It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimea besieged by Ukraine control of power, water

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
International Divorce Court is now in session...
The plaintiff claims years of emotional abuse, neglect, and online cheating on the global "swinger" meet and greet website: "EU.com". They are asking for custody of the children and spousal support in the form of energy and water.
The defendant claims the plaintiff committed emotional infidelity with a former lover, Russia (which both parties admit to once being polygamous with), as well as general frigidity but is asking the court to reject the divorce, citing ancient ecclesiastical concept of marriage involving "spiritual oneness" and advocating that the plaintiff "was consolodated within the defendant" in the course of the marriage and, thus, forfeited their right to individual existance.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

kathat

Xcathdra

kathat
Crimea will get all the energy they need and more soon enough.

Ukraine however, well, last I heard they wanted to use those nuke plants for some other kind of power supply.

They wanted increased security around them in order to better protect against a possible attack on them should Russia continue with military action further into Ukraine.

As for nuclear weapons - Are the Ukraine plants of the type that can produce the needed material for a nuke?

Most likely since they where one of the largest stockpilers.

The Budapest agreement was specific to that area. That treaty saw the removal of all nukes left over by the Soviet Union in addition to the processed fissile material to build a wmd. From what I have seen researching this was Ukraine complied fully with that agreement and turned it all over, and they also signed the NPT.

The one thing I did not see was the info on the nuke plants and what type of setup they have. I am assuming they are older Soviet reactors. Either way, Soviet or western design, I don't have enough info to know if the plants are capable of producing the needed material.

While Ukraine is talking about it, I don't see them going through with a nuclear weapons program. If they did, the back lash would most likely far outweigh the situation they currently find themselves in.

Anyone know the specifics for the reactors?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If they hold back the water past a certain point ukraine runs the risk of causing serious risks to the people of crimia

side note
see how this works quebec?
Harper supports Ukraine and will not be nice to YOU
if YOU decide to Separate from the rest of KANUCKISTAN

WHAT IS THE RIGHT TO WATER?
A. The right to water in international human rights law
While water has not been explicitly recognized as a self-standing human
right in international treaties, international human rights law entails specific
obligations related to access to safe drinking water.

These obligations
require States to ensure everyone’s access to a sufficient amount of safe
drinking water for personal and domestic uses, defined as water for
drinking, personal sanitation, washing of clothes, food preparation, and
personal and household hygiene.

These obligations also require States
to progressively ensure access to adequate sanitation, as a fundamental
element for human dignity and privacy, but also to protect the quality of
drinking-water supplies and resources.

Status of sanitation under international human rights law
About 2.5 billion people still do not have access to safe sanitation. This
has a profound negative impact on numerous human rights. For instance,
without sanitation facilities, one does not enjoy the right to adequate
housing.

The health impact of the lack of sanitation is well documented. It
accounts for as many as a quarter of all under-five deaths and is a serious
threat to the right to health. Poor sanitation also has a severe effect on
water quality and jeopardizes the enjoyment of this right, too.

www.ohchr.org...
edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago33 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I think we should use the Domestic violence scenario (sarcasm so those who might be victims no offense intended).

Both parties started a fight, the police (UN) got called.

During the investigation they find out both sides are of equal blame.

Absent more specific info both parties are arrested for the same charge and are both taken to jail.

The court system can decide who the primary physical aggressor is.

Until that date occurs we are nothing more than the extended family members living in the trailer park watching reruns of Judge Joe Brown while waiting for the new season of Honey Boo Boo.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The information / standard looks geared towards water inside a nations borders. Im not seeing anything that deals with water crossing national borders.

I know the US has agreements with Mexico but last I saw it was between the US and Mexico and not UN.

The same issue has cropped up in Israel as well as a few other nations in Africa and Southeast Asia.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh Goodie

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

crucified

Oh Goodie

Yeah its one of those situations where the people responsible for it are NTAC 2.0 compliant.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I don't think that they should cut the people off. I do, however, think that they should play a tit for tat game with the new Russian territory and increase rates by exactly how much gas and other things that come from Russia are costing them.

I think that's the fair thing to do.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ukraine is within their rights to do this but they may be shooting themselves in the foot as well. Russia could just say we don't like the way you are treating Crimea so we will shut off all the petroleum you get from us. Most of the Ukraine's petroleum comes from Russia and Russia could also cut off all the nuclear fuel the Ukraine gets from them and seeing how 46% of their electricity comes from nuke plants it would hurt.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ukraine is in debt badly, money they are begging for comes from the US which is also in debt, the rest from the IMF if Ukraine raises gas prices on its own people by 50%. Not going to be popular with the people of Ukraine.

Russia has not jacked up its gas prices and are still supplying gas to Ukraine. The Russian dollar dropping has had another effect... that is a better return on exports. Lower value rouble means higher return on exports (GAS).

For ukraine to cut power and water will have two effects

1. Inflame Crimeans attitude further against Ukraine proving they were right to leave
2. Lose potential contracts to Crimea, if ukraine was smart they would lock crimea into contracts with russia or a gas vrs electricity / water contract.

Russia will have no problems suppling electricity from their grid, FFS there are only a couple million people to supply to. As for digging a few dams, not hard to do.

As for Ukraine getting a nuke, no country will allow that to happen, certainly the US would not allow it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is the thorny part of the split......Surely international law also states that when water or power is supplied to another state it is pretty hard to then shut it off...if not downright against the laws.....
I think the wisest choice is quid pro quo......each gets what each needs even steven....
The Chernobyl plant is also in Ukraine..built by Moscow....do they have some kind of agreement on that fiasco?Russia is in the most part to blame.....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

A chance for Emurcah to pull out it's tiny pecker and rape another country are you kidding me? What in gods name makes you think they would pass up an opportunity like that?

The US is itching for someone to bully, the only reason the US doesn't dive head first into this one is Russia is more than capable of mopping the floor with the US.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Great post OP...........As Nelson would say........HA,HA.

I get the feeling Crimea and Russia are going to have some issues in the near future. Russia just annexed a welfare state by the looks of it and I bet the warm welcome is not going to last. It will be dancing in the streets to crying in the gutter in a few months.

Ukraine should cut them off........ you reap what you sow.
edit on 27-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Hijinx
The US is itching for someone to bully,

You do know who our president is right?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

HanzHenry

how petty leaders can be. this is like a tantrum and pouting. Very stupid. The Ukraine thinks this will turn the Crimeans sour?

It will give Putin the cause to do something to Ukraine. The Ukraine military told the Russians that "the usa is with us" before the vote. They falsely thought the USA was gonna help out.

Now they are once again provoking Russia thinking that the US will step in and help them.

What can Ukraine do if Russia decides to take more action? The US would be foolish to intervene as it appears that China supports Russia. And that means the madman in NK does too. Can the US, with its PTSD riddled military on psych meds take on that for no gain?

As a US citizen.... I unfortunately agree with the Ukranian military... the US will be all over this like flies on sh*t if Putin tries to push it. It is what our current administration wants.. and what they need to save face in the wake of a lackluster, lazy and corrupt reign so far. I hate to think of it, but I do think that Ukraine is well within their rights to cut off essential services. I am guessing that they will increase the bills for power and water and send it to Russia for payment.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Hijinx

A chance for Emurcah to pull out it's tiny pecker and rape another country are you kidding me? What in gods name makes you think they would pass up an opportunity like that?

The US is itching for someone to bully, the only reason the US doesn't dive head first into this one is Russia is more than capable of mopping the floor with the US.

LOL.. Really? If it was only Russia versus the US you really think they would wipe the floor with us? A country whose military is normally so drunk they dont follow orders or attend drill training? Russians planes are in such disrepair that some of them fall out of the sky?

Yeah right! One on one it would be a no problem situation... hopefully it never happens. The US and Russia are bullies.. and the problem with bullies is that they always bring their friends.. I for one hope we never find out who would win... but Russia in its current state is no match for the US one on one.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
To the above poster...

What friends would Russia bring? and yes I agree that one on one America would win against Russia. However, giving Russia credit, Russia is not Iraq or some other 3rd world country.

When it comes to super powers... there is only one. The US. Next level is China and Russia.

My point is, Russia would at least put up a fight, not like the other sand n****** you are used to rolling over. Come on, you invade Iraq on lies, even your general at the time was embarrassed. Afganistan? Are you serious? You are pulling out faster than france in WWII. Please don't mention Vietnam or korea. Hell, you only went to war in WWII after Germany and Great Britain committed all their forces.

Russia would give the US a blood nose, would you win? Hell yeah, but not without a fight and it would ruin the world economy, and if pushed hard enough, the US would be a thing of the past like rome.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Russia needs about two months to fix the situation so that the Crimea can produce or import it's own power but was that to happen in the west then it would take years to fix it as the bankers argue over how best to make a killing on the crisis.

Mr Putin has not yet cut the gas supplies to the Ukraine even when they still have not paid last years gas bill and the reason might be that he knows that they are just waiting to blow up the gas pipes connecting to Europe.

Yes big bad Mr Putin will get all the blame as those that seized power in the Ukraine turn on each other and lets forget who's flying fighters all around Poland and who has put Missiles all over the place or who paid the right wing terrorists in the Ukraine to shoot their own people so the west could come in.

The last time I counted Russia had not invaded anyone in the past twenty years but the USA has started wars in a dozen places so when we talk about acts of aggression lets keep in mind the real enemy who at home is handing out tazer guns like cattle prods to farmers to keep us all in our little pens.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

kdyam

Hijinx

LOL.. Really? If it was only Russia versus the US you really think they would wipe the floor with us? A country whose military is normally so drunk they dont follow orders or attend drill training? Russians planes are in such disrepair that some of them fall out of the sky?

Yeah right! One on one it would be a no problem situation... hopefully it never happens. The US and Russia are bullies.. and the problem with bullies is that they always bring their friends.. I for one hope we never find out who would win... but Russia in its current state is no match for the US one on one.

Well are these Russians that are drunk on cheap vodka not a match for the average overweight american who would jump when told but are too heavy to do so and would run to mummy and daddy ? Me thinks you watch too much Hollywood

The Tanks Russia brought to WWII (That war the USA came too late to and grabbed all the credit for) were ahead of the Ronsom lighters that the USA sent over and Russia is way ahead of the USA when it comes to Missile system

"The US and Russia are bullies"

No it's the USA under the control of international bankers that are the bullies and all that Russia has done is to take a stand against being surrounded and no one can blame them

Try watching some Russia Today if they still let you see it where you live

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Well fair is fair.

If the Crimea is no longer a part of them, no longer paying taxes or their bills to their former country, why should the Ukraine continue to supply them..!?!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join