, and it's nice to see new movies with original stories. Another good one that just came out is Cheap Thrills.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I was reading some comments about the movie and folks were saying Korean movies are really starting to find their place amongst great films. Here is a list with some I might check out.
Old Boy was pretty good.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist

I was reading some comments about the movie and folks were saying Korean movies are really starting to find their place amongst great films. Here is a list with some I might check out.
Old Boy was pretty good.

Oh yea I can tell we have the same taste in movies. Old boy was good. I never have seen the original one but I think Brolin does a good job with the remake.

The director of Snowpiercer, Bong Joon-ho, also did 'The Host'. Have you seen it? Pretty good CGI and the monster is relentless. I don't think he's doing 'The Host 2' a.k.a. 'Gwoemul 2' but it still looks like it'll be good.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I watched this movie a few days ago. I orginally wanted to share it with ATS but I knew it was only a matter of time before someone made a thread about it and here we are. The movie is indeed better experienced without knowing much about it before going into it. It turned out to be a lot better than I expected, one of the best movies I seen this year.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for anyone on ATS to not like this movie. It is truly a masterpiece.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Very cool, looks awesome!! It is nice to find these gems amongst so much predictable crap these days.
I was talking with a friend trying to recommend a sci fi movie I saw in the 90's. It took place in the desert and the guy in a car kept going in a time loop.

Have your read Snowcrash? They are doing a movie on that too. Should be good..

ETA: Oh yea, it was Jim Belushi in Retroactive That was a good movie too, with surprising twists.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for anyone on ATS to not like this movie. It is truly a masterpiece.

Agreed!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!!

For anyone who has seen the movie, I'm wondering about the symbolism of when they slice up the fish and let it bleed before the combat scene. Anyone has an idea?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
douple post deleted
edit on 26-3-2014 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

Yea cutting the fish seemed more symbolic or ritualistic than just simple intimidation. It was a nice compliment to the scene for sure, artistically.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Cool thanks for the post! I'm checking it out meow. I love sci-fi.

And you're right about Korea's film industry. There's one thing I love more then sci-fi and that's horror... and some of the creepiest movies I'v seen were Korean... Asian horror in general is usually good.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I watched Snowpiercer last night and loved it! One of the best post apocalyptic movies I have seen lately, although a bit too violent and bloody at times (for my taste).

To me the train represents our world's social stratification: the rich at the front with all their superfluous habits, and the poor at the back being told to accept their place in society. I also liked the way the ending was completely unexpected and not what you would have guessed at the beginning.

This movie is a masterpiece!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I really enjoyed the battle of the haves and have nots. I was rooting for the underdogs the whole time, thinking like this kind of really parrallels reality, or what if in reality, the divide is much worse than a few doors on a train.

This movie really went under the radar, I wish we could get this out to more people on ATS, it almost seems like
this is a foreign movie, and blacklisted or something idk. is it a foreign movie? limited media attention?

Very memorable Great movie.

top topics

join