It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rage: Teacher Avoids Jail After Sexual Relationship With 11 Year Old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is such nonsense. A 59 year old teacher essentially got off scot-free after having sexual relations with a boy. The inappropriate relationship started when the boy was 11, and continued until he was 13. Apparently only on 4 to 5 occasions. I call BS on that, but whatever, not the real issue.

I'm not one of those "Men's rights advocates" but it seems pretty clear to me that females get away with molesting children at an alarming rate. Almost guarantee that if this had been a man he would be in jail, and rightly so. Yeah, I get the joke that boys want it and are lucky, but I very much disagree. It doesn't matter if it was 'consensual'. The CHILD was not able to consent. Any teacher knows that. Especially one that's almost 60. Yes, I think it makes a difference that the boy wasn't being forced, but that still doesn't make it OK.

18 months of house arrest and then a requirement to comply with a curfew for the rest of the sentence is just utter BS. Oh, and no contact with children except for her grandchildren, because THAT makes sense. I'm all for rehabilitation, but not at the cost of essentially 0 punishment.

Ralph admitted to having sexual contact with the student on four or five occasions between 1998 and 2000, when the boy was between 11 and 13 years old. He was not her student at the time.
The sexual contact included kissing, touching, cuddling and oral sex. There was no sexual intercourse.
According to a psychiatric report, Ralph’s conduct fell into the category of “teacher/lover” and she saw herself as part of a consenting romantic relationship with the boy.

My ass. Seriously this is ridiculous. She was in her late 50's. She KNEW better. If she thought she was in a consenting romantic relationship it makes me have an even harder time buying that she only had inappropriate contact 4 or 5 times. Over 2 years. I'd also like to know how much alone time the two spent together, or how much they communicated outside of school (considering he wasn't her actual student). My guess is not enough communication to believe she was in a relationship. A loving relationship with someone 5x her junior.

Justice Selwyn Romilly said he was satisfied that Ralph does not pose a danger to the community — she has no previous criminal record, there is no evidence she has engaged in similar activity since the offence, her risk of reoffending is negligible and she has expressed genuine remorse.
“She is at a very different point in her life after a great deal of introspection and emotional growth,” Romilly said.

Are you serious? WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF SHE HAS A RISK OF REOFFENDING, SHE ALREADY OFFENDED! No previous criminal record shouldn't play into it either. Neither should her remorse. I'm glad she's had enough emotional growth and time for introspection to realize what she did was wrong. That's great. SHE IS ALMOST 60, if she hadn't figured it out yet she's either crazy as ___ or severely mentally deficient.

Again, I'm all for rehabilitation. I don't think she should be locked up for years upon years. That doesn't excuse the act. It also basically tells anyone else that at the most they will get a slap on the wrist messing around with kids if they can convince some court appointed quack they thought they were in a loving relationship. Don't teachers have to learn about child development?

Oh, I forgot 200 hours of community service. Pffft. Also, if she's not working who is paying for the house arrest?

I'm not an eye for an eye type of person. That being said I believe people deserve harsh punishment for harming a child. Before the defenders of child touching come out of the woodwork (watch, it'll happen) this child was certainly harmed. The poor guy is probably going to have a host of psychological problems. Yeah, he may have enjoyed it at the time, but having to go through the investigation, parents/guardians that are horribly upset and realizing someone you trust and were intimate with id something wrong is going to have a lasting effect.

Link

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
pretty disgusting..

gotta keep in mind, its a ''just system'' not a ''fair system''

agree, a man would have been spat on as he was led to the cell. Females have a pu.. er, va... err... heaven between there legs, therefore they always trump!
edit on 26-3-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm gonna say it, If that was a male teacher, he would have been slammed behind bars. He could try the same excuse but would have been thrown in jail even harder. Its strange how this happens, but I'm sure she will keep her job and do it again and then what will they say?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I see this all too often, and I personally think it speaks directly to the moral character and the 'preferences' of the judge handing down such lenient sentences.
Would love to see what a thorough and independent, private background check on the judge would reveal!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct on all counts. As long as judges have the extreme latitude and subjectivity in sentencing, this is bound to happen. However, I feel some ability to work with a guilty person's future in the hands of a sane judge can be a good thing. In this case, the judge becomes almost as guilty as the perp by not punishing the behavior appropriately.
edit on 12pm03123120143America/Chicago11 by samstone11 because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I get your rant but this part I have always been at odds with.

" The poor guy is probably going to have a host of psychological problems. Yeah, he may have enjoyed it at the time, but having to go through the investigation, parents/guardians that are horribly upset and realizing someone you trust and were intimate with id something wrong is going to have a lasting effect."

I wonder sometimes if the social stigma attached to such events doesn't do most of the harm" I was molested a few time when I grew up in the sixties in England. No one found out and I just let it go like water under the bridge...I moved on unscathed to become a successful adult in a world that has more problems than I ever did. I can't imagine the damage that may have happened to my overall well being mentally if my ordeals had been discovered. Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Danny85
reply to post by Domo1

I'm gonna say it, If that was a male teacher, he would have been slammed behind bars. He could try the same excuse but would have been thrown in jail even harder. Its strange how this happens, but I'm sure she will keep her job and do it again and then what will they say?

I beg to differ. Our community had a judge for many, many years who handed down these type of sentences to a good many male rapists.
I did notice that the only ones who ever did jail time were from the very lowest echelons of society- and their sentence was usually 3 months of jail time, 1 year probation.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I think you make an interesting point. That being said...

I can't imagine the damage that may have happened to my overall well being mentally if my ordeals had been discovered.

Problem is these WERE discovered, and regardless of society and it's impact the woman is 100% to blame in my eyes.

Not everyone deals with this sort of thing well though. I have read other accounts of people that were molested (not violently) and seem to have no lasting trauma. I don't think that makes it OK though. I'm glad you've been able to look past it, makes me happy that you're doing well.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I read the entire post and you stated in the very last couple sentences by proxy....that the state done more harm by dragging this kid through and investigation. Hmm? I can definitely see where you could say that. I do believe that the kid did consent or else nothing could've happened otherwise (if you can't get it up then you can't perform the duty). Whoever says a kid can't consent is an ignorant person. Shall we grab the dictionary and and look up the definition? Heck it even says basically the same thing in a blacks law dictionary.

I am not trying to be a troll nor do I want to be. I am just in a debatable mood and cherry picking stuff to have a conversation on and I am sorry....
Was the point of the OP to rant about the leniency of the crime or that there is no such thing as consent with anyone under 18 or 17 in some districts? I stress that I do not condone nor affiliate with any underage encounters. I am merely pointing out a glaring flaw in reasoning because it's illogical.
As for the sentencing, it is rather "can't believe it's not butter" supremely light... I agree with the OP

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Lucky kid. I know when I was 11 all I wanted to do is hook up with a hot 59 year old. How can this woman live with herself or her community live with her?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
As young as this boy is , he may never have a normal relationship with a woman ...yeah people think guys are different when it comes to this but boys can get just as messed up as girls in situations like this , he was just developing in those ways and she ruined his normal chance at discovering girls, and things of that nature . She robbed him of a normal puberty . She should be locked up as a man would have been , she does not belong on the street she sure as $h!t doesn't deserve to be around her grandkids. At 60 she should know better? No she has known better for over 40 years that it is wrong . She probably has cats older than this boy . True POS she is .

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You can get way further in your understanding of events like this if you curb the reactionary emotionally driven inner response. This crap has been with us for as long as we've had the privilege of residing on this beautiful planet. The problem will never go away by throwing hate at it! It needs to be understood and corrected. No amount of loathing or punishment will make it stop! If this were the case we would long ago have stopped dropping fire on people.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i do not understand why a mature woman would want to have a sexual relationship with an 11 year old boy.....all i can reason is she is a predator and liked the control......and the way the injustice system work she will no doubt be back teaching in a year or two

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
At 15, I was not a popular guy and had very few girls that were interested in me. Imagine my reaction when I found out a 24 year old teacher was interested! She hinted, I skipped the homecoming game and had wine with her at her place while her hubby was out of town. Best. Night. Ever. I know of about 6 different girls in my high school that ACTIVELY sought out a young male coach. It is really not that uncommon....just rarely ever mentioned in a public forum. I am not a psycho as a result of my experience and neither are the girls I know that went after the coach. We feel that WE used THEM to satisfy our curiosity, NOT vice versa.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

tonyb1968
At 15, I was not a popular guy and had very few girls that were interested in me. Imagine my reaction when I found out a 24 year old teacher was interested! She hinted, I skipped the homecoming game and had wine with her at her place while her hubby was out of town. Best. Night. Ever. I know of about 6 different girls in my high school that ACTIVELY sought out a young male coach. It is really not that uncommon....just rarely ever mentioned in a public forum. I am not a psycho as a result of my experience and neither are the girls I know that went after the coach. We feel that WE used THEM to satisfy our curiosity, NOT vice versa.

Do you think there is a difference between 11 and 15 aren't 11 year olds playing poke Mon still and not playing with 60 y/o women ? My son is 15 and is a completely different boy than he was at 11

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

Both are MINORS and, as such, SUPPOSED to be "off limits". In BOTH situations, the activity is considered ILLEGAL. Did I forget to mention that at 11, I was 5'7" and 120lbs and had facial hair as well as hair in "other places"? (currently 6'8" and 245lbs)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah this one confuses the hell out of me as well. If anything, teachers who engage in this type of activity should get a harsher punishment since they are entrusted with the child's well being.

The only thing I can think of other than the judge being an idiot is the time frame it occurred from.

We would need to see the laws that were on the book for that time period. Its entirely possible the judge's hands were tied because of that.

As for who gets harsher sentences, male verse female, I would say men as well. To me its a society thing... I would think guys would be ok with the actions where as a female would not be.

Either way it should never occur.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

minkmouse
You can get way further in your understanding of events like this if you curb the reactionary emotionally driven inner response. This crap has been with us for as long as we've had the privilege of residing on this beautiful planet. The problem will never go away by throwing hate at it! It needs to be understood and corrected. No amount of loathing or punishment will make it stop! If this were the case we would long ago have stopped dropping fire on people.

I thought I was well measured in my response to this news. I'm all for rehabilitation. I'm not out for blood. A number of times I've called the eye for an eye crowd (let the prisoners rape/kill pedophiles) disgusting. We should be better than that.

I don't loathe this woman, and I don't want to exact revenge. I want her to face some harsh consequences for her actions. Blame society all you want for what this boy is going to suffer, at the end of the day she KNEW better. She knew her actions would negatively influence his life. "If I don't get caught it's fine" isn't an excuse.

I'm not throwing hate. I have no doubt that this woman was/is suffering herself.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
For those that think gender matters:
I was molested when I was 10 by an older woman. Even though I thought it was consentual at the time, in retrospect, it ruined me. It distorted my outlook on the world. Throughout my teens and twenties I thought life was just sex drugs and rock n roll. Now I'm in my thirties and still can't trust a woman. It gives the boy a perspective that his mind isn't capable of comprehending. It's not all fun and games; I'm now on my 2nd marriage ( some days I think I'm on my 2nd divoce) and my idea of love is still evolving. Long story short, this boy will have psychological consequences for his teachers actions.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
You know what they say in America......................when in Rome................
Seriously why are any of you surprised? This world has turned into one big vag. Not a John Wayne among us....now we're a nation of p*ssies just so women can have reproductive freedom and equal rights with terms. Thats called having your cake and eating it too.

Men aren't allowed to do that, or are we gonna play the "women have been suppressed by evil males for centuries." card?
No offense, but I believe in all equality. If a women is gonna come like a man, she'll be treated like one. Now thats equality.

Chick shoulda fried for that......oh forgot....its not really serious if its woman abuses man, that man was askin for it dressin all seductive and preteenish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join