It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low flying plane in Austin today, all white, no windows. (images)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Q) Why would it be flying to low on a training Ex, what scenario would that come under?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

It's doing touch and go landings.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

The NASA heavy-lifter, four-engine turboprop "Guppy" was in Austin today. Perhaps both planes were related in some fashion. It certainly is unusual to see a four-engine jet around these here parts, however.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

I was thinking that your friend, having seen that airplane flying low in a major city, may have remembered those eyewitness accounts. I know had I seen that (assuming it was not a common occurrence) it would have made me uneasy.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by TritonTaranis

It's doing touch and go landings.

Couldn't resist, Zaph.. opened up my sim to Bergstrom 35 and it's raining and what... 6000 feet of tar. Any cupcake that size doing a full stop on something that short would make my jumpsuit damp. Condiments stacked up to the overheads, baby......
EDIT:: I do digress too often. A little unsettling to see Doombird manuvering anywhere: it's like the harbinger of Whasup?
edit on 26-3-2014 by derfreebie because: EMP monitoring equipment not included

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TNMockingbird

For sure! I saw his post and saw it picking up steam so I brought it here to get an answer before our hippy city went on lockdown, ha!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I wish I would've seen that. It was overcast and windy. I work and live on one of the flight paths to the airport, but must not have timed my smoke breaks right. Too bad they didn't give us a heads up.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Usually see that in OKC quite a bit when I am there for training. Odd craft to see, but Zaph has already stated the obvious and most logical....but we are on ATS, so it must be siphoning our phone calls....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Found a video of it:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That's one of the newer E6Bs with the CFMI CFM-56-2A-2 engines.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Why is it called the "Doomsday Plane"?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Why is it called the "Doomsday Plane"?

National Airborne Operations Center
OFFUTT AIR FORCE BASE, Neb. -- Fortunately, it has never come to this. But if the United States ever found itself in the middle of a nuclear war, it would need the ability to get a command and control center off the ground and away from potential attack targets in just minutes.
That's precisely what the National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC) is all about. A set of four E-4Bs -- which are Boeing 747-200s modified to support the military's doomsday communications needs -- these planes were designed to allow the country's most senior military officials to stay in charge and control during a nuclear crisis, or something approaching that level of seriousness.

www.cnet.com...

Hopefully it never has to do what they designed it for.

This isn't the exact same plane, but it should help explain the doomsday plane moniker.
edit on 27-3-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
And only Alex Jones could make this into some type of conspiracy...

Does he never quit?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

They tend to like Austin. This is the third time I've seen a thread with them doing touch and gos there.

We lost the best EC-135 we had (after they consolidated them and it left our base), to a pilot that screwed up a wet runway landing. Full crew on board, he was shooting touch and gos with an occasional full stop, in the rain. The last full stop, he floated it, touched down about halfway down the runway, and attempted to stop.

Went off the end of the runway, hit a hill that ripped the gear off, the plane slams to the ground, and breaks the backbone.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The original E-6A was known as TACAMO (Take Charge And Move Out [that's the Navy for you]). Its mission was to communicate with submarines (missile subs in particular) and relay orders from the President to them.

At the same time the Air Force had the EC-135 Looking Glass, who had the mission of relaying orders to ground and air units.

When the Air Force retired the EC-135, there was nothing left to perform the role, except the four E-4Bs. So to supplement them, the decision was made to upgrade the E-6A TACAMO, into the E-6B Mercury, which would perform the role of both the E-6A, and the EC-135 at the same time.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the info on the "Doomsday Plane". With your answers I actually feel more comfortable with them around in a strange way. I mean doesn't the fact that they practice here a lot imply that Austin is a safe zone in their computer models as a safe landing zone? Though also I'm concerned about the need for this, aren't we above nuclear war? I got the impression that the world is more into financial wars at this point? At least the 1st world countries….

Note: I know Putin is flexing his muscles but does that work with a 1st world country with an economy the drives the world? Sorry, off topic I know, but why in Austin so often?
edit on 3/27/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Although nuclear war is what they're designed for, they also serve as conventional command posts. It makes commanding units easier, and faster in the event of something happening.

As for Austin, they fly out of Tinker AFB in Oklahoma. Austin is close by, but far enough away that its considered a strange field for qualification purposes.
edit on 3/27/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Wasn't there some info recently about Russian ships or subs harbored at Cuba? Maybe the planes are training for handling wild scenarios dealing with Putin's ships in close proximity?

Maybe even into the Gulf of Mexico perhaps just to intimidate us? And the planes are to keep POTUS informed?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No, its just routine pilot qualifications. They have to do so many landings and take offs a month to stay current.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Oh well, guess Alex Jones needs to drop this. Thanks for the info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join