It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatian Constitutional Court Upholds Mandatory Child Vaccination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Yes - deliberately unvaccinated children ALSO contributed.

Thank you.

And so did the failure of vaccination to produce immunization, poor vaccines, immune-deficiencies, people unable to be vaccinated, and vaccinated individuals still contracting the infection despite immunization . . . .

GO READ THE STUDY > > > > >

Wow, you sure do ignore all the other drivers of the outbreak . . . LOL wow!

-FBB

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Measles Outbreak in a Highly Vaccinated Population, San Diego, 2008: Role of the Intentionally Undervaccinated

In January 2008, an intentionally unvaccinated 7-year-old boy who was unknowingly infected with measles returned from Switzerland, resulting in the largest outbreak in San Diego, California, since 1991. We investigated the outbreak with the objective of understanding the effect of intentional undervaccination on measles transmission and its potential threat to measles elimination.

METHODS: We mapped vaccination-refusal rates according to school and school district, analyzed measles-transmission patterns, used discussion groups and network surveys to examine beliefs of parents who decline vaccination, and evaluated containment costs.

Measles outbreak tied to Texas megachurch sickens 21

An outbreak of measles tied to a Texas megachurch where ministers have questioned vaccination has sickened at least 21 people, including a 4-month-old infant -- and it’s expected to grow, state and federal health officials said.

“There’s likely a lot more susceptible people,” said Dr. Jane Seward, the deputy director for the viral diseases division at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Sixteen people -- nine children and seven adults -- ranging in age from 4 months to 44 years had come down with the highly contagious virus in Tarrant County, Texas, as of Monday. Another five cases are part of the outbreak in nearby Denton County.

All of the cases are linked to the Eagle Mountain International Church in Newark, Texas, where a visitor who’d traveled to Indonesia became infected with measles – and then returned to the U.S., spreading it to the largely unvaccinated church community, said Russell Jones, the Texas state epidemiologist.

“We have a pocket of people that weren’t immunized,” said Jones, noting that vaccination rates typically hover above the 98 percent range in his county.

Infections spread to the congregation, the staff and a day care center at Eagle Mountain International.

CDC

Each year about 60 people in the United States are reported to have measles. But in 2013, 189 people have been reported to have the disease. This represents the second largest number of cases in the U.S. since measles was eliminated in 2000. About 28% of these people got measles in other countries. They brought the disease to the United States and spread it to others. This caused 11 measles outbreaks in various U.S. communities, including the largest U.S. measles outbreak since 1996 (58 cases).

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I didn't ignore the other drivers - I was speaking to the topic, which is how lack of vaccination makes allows outbreaks of disease.

there are certainly other possibilities that also allow it - if you want to discuss them then by all means open a thread.

In the mean time, vaccination in India STILL has all-but wiped out Polio there, and non-vaccination of people in the USA is STILL a major contributing factor to the resurgence of vaccine-preventable disease.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

I didn't ignore the other drivers - I was speaking to the topic, which is how lack of vaccination makes allows outbreaks of disease.

there are certainly other possibilities that also allow it - if you want to discuss them then by all means open a thread.

In the mean time, vaccination in India STILL has all-but wiped out Polio there, and non-vaccination of people in the USA is STILL a major contributing factor to the resurgence of vaccine-preventable disease.

Comon Bra . . . you are back on the polio in India case? I linked you to all the studies last time showing the wild polio was not eradicated and was still present in the wild in addition to the modified vector from the drops . . . . You switch between definitions willy nilly. Are you eliminating polio or polio related symptoms?

A fully vaccinated populace also allows outbreaks of disease . . . . they are not 100% effective and the virus/bacteria are still present naturally in the environment.

I thought this thread was about Croatia mandating vaccines?

You know as soon as medical science starts realizing replacement parts and stasis (immediate future) that vaccination schedules will immediately become obsolete stone age medical treatments in favor the 100% immunity offered by natural means.

Will you still be pounding the gavel condemning others for not getting vaccinated when your vaccination is supposed to protect you?

-FBB

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

3 years without a polio case in India - wild or otherwise.

So you are talking about infections from wild polio virus and not the OPV infections, got it.

If you go back to your thread on this topic you will find that the actual virus still exists in the wild . . . .

But it is clear you either don't understand what I am saying or are choosing to ignore it and repeat the same rhetoric over and over.

And what does this have to do with Croatia's mandatory vaccination policy?

-FBB
edit on 27-3-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The World Health Organisation (WHO)'s south-east Asia regional ceritification commission for polio eradication officially declared the region polio free on Thursday, three years after the last case of wild polio virus was reported from India.

Advertisement
In the certification event, held at WHO-SER office in New Delhi, certificates were handed over to chairpersons of national certification committes for polio erdiction and health ministers of member states of the region.

"The committee concluded that the wild polio virus transmission has been interrupted in the SEA region and it officially declared it free from wild polio virus," stated Dr Supamit Chunsuttiwat, committee representative.

Dr Poonal Khetrapal Singh, WHO-SER regional director, while appreciating the efforts of the 11 countries of this region, said, "The polio threat is not over truly until the wild polio virus is eradicated globally. We have to keep the momentum going."

On February 24, 2012, WHO had removed India from the list of countries with active endemic wild polio virus transmission as the last polio case in the country was reported from Howrah district of West Bengal on January 13, 2011.

Calling it an incredible public health feat, union health minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said, "In 2009, when I took over as the health minister of India, the country accounted for maximum polio cases in the world. In less than two years we amazed the whole world by bringing the number to zero and have managed to sustain it for more than three years."

A country is declared polio-free if no case is reported for three consecutive years, and a region is declared polio-free after none of the countries under it has reported a case.

Just two decades ago, the disease used to cripple more than 50,000 children in the country every year.
In 2009, India had half the number of polio cases in the world. By 2011, in less than two years, India brought polio infections to zero level.

However, experts have pointed out that despite India's victory over polio, the threat of re-infection loomed large because of cases still being reported from its neighbouring countries.

Of the 37 polio cases reported in 2014, 29 were in Pakistan and three in Afghanistan.

With effect from March 1, India has made polio vaccination mandatory for people traveling to or coming from seven polio-endemic countries including Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria. Polio drops have to be taken four weeks before travel.

Also, countries are preparing for introduction of inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) in routine immunisation as part of the eventual phasing out of oral polio vaccines (OPV).

More than 120 countries currently use only OPV. These countries will introduce a dose of IPV by the end of 2015 as part of their commitment to the global polio endgame plan which aims to ensure a polio-free world by 2018.

Hindustan News

Oral polio vaccine (OPV)

OPV consists of a mixture of live attenuated poliovirus strains of each of the three serotypes, selected by their ability to mimic the immune response following infection with wild polioviruses, but with a significantly reduced incidence of spreading to the central nervous system................................ In very rare cases, the administration of OPV results in vaccine-associated paralysis associated with a reversion of the vaccine strains to the more neurovirulent profile of wild poliovirus. In a few instances, such vaccine strains have become both neurovirulent and transmissible and have resulted in infectious poliomyelitis.WHO

edit on 27-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

D377MC
reply to post by Leonidas

Personally, I did not come to the "to Vaccinate or not to Vaccinate" debate with a dog in fight. I wanted to know what was the right thing to do? I didn't "Pick a side" and then looked for evidence to support that choice.

Absolutely. As evidenced by your very first post...

It is thinking like that that puts other people at risk.

It is fine for one nutty non-vaccination nut to avoid it and have safe children because that child is surrounded by other kids that wont get the measles, mumps, rubella, etc. etc. etc. That was fine when there were only a few of the nutters out there...now with so many people afraid of science, that "cocoon" of health is breaking down and risking the population.

Beyond the personal right to be ignorant of science and reality, it is irresponsible to your family and your community when you buy into the junk-science, non-science of the anti-vaccine fear-mongers.

Deny Ignorance!

Sigh..... [yawn]
edit on 27-3-2014 by D377MC because: spelling, punctuation

I did the research before that first post. But I suspect you know that.

What I discovered during the research that determined my stance on the issue was that the science on the anti-vaccine side of the issue was willfully ignoring solid data and making declarative statements not supported even by their own research. That many of the doctors who sided with them were not experts in this field, but came from totally unrelated areas of practice.

The anti-vaccine group came to the research with a premise that they wanted to prove, precisely the sort of thing I was trying to avoid myself.

What is your explanation for how diseases like Polio, for example, that were eliminated in the United States by 1979 after widespread vaccination efforts? Do you not believe that? or do you think it is true but that the consequences are worse than Polio?

Please answer.

And Smallpox. Smallpox eradication was accomplished with a combination of focused surveillance and vaccination. By quickly identifying new smallpox cases, and ring vaccination. “Ring vaccination” meant that anyone who could have been exposed to a smallpox patient was tracked down and vaccinated as quickly as possible, effectively corralling the disease and preventing its further spread.

The last case of wild smallpox occurred in 1977.

Do you not believed that has happened?

Was the eradication done by other means?

Again, please answer.

The anti-vaccine crusade is predominately American phenomenon and can be traced to very specific anecdotes widely reported in America. Anecdotes primarily from non-medically trained celebrities with "Gut" feelings about what caused illness in family members.

It is not a coincidence, I think, that distrust of government is very high in America and that makes it easy to discount hard science tied to government funded research on the subject.

People are being led astray and diseases put in the closet are coming out again in the developed world because a significant percentage of the population refuses to vaccinate their children in a misguided attempt to protect them.

I am genuinely interested in honest answers. Thank you.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Leonidas because: because, because of the wonderful things he does...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well in regards to the totally off topic Oral Polio Vaccination scheme of India, it really does not compare to the inactivated polio required by Croatia. OPV is like a ticking time bomb according to the WHO doctors.

The MMR and 5in1 vaccination is really aggressive, really aggressive when single injections are more effective and have reduced side effects. Measles really is not as devastating as people have been trumping it up to be, my mom, dad, aunts and uncles have all had it and now are fully immunized for life thus increasing the worshipful herd immunity. Everyone seems to forget that all these outbreaks result in greater herd immunity . . . . actually studies have been showing some interesting results in regards to the effectiveness of the immune system to those who are most often exposed, but what does data or scientific evidence mean in this thread with people making things up left and right?

I wonder what corporations are providing these vaccines and what actual cocktails they are being given. They must be looking to cash in on some huge paychecks here. Sure hope it isn't chancellor Mirko's brother-in-law's pharma company that just opened yesterday who is going to be distributing these, let alone manufacturing. Who knows?

At least mandatory influenza vaccination is not on the list as even Dr.'s at the WHO have admitted they are pointless profit machines.

This will provide data for future generations on the effects of such aggressive vaccination campaigns on the chattel.

Oh wait what am I doing actually referencing what is actually being mandated by the courts? This thread is all about claiming to have done the research and calling others "nutty non-vaccination nut"s and posting links to non scientific hit pieces from the council on foreign relations . . .

-FBB

EDIT
Forgot to add, BE AFRAID EVERY WAKING MOMENT THAT YOU WILL CONTRACT A RARE DISEASE AND BECOME DISFIGURED OR DIE . . . BE VERY AFRAID, DON'T LET A MOMENT PASS THAT YOU ARE NOT REMINDED THERE ARE VIRUSES AND BACTERIA ALL AROUND THAT CAN GET YOU.
edit on 28-3-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Without your agreement, your consent, anyone who breaks your child's skin with a sharp object is committing assault.

I sense this whole thread was created to see who is who.

I love my user name

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

At least mandatory influenza vaccination is not on the list as even Dr.'s at the WHO have admitted they are pointless profit machines.

????

Global Action Plan for Influenza Vaccines (GAP) is a comprehensive strategy to reduce the present global shortage of influenza vaccines for seasonal epidemics and pandemic influenza in all countries of the world through three major approaches:
- Increase in seasonal vaccine use
- Increase in vaccine production capacity
- Research and development

GAP was launched in 2006 and further refined in 2011.WHO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About GAP

Global Action Plan for Influenza Vaccines (GAP) is a comprehensive strategy to reduce the present global shortage of influenza vaccines for seasonal epidemics and pandemic influenza in all countries of the world through three major approaches:

OBJECTIVE 1. Increase in seasonal vaccine use
OBJECTIVE 2. Increase in vaccine production capacity
OBJECTIVE 3. Research and development
GAP I

The plan was developed by WHO together with public health, academic experts, vaccine manufactures and funding agencies from developed and developing countries during a consultation held in 2006 in Geneva.WHO

WHO update

WHO is revising its guidance for countries on how to prepare for a future influenza pandemic but, as Michael Dumiak reports, the challenges are great

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Please, you have been in enough of the vaccine threads to know exactly who is being referenced, your feigned ignorance is hardly amusing.

www.consumerreports.org...

This year’s flu vaccine is only about 60 percent effective overall, according to the latest research by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, don’t let the effectiveness rate dissuade you. The flu virus is still circulating widely (see map above), and it’s predominantly H1N1, the same potentially deadly bug that caused a worldwide pandemic in 2009.

. . .

Public-health officials hope next season’s flu vaccine will work better. A Food and Drug Administration advisory committee will decide this week which flu strains to include in it. CDC officials said they highly recommend people get vaccinated against influenza every single year, even if the formulation remains the same. Like any vaccine, the duration of protection can wear off, just as the shots you got as a child for diseases such as tetanus and diphtheria don’t last a lifetime.

Diabetes, asthma, and obesity are cited as the driving factors of weakened immune response resulting in health complications from those who do contract one of the many many strains. It shows weak correlation that hardly fits 'significance' in regards to vaccinated vs. unvaccinated.

I have noticed that you have not been making posts in relation to Croatia's actions and are merely posting hit pieces from the Council on Foreign Relations, do you have an opinion on the topic of the OP or are you here to spam?

Do you know any of the corporations involved in the vaccination program Croatia is adopting? Do you know any of the actual cocktails being used?

-FBB

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoliAt least mandatory influenza vaccination is not on the list as even Dr.'s at the WHO have admitted they are pointless profit machines.

A review of the WHO website, it's position papers on the influenza vaccine and anything I could find contradicts your above statement. Could you provide a link on WHO doctors that have expressed the above opinion? Or the WHO itself?

I agree that some seasons, the vaccine was designed for the wrong particular strain that is making the rounds. My doctor makes recommendations per season, based on that information.

Any facts you could provide on that point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Leonidas

FriedBabelBroccoliAt least mandatory influenza vaccination is not on the list as even Dr.'s at the WHO have admitted they are pointless profit machines.

A review of the WHO website, it's position papers on the influenza vaccine and anything I could find contradicts your above statement. Could you provide a link on WHO doctors that have expressed the above opinion? Or the WHO itself?

I agree that some seasons, the vaccine was designed for the wrong particular strain that is making the rounds. My doctor makes recommendations per season, based on that information.

Thanks.

This is absolutely hilarious coming from you . . . .

There is this tool on the internet called a search engine.
You can search for the topic of effectiveness of influenza vaccine for the last several years. The WHO and CDC both provide data on it and even PR sites like Slate run articles concerning the matter, of course taking every opportunity to compare it to nuclear bombs and polio.

Find your own links guy

-FBB
edit on 28-3-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Leonidas

Thanks.

I did the search. Twice. My question stands because what you claim is there, isn't. The opposite in fact.

Were you speculating based on a story you heard, or did you do the research?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli

There is this tool on the internet called a search engine.

I can't find anything that sources your claim that WHO doctors have admitted that the flu vaccines are pointless profit machines. Obviously it may exist, but most of what I've seen refers to the various vaccines' effectiveness rates. These aren't consistently high, but neither do the doctors appear to be saying what you claim that are saying.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Please, you have been in enough of the vaccine threads to know exactly who is being referenced, your feigned ignorance is hardly amusing.

Using search engines I could find nothing that backs your claim of.

Diabetes, asthma, and obesity are cited as the driving factors of weakened immune response resulting in health complications from those who do contract one of the many many strains.

Those people are in a higher risk group along with children, the elderly, and health care workers.

The influenza vaccine is recommended by the World Health Organization and United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for high-risk groups, such as children, the elderly, health care workers, and people who have chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, or are immuno-compromised among others. In healthy adults it is modestly effective in decreasing the amount of influenza-like symptoms in a population. Evidence is supportive of a decreased rate of influenza in children over the age of two. In those with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease vaccination reduces exacerbations, it is not clear if it reduces asthma exacerbations. Evidence supports a lower rate of influenza-like illness in many groups who are immunocompromised such as those with: HIV/AIDS, cancer, and post organ transplant. In those at high risk immunization may reduce the risk of heart disease. Whether immunizing health care workers effects patient outcomes is controversial with some reviews finding insufficient evidence and others finding tentative evidence.link

I have noticed that you have not been making posts in relation to Croatia's actions and are merely posting hit pieces from the Council on Foreign Relations, do you have an opinion on the topic of the OP or are you here to spam?

When I read something that sounds like it isn't truthful I look it up then post my findings. I am still waiting to read a solid argument from someone against what Croatia is doing. So far I have not read one.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you look at the effectiveness rates of the influenza vaccine over the last several years you will see that it is literally no better at providing protection then a coin toss. The WHO confirms this, if you cross check employment history of doctors who currently work in the USA for the CDC you will find several admitting that the influenza vaccine is essentially pointless (ineffective) as regardless of vaccination rates influenza and potentially flu-related deaths range from 3,000 to 50,000.

CDC: Flu vaccine only provided 9 percent protection for seniors against worst strain
www.cbsnews.com...

he new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found the vaccine offered 58 percent protection against the most common and dangerous H3N2 strain for children ages 6 months to 17 years old, 46 percent protection for adults ages 18 to 49, and 50 percent protection for adults 60 to 64 years of age.

The doctors linked to in this article do not work for the WHO, but if you start checking for the rates by year and look up the doctor's pedigree it is a very simple task.

If the vaccine is less effective then a coin toss in general then you want to question the motives behind such marketing campaigns. I have already linked to the doctor and marketing firms admitting that they are focusing on peer pressure rather then education to achieve vaccination rates.

So enjoy your hunt you nutty anti-research nuts, maybe you will learn a thing or two.

-FBB

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
PERSPECTIVE

According to Schaffner, studies have showed the flu vaccine to be about 40 percent effective overall in the elderly. He expressed optimism to CBSNews.com in January because the H3N2 influenza A strain the committee selected prior to the start of the flu season was a "bull's-eye hit" for the strain causing most of the illnesses this year. That remains true, he said Thursday, which is why today's findings in seniors were so puzzling.

As dismal as the numbers looked, he said, there needs to be perspective. The vaccine was still 27 percent effective overall for seniors over 65 years. For that age group, there aren't other preventive disease-fighting approaches as effective, he said. He also added that the better protection rates reported in children and adults under 65 suggest people in those age groups were less likely to give influenza to older people.

"You have to add in all the benefits before you give the influenza vaccine a thumbs down," said Schaffner.

Flu surveillance reports released by the CDC in recent months have shown adults 65 and older account for more than half of the Americans who have been hospitalized because of the flu.

27% > 0%

as even Dr.'s at the WHO have admitted they are pointless profit machines.

So the above statement that was made was not factual?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join