It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What They Don't Tell You In The Movies...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

If the OP just stopped seeing their "Shrink" and stopped all medication and all contact from healthcare and mental health workers and then something bad happened, then what?

Depending on severity of the situation... Liability could be through the roof on all sides!!!
Questions would be asked about why meds were stopped & why the person in question wasn't sectioned if this was an apparent outcome that could have been predetermined by consultants & mental health workers across the board from the wards to the community, including those who partake in house visits on weekly, monthly or daily visits depending on necessity of involvement with the patient!!!

I agree with others, that is scary and dangerous advice.

& I couldn't have put it better pal...
I wouldn't urge anybody to completely ditch meds & support, even though I have done this, simply because everybody is different...
I'd be abusing my position as a sufferer to suggest others do what I have, because I haven't been to their consultant meetings, or been through what they have!!!
With PTSD, as the OP admitted to having, even more so it goes against every moral fibre to say "no worries etc"... any Trauma needs to be well looked at & fully understood!!!

Same way people who haven't experienced mental health shouldn't pre judge...
People who haven't experienced, or even if they have, MH problems should never say "you're fine ignore them"!!!
As much as I hate the first, the second is much worse, & surprising to hear from a website that is usually so individually & collectively smart!!!

The OP needs to be in regular contact with help, needs to be monitored and needs to keep up with any meds they are prescribed or get a second opinion, but preferable not from a conspiracy website.

Again I couldn't agree more...
People seem to think that dealing with meds & such will stop them from reaching an epiphany or better yet, getting to know their inner self & understanding what they see & hear!!!
Far from it, if anything it clarifies what's quite clearly the mind & leaves you to determine the indescribable in a peaceful way!!!

Peace blupblup!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

I'd like to add also that I have read several of your posts on threads before now and if you e schizophrenic then hats off to you, you are clearly a very intelligent indovidual who is, on the surface at least, coping very well with what can be a terrible diagnosis.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that!!!
Hid the symptoms since about 92-93 (4years old), didn't mention anything & played games with consultants which led to misdiagnosis in 2012...
Stopped playing games, went over symptoms & U.S was the Type that fit!!!
My advice... Don't piss the doctors around or you end up being a medical crash dummy!!!

I try at least to remain compos-mentis (
) for the sake of the Threads I involve myself in out of respect to all at ATS that will be putting up with my nonsense, I will say it's actually a very therapeutic way of dealing with things, engaging in coherent debate with probably the most reasonable collective on the internet, just as good as what I've been prescribed
!!!

Peace Elijah!!!
edit on 27-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

Spot on mate and again, hats off to you. That's what this thread should have been, a sympathetic ear and the right encouragement, letting the guy know he's not alone but not in the way he thinks either.

We all need help at some point in our lives, it's about what we do with it and I think (and hope) the OP should take in what's in your posts as you have a better perspective on this than most. Peace to you also brother.
edit on EThursday5427pm1223 by Elijah23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

According to OP two Doctors agree with me. But you can still ban me if you want.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

stargatetravels
reply to post by randyvs

I'm sorry but your advice not only sucks but it's potentially dangerous.
You're telling someone with paranoid delusions and anxiety and PTSD to stop seeking medical help and stop medication?
And you're telling him that his deluded, non-existent 'aliens' are actually demons.

ATS really should have something in place with threads like these, too many people telling others to stop treatment and medication when they clearly shouldn't.
Eating a healthy, natural diet should be a goal everyone has but the OP should probably sort out his mind too, in fact I would say it's a more pressing issue

I thought it was good advice and it's becoming more and more apparent that for every person who sees it, there is someone who does not.

You keep saying that I am dangerous when I am not a violent person. And I have not even hinted that i am a violent person. Also, say I did go to another doctor and he says I am not crazy. You'd just keep telling me to go to another and another until I get to one who might. Just because you don't agree with a diagnosis doesn't mean it's misdiagnosis. Please come to terms with the fact that I am not nuts. Im sorry.

Bottom line is that we should agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Elijah23
reply to post by randyvs

I'd ban you for that mate, you can't tell someone to stop taking medication, the guys just told you he has PTSD, PTSD can be horrible if unmanaged, people waking up screaming in the night etc, its treatable but with councilling and usually drugs.

You CAN'T tell people to stop taking medication prescribed by a professional, especially in cases to do with the mind... These aren't laxatives he's on that can recommend he switches to more natural prunes to do the job.... If your comment was the only one to which this clearly smart but troubled man takes heed of, then We as a form of community would have failed this man terribly....

Keep your nose out, you clearly know less of what's going on than the OP.
edit on EThursday5627am0523 by Elijah23 because: (no reason given)

Hey, I appreciate everyones advice. Ban no one because, if I did something jusdt because a stranger told me to, then I would be one of those idiots who shoot up schools because of a Marilyn Manson song. I'm not stupid and not violent and and not crazy.
Also, PTSD manifests in many different forms. It sounds like people are clinging to the extreme cases while the reality is rather tame.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

FlyersFan
You went to two doctors who said you aren't dealing with mental health issues? So in essence they are agreeing with you that the voices and aliens and cloud-eyes are real. YIKES. Don't take this as mean but you need to find a competent psychologist to help you out. 1/5 of all people on the planet need psychological help at some point. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. I hope the best for you ... good luck ...

What really amazes me is how everyone either puts their spun in things or misquotes what I said. My shrink never had I didn't have mental issues. Depression and anxiety are mental issues. He said I wasn't schizophrenic and that he didn't know what it was in the sky.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
oops, I made a mistake - seeing all the black and white stuff happened in 2006 and 2007. Sorry!

Alot of actors were wearing black and white on television around that time here in the U.S.A after I posted syek (read backwards).

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Puppytoven

Why won't you answer any of my posts? Just one I posted in reply to someone else, I never implied that you were in anyway violent but I am saying as a rule that people should not give advice like that to someone who may be in a position where it does more harm than good.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Elijah23
reply to post by Restricted

Mate that isn't a gift and I know what's 'out there' I've been practicing these things for over a decade and I am actually quite knowledgeable in these area's but what we are discussing here has nothing to do with the spirit worlds, other dimensions, the third eye, ethereal bodies or any occult or spiritual practice.

This has to do with an intelligent man who has most likely activated his third eye without doing all the things that We have known for at least two thousand years, must be done first....

If you see the same as he does then you have done the same, it's not a gift if it's not done properly, it's a curse.... A burden... This is why its kept away from people.

Don't think for a minute that because people don't believe your delusions that it means they don't believe or have experience of the other side... This is how you cement your delusions as it means you discredit anyone who disagrees with what you see, Aliens driving white jeeps, the alien from the predator movies, clouds with eyes, find me one mention of these things from the Vedic texts, from the Bhuddists or Sufi's, from western occultists, from the prolithic writer that is the Dalai Llama or from Eastern European spiritualists such as H. P. Blavatsky or Joseph Steiner. I'll save you the time, they don't exist because the things you see don't exist.

Don't doubt my, or any other posters knowledge based on your own delusions. Who's more likely to be right, us or the alien from predator? Does he wear his mask when following you or is he more casual about it by now and just leaves the mask at yours?

I'm not trying to be harsh but over the internet this is as close as I can get to giving you a shake and a lift to the hospital..

Please heed my words, research what I am putting to you and read the thread in my signature.

This is how things have always been for me. So if it is my 3rd eye, then I was born like this. I have no reason to doubt your advice because I don't know you. I am going to read the writers you suggested though because I'd like to learn more. Here is the bottom line for me: When it comes to aliens, then anything is possible. Pretty much all the evidence out there on the matter has been open to scrutiny. But I will say what makes sense to me -- if there are aliens on this planet, then you're damn right they would use camoflauge of some kind to move about. And our own governments are developing stealth tech that bends light and redirects it much like predator. We as a species tend to shoot first and ask questions of a corpse. All I know for sure is that i don't know for sure what it is. I dont know if I am a psychic of any kind. But others who have proven gifts have told me I am very sensitive and actually agreed with you on that I've been walking around seeing but not earning the gift. thats not my fault as its as Ive always been. And yeah, it is a burden. The way i see things is very big picture and all the fighting people do and manipulations people try to put into place are so unecessary. All of this makes me think of what Russell Brand said once, "My cat doesn't believe in the internet. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist." I've been down the seeking professional help an they have done nothing. And these people telling me to get help irritae me because I have and they have done nothing as it is not a psychiatric issue. I truly believe it's a spiritual issue and am currently going down that road. I truly appreciate your advice and the spirit in which it was given. And that goes for everyones. For the record, I would never stop meds unless I spoke to a doctor first and the idea of some of you thinking I would make life changing decisions base on a ATS forum is a little patronizing.

Sorry for the lack of proper paragraphs, I am in a hurry as I have a yoga class to go to. I just wanted to get this down before I forgot.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

No it was terrible advice.

At no point anywhere in the thread did I say you were dangerous or violent.

You have been diagnosed with three 'issues of the mind' and I do not know if you are crazy or not, btw nobody who is crazy actually ever thinks they are crazy, but what you describe, the things you see, the clouds, aliens, demons, mobs, strangers whispering etc etc - none of this is real.
The clouds are just clouds, nobody is whispering or following you, there are no aliens or demons in the dark.
These are facts.

I have no dog in this fight, if you are or are not crazy has no bearing on my life and does not affect me.
But it does affect you and you need help.
I think your doctor either knows more and has not said, or has told you but the fact that you have broken from reality means you have blocked out what they have said.

edit on 27-3-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Modus Interuptus

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

This off topic back and forth isn't conducive to discussion, only hard feelings. So stop.

Thanks.

seagull

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Again, I apologise if I have offended you, I wasn't saying that you would make any decisions based on comments here, just that commenters should be careful with the advice they are giving in general as they do not know you and can not speculate as to what affect it may have on yourself but I did also say that you were clearly an intelligent man and if it was not a case for a psychologist then what it may be is improper activation of the pineal gland which I believe you suggested you had opened in your OP.

If so then I emcourage you to read Helena Blavatsky and listen to audio lectures available on the internet and youtube by Manly P Hall as well as others you'll find through them and I also suggest that you buy a book called something like the kundalini workbook or a kundalini workbook, its available on amazon and written by a swami, if you start from the beginning it may help you and it has many yoga poses in it for the Kundalini, which since you already do yoga, should be easier for you than it was for me...

All the best,
Elijah23

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Do you see?

DO YOU SEE NOW!?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Elijah23

Why won't you answer any of my posts? Just one I posted in reply to someone else, I never implied that you were in anyway violent but I am saying as a rule that people should not give advice like that to someone who may be in a position where it does more harm than good.

Which post? i am sorry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join