It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six people in 10 are Unaware of the Obama.Care Sign-up Deadline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

The Obama administration has been anything other than forthcoming about the numbers they're reporting. I suspect I'm counted in among their figures as I am not a required participant (retired military). There's only one number I'm really interested in hearing: how many people have paid.

I am in full agreement with what you say ... except it might be worse for reason of the other thing you said: Obama's dream is a management nightmare. The way they're playing this off at the White House leads me to believe this was their intent all along.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I wanted to create a topic for it, but decided to add it in an OBAMA topic instead (not worth a whole topic for it)...

Its the most embarasing thing to watch... Normally after a speach, people clapping their hands, cheering... look the video!

its fresh video
edit on 27-3-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It is my understanding the 2014 tax penalty is small, like hundreds of dollars. It goes up to near $1500 for 2015.
Is this correct-ish?

Considering coverage will cost me near or over $2400 a year, I will take the penalty until it out weighs the cost of insurance. Then I will of course have to submit to my government and buy something I don't want.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

kmb08753
It is my understanding the 2014 tax penalty is small, like hundreds of dollars. It goes up to near $1500 for 2015.
Is this correct-ish?

Considering coverage will cost me near or over $2400 a year, I will take the penalty until it out weighs the cost of insurance. Then I will of course have to submit to my government and buy something I don't want.

it's called "individual shared responsibility payment".

The fee in 2014 and beyond

The penalty in 2014 is calculated one of 2 ways. You’ll pay whichever of these amounts is higher:

1% of your yearly household income. (Only the amount of income above the tax filing threshold, $10,150 for an individual, is used to calculate the penalty.) The maximum penalty is the national average yearly premium for a bronze plan.

$95 per person for the year ($47.50 per child under 18). The maximum penalty per family using this method is $285.

The way the penalty is calculated, a single adult with household income below $19,650 would pay the $95 flat rate. A single adult with household income above $19,650 would pay an amount based on the 1 percent rate. (If income is below $10,150, no penalty is owed.)

The penalty increases every year. In 2015 it’s 2% of income or $325 per person. In 2016 and later years it’s 2.5% of income or $695 per person. After that it's adjusted for inflation.

If you’re uninsured for just part of the year, 1/12 of the yearly penalty applies to each month you’re uninsured. If you’re uninsured for less than 3 months, you don’t have to make a payment.

right from the horse's mouth...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thank you. So it looks like I won't be getting insurance any time soon.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What I don't understand is why the government didn't send mailers. "They" send them for the census and if not returned you'll get visitors.

People should not have to wait another year and be penalized if they were unaware of the deadline. Not everyone has access to TV, radio internet etc...

I'm still waiting for them to "contact" me for the app I submitted 3/10/14. This whole thing is a mess!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join