It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid: People Aren’t Educated on How to Use the Internet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Mods: I preformed a search and found nothing. Also if in the wrong forum, please move or delete, your call.

Ok, That's right folks, the title say's it all.
Harry Reid really believes the average American Citizen is just to Dumb to turn on the computer.

( above pic added to emphasis, parents and grand parents have people to call, Reid, you think we can't use a phone?)
Their still carrying Obamas Water, they just can't admit he's a Loser!

Here is the article.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) said the fault of struggling to sign up on the Obamacare exchanges didn’t lie with the faulty website, but with the people who weren’t “educated on how to use the Internet.”

Explaining the reasoning behind the latest Obamacare delay, Reid said too many people just didn’t know to use their computer properly and needed more time.

Really Harry, Really,,, in the age of Smart phones and satellite TV's and Wireless Laptop connections in RV's older people can't use a computer!!!!!!

Apparently, it had nothing to do with the well-documented failings of the website that have embarrassed the White House for months.

“We have hundreds of thousands of people who tried to sign up who didn’t get through,” he said. “There are some people who are not like my grandchildren who can handle everything so easily on the Internet, and these people need a little extra time. It’s not — the example they gave us is a 63-year-old woman came into the store and said, ‘I almost got it. Every time I just about got there, it would cut me off.’ We have a lot of people just like this through no fault of the Internet, but because people are not educated on how to use the Internet.”

Reid stop it, your making yourself look even stupider than Normal!
And the truth is.

It’s just the latest strange moment for the embattled Reid, who’s facing an increasingly uphill battle to keep a majority of Democrats in the Senate. Reid also recently implied all Americans telling their stories of Obamacare’s harmful effects were liars, and he has incessantly bashed the Koch Brothers as “un-American” and “against everything that’s good for America.”

Unfortunately for Reid, he has a far higher negative rating with the public than the Kochs.

Harry Reid

So, now I'll leave and let you computer illiterate people Harry Reid believes to be out there take over.
I have to add one more picture though that sums up the whole Obama and Reid love affair.

edit on 26-3-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well done, well said, and again it just goes to show you who is in positions of power running things into the ground while feeling superior.... S&F

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

This clown won't give up until he has decomposed to the point of being an extra on the "Walking Dead". Even then he will still refuse to admit he is past his prime........

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That was painful to watch, why does Nevada keep him???

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah, he hasn't been the same since he went to Ted Stevens' seminar on the internet.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Jeez Harry thanks....now if only our allegedly elected officials could be "educated" on how to kick the life of being a corporate whore?
edit on 26-3-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Explaining the reasoning behind the latest Obamacare delay, Reid said too many people just didn’t know to use their computer properly and needed more time.

LOL

This is the Democrats' latest attempt to re-write history and provide lame excuses for failure.

Harry Reid is NOT up for re-election in 2014 and therefore can afford to scapegoat himself for the advancement of the party.

The entire point here is to get as much *HEAT* off of Democrats' sixes this November.

Notice how they are ignoring the massive website failures and how we were all told to use a "Navigator" or simply call the toll-free phone number or to use a paper application.

Be aware that other high profile Democrat Senators are also "self-scapegoating" because they are not up for election this year either.

Schumer, Feinstein, Reid are the ring leaders this year.

And note also that Harry Reid is under investigation for corruption by the State of Utah and the FBI has been "instructed" to offer only minimal assistance in that ongoing investigation.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Must be talking about himself....

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Elton

Reid has the State elections rigged.

He almost got caught a couple of times.

He had a close election in 2010.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Notice how they are ignoring the massive website failures and how we were all told to use a "Navigator" or simply call the toll-free phone number or to use a paper application.

Let's not use one of Harry Reid's states Navigagator's

Nevada Navigators Convicted of Battery, Fraud, Criminal Endangerment...

Nevada’s Division of Insurance must not have wanted consumers to know that at least eight Obamacare navigators it licensed had criminal pasts. National Review and the Las Vegas Review-Journal had to sue the Division to obtain those public records, and navigators’ criminal histories are not the only disturbing fact we discovered.

Linky

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This is the Democrats' latest attempt to re-write history and provide lame excuses for failure. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

My friend this is Truly Failure, lets look at how many times they've made some kind of Obamacare delay recently.

Working backward, here’s a brief history of some of the most prominent Obamacare delays:
March 25: Final enrollment deadline extended. The March 31 deadline — the end of enrollment for 2014 — will be loosened for people with special sign-up circumstances.
(Also on POLITICO: Full health care policy coverage)
March 14: High-risk pools extended. The special, temporary coverage for people with serious pre-existing conditions — which was supposed to last only until the health insurance exchanges were in place — was extended a third time for another month.
Feb. 10: Employer mandate delayed. This time, businesses with between 50 and 100 workers were given until 2016 to offer coverage, and the mandate will be phased in for employers with more than 100 workers.
Jan. 14: High-risk pools extended. The high-risk insurance pools, which originally had been slated to close Jan. 1, had already been extended once.
Dec. 24: Enrollment deadline extended. In a message on HealthCare.gov, customers were told they could get help finishing their Jan. 1 applications if they were already in line on Dec. 24.
(PHOTOS: 25 unforgettable Obamacare quotes)
Dec. 12: Enrollment deadline extended. Customers on the federal enrollment website were given nearly two more weeks to sign up for coverage effective Jan. 1.
Nov. 27: Small Business Health Options Program (known as SHOP) delayed. Online enrollment for the federal health insurance exchanges for small businesses was delayed.
Nov. 21: Open enrollment delayed for 2015. The administration pushed back next year’s enrollment season by a month.
July 2: Employer mandate delayed. The administration declared that it wouldn’t enforce the fines in 2014 for businesses with more than 50 full-time workers who don’t offer health coverage. The fines were pushed back to 2015.
(Also on POLITICO: Honey, I shrunk the mandate)
Nov. 15, 2012: Exchange deadline delayed. The Department of Health and Human Services gave states an extra month to decide whether they would set up their own health insurance exchanges — a decision it announced just one day before the original deadline.

Every one should really read more at:
a brief history of Obamacare delays

Just ask Harry, none of those people could properly operate or turn on their computer

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Elton

They don't. They send him to Washington but he keeps coming back.

Before he criticising other people's computer skills perhaps Mr. Reid should work on his reading skills. As in, read a bill before you pass it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
... But if it was the people who can't use their computers who are keeping Obamacare under it's target enrollment numbers ... then why did Obama go on Between Two Ferns ... an Internet-based sketch show? Wouldn't they have to, you know ... be able to use ... a computer ... to see Obama shill for it there?

(Please excuse the extreme use of ellipses. They were an attempt to express my extreme confusion and also denoted the number of times I stopped to hit my head on my computer desk while writing this post ... ... ...)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Elton

That's easy, her name was Sharon Angle! She makes Michelle Bachmann look like presidential material.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Elton

2 words: Mormon vote.

Few people may know, but nevada has the 2nd highest population of Mormons next to Utah . hell, the first white settlers of Las Vegas were Mormons.

Harry Reid is Mormon so they naturally vote for their boy.

His age related dementia is very obvious now, unfortunately he won't give up his seat until he dies of old age. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Every time I think I've heard it all, every time I figure the ACA proponents cannot possibly sink any further...some maroon open's his mouth.

He should be ASHAMED of himself.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't understand how he keeps getting elected, I've been reading boneheaded quotes from him that show his disdain for the brainpower of the public for years now, yet every election, there he is. Between him and Pelosi and a multitude of others, its pretty evident that our duly elected officials think we have the mental capacities of a mannequin.

And they keep getting elected, so obviously we do.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

guohua

This is the Democrats' latest attempt to re-write history and provide lame excuses for failure. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

My friend this is Truly Failure, lets look at how many times they've made some kind of Obamacare delay recently.

Working backward, here’s a brief history of some of the most prominent Obamacare delays:
March 25: Final enrollment deadline extended. The March 31 deadline — the end of enrollment for 2014 — will be loosened for people with special sign-up circumstances.
(Also on POLITICO: Full health care policy coverage)
March 14: High-risk pools extended. The special, temporary coverage for people with serious pre-existing conditions — which was supposed to last only until the health insurance exchanges were in place — was extended a third time for another month.
Feb. 10: Employer mandate delayed. This time, businesses with between 50 and 100 workers were given until 2016 to offer coverage, and the mandate will be phased in for employers with more than 100 workers.
Jan. 14: High-risk pools extended. The high-risk insurance pools, which originally had been slated to close Jan. 1, had already been extended once.
Dec. 24: Enrollment deadline extended. In a message on HealthCare.gov, customers were told they could get help finishing their Jan. 1 applications if they were already in line on Dec. 24.
(PHOTOS: 25 unforgettable Obamacare quotes)
Dec. 12: Enrollment deadline extended. Customers on the federal enrollment website were given nearly two more weeks to sign up for coverage effective Jan. 1.
Nov. 27: Small Business Health Options Program (known as SHOP) delayed. Online enrollment for the federal health insurance exchanges for small businesses was delayed.
Nov. 21: Open enrollment delayed for 2015. The administration pushed back next year’s enrollment season by a month.
July 2: Employer mandate delayed. The administration declared that it wouldn’t enforce the fines in 2014 for businesses with more than 50 full-time workers who don’t offer health coverage. The fines were pushed back to 2015.
(Also on POLITICO: Honey, I shrunk the mandate)
Nov. 15, 2012: Exchange deadline delayed. The Department of Health and Human Services gave states an extra month to decide whether they would set up their own health insurance exchanges — a decision it announced just one day before the original deadline.

Every one should really read more at:
a brief history of Obamacare delays

Just ask Harry, none of those people could properly operate or turn on their computer

Hmmmmmm..........
I wonder how many of these changes were made the LEGAL way, through congress?
I will take a guess and say zilch, nadda, NONE OF THEM.
How can a President change a law without going through congresss?
Is he king?
Makes me sick and pisses me off as well.
Quad

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Jeez Harry thanks....now if only our allegedly elected officials could be "educated" on how to kick the life of being a corporate whore?
edit on 26-3-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

How's that go? You can take the whore out of the corporation but you can't take the corporation out of the whore?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

The ACA law "allows" for many "latitude" regulations and decisions by HHS and IRS.

But nobody has figured out exactly what is "legal" or "illegal".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join