It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First ever found Asteroid with rings stuns Astronomers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The title is a little different from the source article but you get the drift here. Astronomers have found an asteroid with rings.

"Telltale variations in light show that the space rock, known as Chariklo, has two dense, narrow rings. That makes it only the fifth ringed world known to exist in the solar system, after Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune."

"Chariklo, a 160-mile-wide (258-mile-wide) world named after a nymph in Greek mythology, orbits between Saturn and Uranus and is the largest of a class of objects known as Centaurs. Astronomers calculated that Chariklo would eclipse the star UCAC4 248-108672 on June 3, 2013, as seen from South America. So they flocked to several southern locations to catch the show."

No conspiracy here. Just thought this is really interesting..

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Could be one of Apophis's communication spheres stuck in the stargate.....I've been watching too much Stargate SG1

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sure the Comet dust ball theory is dust when put up against the likes of the Electronic Universe theory that more accuratly model comets.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i know ats search engine sux BUT already posted

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
An asteroid with rings!? What in the...

That doesn't seem to make any sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
way too cool.......It just makes one wonder what they will find next.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow, I've recently just gotten interested in Astronomy. This came as a complete feeling of wonder. Great discovery.

new topics

top topics

join