It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Russia Free Military Equipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sounds like the Obama Administration has "over-looked" something (maybe, maybe not).

It seems there are provisions in their Fiscal Year 2014 (and the proposed Fiscal Year 2015) "budgets" to supply Russia with some used American military equipment?

Ironic now.

Don't know whats involved or the impact given current events in that part of the world.

Sanctions? Hmmm.

The article here points out some problems.

Behind closed doors the U.S. government is giving Russia free military equipment—also used to train American troops—even after President Obama announced punitive sanctions against Moscow and, more importantly, a suspension in military engagement over the invasion and occupation of Ukraine.

The secret operation was exposed this week by members of Congress that discovered it in the process of reviewing the Fiscal Year 2014 budget and the proposed Fiscal Year 2015 budget request. It turns out that the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) has been providing the Russian Federation with the Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES), the federal legislators say. The U.S. military uses MILES for tactical force-on-force training because it has a system of lasers and dummy ammunition to simulate ground combat.

U.S. Gives Russia Free Military Equipment Used By Army, Marines

Обама-Путин.правительство.ru

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
When i read stuff like this , i can't help but to wonder if it's all this is just,a BIG GAME..

Chess anyone?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
When i read stuff like this , i can't help but to wonder if it's all this is just,a BIG GAME..

Chess anyone?

Myself as well but I would add once big-ass joke, and it's on all of us.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It just occurred to me what the cause of America's decline in mental health is- our leaders are completely insane!
Our water supply will need to be laced with Prosac so we don't all end up in Fema camps- I mean mental hospitals!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's an attempt to groom each other In to better relations and trust

The real game is what you see being played out

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wow. MILES gear is considered military equipment now? It's a more sophisticated laser tag setup.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Zaphod58
Wow. MILES gear is considered military equipment now? It's a more sophisticated laser tag setup.

Classic. We're getting upset over MILES equipment going to Russia. Sounds pretty good, instead of explosions there will only be flashing lights to indicate a kill. Let's hope the US is smart enough not to turn over the "God" key so they can reset their system!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Honestly, all of this is a result of the entire nation getting too big for its britches. I mean, take a look at how many laws congress passes each year. Heck, the ACA (Obamacare) wasn't even read by many congressmen. The system is just too big to control and rather than take a serious look at our state of affairs, it's easier to pass new laws than mend some issue until the next issue comes along.

I propose we repeal one law for every new we enact. It probably won't do much, but at least we won't kill ourselves through lawyers, whom I think are the downfall of the world!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
high tech laser tag which is all that miles gear is, and a far cry from real military equipment.
now if they were getting tanks, apc's trucks and other stuff that wasn't coming back from afghanistan
then i would be worried. besides it probably cost more to dispose of the gear properly than it is worth.
edit on 26-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nothing new here. We gave Sadam Hussein weapons and nerve gas and who knows what else. Then 15 years later we had him hung. I'll never forget the photo op with Rumsfeld shaking Hussein's hand back in the '80's. It was classic.

As they say, "Politics makes strange bedfellows". We just do what's in our own interests at the time. Nations aren't friends, they just tolerate each other to satisfy their own agenda.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

netbound
Nothing new here. We gave Sadam Hussein weapons and nerve gas and who knows what else. Then 15 years later we had him hung. I'll never forget the photo op with Rumsfeld shaking Hussein's hand back in the '80's. It was classic.

As they say, "Politics makes strange bedfellows". We just do what's in our own interests at the time. Nations aren't friends, they just tolerate each other to satisfy their own agenda.

And the ever faithful media weaves it into a story we can all get behind!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
MILES gear works like crap, lol if your training in the bush the laser that comes off the bottom of your rifle if it is impeded by a leaf it never arrives at its target, more then likely a training NCO or instructor is going to walk up to you and just zap you and your dead for anything from not shaving to being belligerent. I didn't think they could give that away, sesm ammunition and blue barrels is far superior, its like a paint bullet behind a 9mm charge and they effin hurt when they hit you anywhere outside your vest I still have scars on my arms and hands from extensive CQC and MOUT training.

new topics

top topics

join