It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love your oppressor or nothing can change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Oppression is the biggest issue in our world, where does it come from? And I mean at the root where does oppression come from? Yourself. And yeah it may sound personal but oppression comes from the self, in the last few thousand years we've seen in our history different kinds and levels of oppression based on what they've been told of the world and their life and etc. But no one is stopping you from forming groups and travelling to the places where kids make clothes like slaves and forcefully ending that. Except yourself.

The people you think oppress you most, you may wonder "how can they sleep at night?" But do you not act in self interest like they are, choosing your own morals, doing as you choose and feeling how you choose, do you not understand that they've oppressed themselves more? Pity them for they are far from any sort of unity, and try to reach them because they only need a teacher to be less greedy.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I can do that. Why don't you tell my oppressor to love me, is that not truly the root?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Think about what you're giving them willingly, I'm sure they love you more than you think, their actions are just in their own self interest though. Can't blame them, only advanced societies care about the common needs of a race.
edit on th2014-03-26T17:35:00-05:0020143131-05:00Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:35:00 -05002014p05 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Interesting concept but I have to disagree with you stating that the oppressors lack unity. The ruling class may bicker over details but the fact that income inequality has reached the level it has shows they're able to work together towards a common goal.

I do agree that I personally act in self interest and it just makes sense that the elites do also. People are people, doesn't matter how many zeros are on a bank statement. We all have our flaws and prejudices along with positive traits, that's what makes us human. I can't say with any certainty I wouldn't infringe on others rights to advance my own if put in a position of political power because I've never been in the position before.

I can say on a smaller scale I always do the utmost to look out for others interests that fall under my own sphere of influence, sometimes at a detriment to my own personal goals.

Understand my oppressors, possibly. Love them for looking out for themselves at great cost to the rest of us, not a chance.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Yes, I believe in Karma...

Des

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
But no one is stopping you from forming groups and travelling to the places where kids make clothes like slaves and forcefully ending that. Except yourself.

That's like asking for a slave to save another slave. If you are both imprisoned in a system first you'll have to save yourself before you can save others.

ScottProphhit
The people you think oppress you most, you may wonder "how can they sleep at night?" But do you not act in self interest like they are, choosing your own morals, doing as you choose and feeling how you choose

Yes, I act in self interest, but I do not own slaves in other countries, nor do I use mind control or brainwashing to get people to submit to my will.

ScottProphhit
Pity them for they are far from any sort of unity, and try to reach them because they only need a teacher to be less greedy.

'They' whatever you choose to call them, already know about the spiritual teachings, and already seen what goes on in society regarding overcoming fear and greed, they willingly choose to oppress others and not care.

This thread seems to be about having love and being sympathetic for someone or a group of people who not only harms others, but continues to do so without caring, then you try to justify it by saying "aren't you selfish too, following your own self interests"? Well yes, but that doesn't justify the enslavement, brainwashing, mind-control, and harm being done.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
People who act as aggressors are usually dealing with internal turmoil. It can be a number of things. Maybe they were subjected to large amounts of trauma in their lives, particularly when they were young. Perhaps, their parents didn't even care for them one bit. Maybe they were victims of severe abuse from their peers for basically no reason.

People who are very violent and angry are usually just carrying around strong emotions from a damaged life. Nobody ever gave them compassion or love. Nobody ever taught them how to do these things. They only things they saw and learned were bad things. And that's how they express themselves. Some people can overcome these things, others not some much. This is usually how psychopaths and sociopaths are made. They are not monsters, they are just deeply damaged individuals.

It's really sad when you think about it. These people are hurting far worse than the people they victimize. And it can just create a vicious cycle or abusers and victims. And the crappy thing is that it's something that is almost never brought up.

So yes, these people shouldn't be ridiculed or hated anymore than they already are. They need to be shown love for any kind of hope to bounce back. The world needs more love in it to begin with.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

arpgme

ScottProphhit
But no one is stopping you from forming groups and travelling to the places where kids make clothes like slaves and forcefully ending that. Except yourself.

That's like asking for a slave to save another slave. If you are both imprisoned in a system first you'll have to save yourself before you can save others.

You are only a slave to a system because you choose to be?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

i disagree, i think a more violent response should be made to your opressor, its kinda cliche, but an opressor is usually a coward who was born #, they never have a point except to make another miserable because their # feelings get hurt by ones innovation, skill, etc.

exploiting their deep interest in hurting you is the key to making them admit their worthlessness in life

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

How are you going to violently revolt against a bunch of bankers? Hunt them down and lynch them? You can peacefully take away the power they have, and you could even teach them that what is best for them is also whats best for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
cool thread.. interesting stuff..
this is what jesus told us to do (love our enemies and all that crap)

i just see it like the difference between rehabilitation and punishment
you have to have the good thing in you first if you want to uplift someone
if one doesn't, then i guess punishment suffices?

it's just a really hard, difficult, impossible thing to do (..one can lead the horse to water, but can't make it drink)

it's only through dark nights of soul searching that i was able to make certain advancements,
i think the same goes for us all?
..i would imagine this process is nigh impossible for those banker types and others who still love the world

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Imagine this:

"Hey, any women getting abused by their husband. You should love your abusive husband. Just show him how much you love him by trying to not be violent like he is and making his dinner and keeping him happy. Show him that what is good for him is actually good for you. All he needs is a teacher."

Very bad advice! Do not love your abuse, speak against it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well you act like the person doesn't love the abuser, when she agreed to spend a life with him. Just because you can't imagine the person being taught what he needs to, do you really think the best action of love is staying with that person anyway? The best way to love that person would he stopping him being able to commit abuse, nothing about fearing or hating the oppressor

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

We are not much better than they are morally.

But they have much more power and thus can do more wide spread damage compared to the powerless.

Wrong is wrong no matter who does it. No matter who apologizes for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Nothing is wrong, it's just perception

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

John_Rodger_Cornman
Wrong is wrong no matter who does it. No matter who apologizes for it.

Good point. If there is no such thing as "wrong" then that means it doesn't matter if someone oppresses you, abuses you, treat you unfairly, or turn you into a slave which means that this entire thread about making change through 'loving the oppressor' also doesn't matter.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Romans 12,17-19
www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by Onyxzyv

You can peacefully take away the power they have, and you could even teach them that what is best for them is also whats best for you.

I agree. And thusly, their brainpower and methodic planning skills are on your side, instead of being against you.

You, as an alliance, grow stronger instead of spending energy fighting.

Your best enemy can aslo be your enemy's best enemy.

edit on 31-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

top topics

join