It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatian Constitutional Court Upholds Mandatory Child Vaccination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

In the words of the courts and Google Translate: The child's right to health is more than the rights of parents to the (wrong) choice.

Croatia's vaccine mandate has been to the great benefit of the country's public health:

No occurrences of diphtheria, whooping cough (pertussis), measles, parotitis and poliomyelitis often called polio or infantile paralysis have been registered in recent years, while tetanus rates have been reduced by 97%, tuberculosis by 93% and hepatitis B, with mandatory vaccination against this disease introduced in 1999, by 65%.

No measles? You're beating America.

Croatian Constitutional Court Upholds Mandatory Child Vaccination

well that's good news for children, if not for ignorance.

An article in Croatian can be seen at www.vecernji.hr...

I note also that this decision is apparently due to a petition by people who claim that vaccination is a threat to health -an argument smashed by the court's words in no uncertain terms.

Indeed I hope that the next decision on this from them will be that insisting on not vaccinating amounts to child abuse!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Let me check...you are joking and the predominant form of wit is sarcasm?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The child's right to health is more than the rights of parents to the (wrong) choice.

Awesome. The anti-vaxxers are just as bad as religious fundamentalists that won't take their kid to the doctor when ill.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

No idea where you got that impression from - I'm deadly serious - deadly as in lack of vaccination kills people!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm afraid I believe the exact opposite, but hey, feel free to shoot yourself up with formaldehyde, thimerosol and squalene.

Personally I don't do the stuff, but I'm very tolerant of other people doing whatever the hell they want with their own health.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

Given that those are either pretty much no longer present, or, in the case of squalene, is naturally produced by your own body, then congratulations on not injecting yourself with stuff that isn't there, or which you have anyway!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

'Pretty much no longer present' sounds extremely reassuring.

Actually, multi-dose vaccines still contain squalene, by the FDA's own admission. Not that it matters really, because as I said, I don't use the stuff. Truth be told, I never get sick either.

Of course, I'm not suggesting cause and effect here....

Enjoy your thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Soon coming to a city near you.
I am anti vaccine and are healthier now then ever.
Stuff like this is why i will never put a kid on this earth. Because the government is gonna decide what kinda poison to shoot up his/her vains and the parents can't do ish about it. Sick world we living in sick sick world.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

D377MC

'Pretty much no longer present' sounds extremely reassuring.

Actually, multi-dose vaccines still contain squalene,

which I did not include in the "not present" statement.

by the FDA's own admission. Not that it matters really, because as I said, I don't use the stuff. Truth be told, I never get sick either.

Of course, I'm not suggesting cause and effect here....

well perhaps people should be vaccinated with you....

Enjoy your thread.

thank you - I shall.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

D377MC

I'm afraid I believe the exact opposite, but hey, feel free to shoot yourself up with formaldehyde, thimerosol and squalene.

Personally I don't do the stuff, but I'm very tolerant of other people doing whatever the hell they want with their own health.

It is thinking like that that puts other people at risk.

It is fine for one nutty non-vaccination nut to avoid it and have safe children because that child is surrounded by other kids that wont get the measles, mumps, rubella, etc. etc. etc. That was fine when there were only a few of the nutters out there...now with so many people afraid of science, that "cocoon" of health is breaking down and risking the population.

Beyond the personal right to be ignorant of science and reality, it is irresponsible to your family and your community when you buy into the junk-science, non-science of the anti-vaccine fear-mongers.

Deny Ignorance!
edit on 26-3-2014 by Leonidas because: Can't spell.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Annunak1
Soon coming to a city near you.
I am anti vaccine and are healthier now then ever.
Stuff like this is why i will never put a kid on this earth. Because the government is gonna decide what kinda poison to shoot up his/her vains and the parents can't do ish about it. Sick world we living in sick sick world.

You are healthy in large part because you are surrounded by a healthy population.

Were you to live in town full of smallpox, measles and polio your health would likely be much different.

The success of vaccinations in the 20th Century has ironically been one of it's biggest problems: People don't see polio or smallpox or measles out there, so why vaccinate? Who needs it? Must be a plot....

Sigh...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There isn't a evil plot to vaccinate our children with things that will kill them.

I believe in vaccinating our children and technis(sp?) shots and all that good stuff, but I draw the line at taking medicine for every little cold or flu or headache.

I only take medicine when I absolutely have too.

There is a TON of evidence supporting the facts that vaccinations stop the spread of diseases, and the recent thought that vaccinations harm children have lead to parents having to be worried about their child getting diseases that were almost eradicated just a few years ago. As it has been mentioned.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by D377MC

Given that those are either pretty much no longer present, or, in the case of squalene, is naturally produced by your own body, then congratulations on not injecting yourself with stuff that isn't there, or which you have anyway!

Hydrochloric acid is also produced by your body, but you don't go injecting yourself with it . . .

Your comment has retarded your intent, perhaps you should provide better examples?

-FBB

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Leonidas

D377MC

It is thinking like that that puts other people at risk.

It is fine for one nutty non-vaccination nut to avoid it and have safe children because that child is surrounded by other kids that wont get the measles, mumps, rubella, etc. etc. etc. That was fine when there were only a few of the nutters out there...now with so many people afraid of science, that "cocoon" of health is breaking down and risking the population.

Beyond the personal right to be ignorant of science and reality, it is irresponsible to your family and your community when you buy into the junk-science, non-science of the anti-vaccine fear-mongers.

Deny Ignorance!
edit on 26-3-2014 by Leonidas because: Can't spell.

Vaccination rates are higher than they have ever been . . . EVER.

Your argument is pure unadulterated BS.

-FBB
edit on 26-3-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
With respect, perhaps don't just read articles and research that already support your particular point of view.

I always do my best to find the best research material available both for - and against - what my perspective or feelings are on any given contentious issue.

To often people buy a book that supports what they already believed and then use that as vindication for their opinion, regardless of equal or better research to the contrary.

There is a great deal of evidence, research and documentation that has shown the consequences non-vaccinated children in schools and sporting leagues in North America and Europe.

Personally, I did not come to the "to Vaccinate or not to Vaccinate" debate with a dog in fight. I wanted to know what was the right thing to do? I didn't "Pick a side" and then looked for evidence to support that choice.

I, like most people, let the evidence and the science lead me. Not opinion, not the media, not celebrities and not anecdotal evidence.

It is easier to call "Bull#", but it doesn't really add to the discussion.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

For most of us, measles and whooping cough are diseases of the past. You get a few shots as a kid and then hardly think about them again.

But that's not the case in all parts of the world — not even parts of the U.S.

As an interactive map from the Council on Foreign Relations illustrates, several diseases that are easily prevented with vaccines have made a comeback in the past few years. Their resurgence coincides with changes in perceptions about vaccine safety.

Luke Tanner, 7, gets vaccinated for measles at a clinic near Swansea, Wales, in April. Wales is at the center of a measles outbreak that has been linked to one death.
Shots - Health News
Fifteen Years After A Vaccine Scare, A Measles Epidemic
A student gets vaccinated against pertussis at a Los Angeles middle school in 2012. The state required that students be immunized to halt an epidemic of whooping cough.
Shots - Health News
Vaccine Refusals Fueled California's Whooping Cough Epidemic
Since 2008 folks at the think tank CFR have been plotting all the cases of measles, mumps, rubella, polio and whooping cough around the world. Each circle on the map represents a local outbreak of a particular disease, while the size of the circle indicates the number of people infected in the outbreak.

As you flip through the various maps over the years, two trends clearly emerge: Measles has surged back in Europe, while whooping cough is has become a problem here in the U.S.

Childhood immunization rates plummeted in parts of Europe and the U.K. after a 1998 study falsely claimed that the vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella was linked to autism.

That study has since been found to be fraudulent. But fears about vaccine safety have stuck around in Europe and here in the U.S.

Viruses and bacteria have taken full advantage of the immunization gaps.

In 2011, France reported a massive measles outbreak with nearly 15,000 cases. Only the Democratic Republic of Congo, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and Somalia suffered larger measles outbreaks that year.

In 2012, the U.K. reported more than 2,000 measles cases, the largest number since 1994.

Here in the U.S., the prevalence of whooping cough shot up in 2012 to nearly 50,000 cases. Last year cases declined to about 24,000 — which is still more than tenfold the number reported back in the early '80s when the bacteria infected less than 2,000 people.

So what about countries in Africa? Why are there so many big, colorful circles dotting the continent? For many parents there, the problem is getting access to vaccines, not fears of it.

link

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Leonidas
With respect, perhaps don't just read articles and research that already support your particular point of view.
. . .

This was your contribution . . . .

You site no evidence, you merely fear monger.

Here are some actual facts to read up on then . . . A simple search would yield mounds of information that you can use to support your theory about the increasing number of un-vaccinated threatening your health.
www.cdc.gov...

Vaccination Coverage in the U.S.

Vaccination coverage - that is, estimates of the number of people who have received particular vaccines - is measured at national, state, and local levels.

Don't forget that the vaccination is supposed to be protecting these individuals from what you fear (ie: pathogens).

Simply put your unsupported claim is in fact unadulterated BS.

-FBB

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli

Leonidas
. . .

This was your contribution . . . .

You site no evidence, you merely fear monger.

Here are some actual facts to read up on then . . . A simple search would yield mounds of information that you can use to support your theory about the increasing number of un-vaccinated threatening your health.
www.cdc.gov...

Vaccination Coverage in the U.S.

Vaccination coverage - that is, estimates of the number of people who have received particular vaccines - is measured at national, state, and local levels.

Don't forget that the vaccination is supposed to be protecting these individuals from what you fear (ie: pathogens).

Simply put your unsupported claim is in fact unadulterated BS.

-FBB

I didn't provide you with any links or citations because you are not interested in anything from me as evidenced by your attack and attitude. There are a number of links to research already in this thread that you didn't read or believe. More are available via a simple internet search that you can trust because it is you doing it.

What I DID do is invite you to do your OWN research on both sides of this issue, not just the one you support. You clearly aren't going to believe anything I post. Attacking the person and not the argument may be satisfying, but it just lowers the quality of the discussion.

I invite you again to research both sides of the issue. Information that is widely available and unambiguous in it's conclusions.

(post by FriedBabelBroccoli removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
For now, I will let the science speak for itself.

Understanding why you think decorum, decency and polite discourse is not appropriate for you is a mystery. Perhaps the angry, Constant attacks work for you, in your opinion. But if people choose to stop talking with you it is not because they think you have Knowledge that "won" an argument with "the last word", it is because the caustic and aggressive manner in which you choose to Unabashedly display yourself is often offensive and drives people away. Take care and have a wonderful day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join