It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense against aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi, I been reading the forums alot lately and would like to find an answer to my burning question.

Is it possible to kill an alien? I have read accounts of people praying during an abduction and the aliens flee from the scene. Praying and Mental power it seems to be the effective way in most theories and personal experiences.

Worst comes to worst, our only hope is to destroy these beings? Isn't it time we stand up for ourselves?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, I am sorry to say, that your very question in itself shows your lack of research on the subject. While I will not state my opinion publicly on whether aliens exist or not, I would point out that through research you will find that there are many different supposed species of them, and each of them supposedly have their own agendas- some friendly and some not so friendly. The idea that we have to defend against them implies that:
1) They exist
2) That they are using deadly force against us
3) That we need to

When in reality, if what is said is true of them, you would need to specify what species you are talking about and the view in your eyes why we would need to discover how to kill them.

Just some thoughts, not trying to be a pain in your butt.
Regards,
TA

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why do we need to destroy aliens?
2012, the mayan prophecy. That's where I base some of my beliefs

After the information I have read all over the place, I have only came across the so called hostile aliens to be only called the "Greys" and the "Reptillians"

Because of how all of us lack enough physical facts that will acknowledge the whole word we are here to assume guesses, logical guesses like a hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I dont think most people would even see an attack coming because people who believe in conspiracies, UFOs and aliens are normally classed as wackos so if some sufficient proof was found, the ''normal people'' would need quite a lot of convincing. Such as a huge ship destroying half a city or George Bush taking off his mask

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Technology will soon be developed for wars that will be placed in Earth Orbit and on the Moon. These weapons would probally hold of aliens (nukes etc...).

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ya gotta wear a tinfoil hat, so them thar aliens cant read ya thoughts!

Seriously, IF such beings exist, and IF folk had the gun an the opportunity, dont you suppose the world would know about it by now.? There would be headlines and front page pics of some redneck with a gun and the "body" on the back of his pickup!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well we can't beat them up, shoot them down, or turn them into roadkill. Maybe poison or a virus like in that movie Independance Day will work.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
From an article on www.space.com:

Space-Based Space Surveillance System: A near-term constellation of optical sensing satellites to track and identify space forces in deep space to enable offensive and defensive counterspace operations.

The term near term represents "before the year 2010".

When I first read this I had wondered about several things:

I wondered what space forces would we have to track and identify in deep space.

I wondered how we would enable offensive and defensive counterspace operations against these targets.

And I wondered why was it important to have this in place before the year 2010.

Now, the other descriptions I read for "Space-Based Space Surveillance System" doesn't really sound like this description at all. But, I wonder.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Imagine a Japanese Samurai left facing a legion of Greys during the final days of the Rapture, he has nothing but spiritual concentration. He and his sword and with the power of God he alone took out thousands of Greys...

Wouldn't that be a scene
As Ancient cultures in the past, taught us to practice natural ways instead of the ways of the machines.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
IMO there would be no defense against them. Think about it, A civilization that has the capability to travel many light years away from their homeworld, would more than likely possess weapons that we haven't even dreamed of. If their intentions were to do us harm we would be up the creek witout a paddle.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well with all the reverse engineering that supposedly goes on in places like Area 51 we might stand a chance to defend ourselves. Besides aliens may have become too reliant on technology to fight off a bunch of savages with primitive AK-47s. If were lucky we might be able to form an alliance with some alien race. Or we might be able to recruit some people with psycic abilities to fight a mental war while the less gifted humans swarm the confused aliens. Just a few unlikly thoughts. Over all I still think we would be doomed, but we might get lucky and last a couple of days.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think if you get past their technology they will die just like we do perhaps even easier. Look at the standard Grey man they look weak unarmed I would put my money on a human vs a Grey anyday.

A caveman could kill a moderen human with a spear all the same if he can get past his technology.

We also have to consider aliens might not be as weapon crazy as humans and never were crazy enough to develop WMDS. They might have perfected non-lethal weapons. If they make weapons like humans do forget about it we would be out matched big time.

I think their technology would be very hard if not impossible to get past even if it was purely defensive. Some of our new weapons like the THELS laser might be our best chance to fight a hostile alien force.

Odd

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If it bleeds, we can kill it...

And if it doesn't, we can probably cripple its computers.

We'd need weaponry that would produce a powerful enough EMP (a well-placed nuclear ICBM would probably work) to knock out a few logistic systems... once that's done and they are unable to organize themselves properly, we can just hit them with everything we've got.

Of course, if they have any genuine interest in destroying us, they'll probably just bomb us from orbit... that could make things awkward, as all we have to attack a spaceborne foe are a few types of missile. Orbital defense platforms, or some sort of space-based fighter ship, would be really nice in such a war.

Of course, all this assumes that they actually send ships, rather than just launching a volley of missiles (or what have you) from a great distance and coming in themselves a few days later to mop up.

There's also the fact that, even if they do attack, we probably won't be able to follow them home and launch a counter-offensive... they can just send in more troops if we take out the first batch. This will buy us some time, and our intelligence will be better the second time around, but they'll have the same advantages, plus fresh troops and weaponry.

I'll be in my bunker with a shotgun, if you need me

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My answer is no we can't kill them. If super intelligent aliens have perfected space travel, they obviously have good weapons. Most engines are basically weapons that use their energy for impulse. Think of a rocket engine, if you would compress the flame into a small circle it would shoot out a high temperature flame, like a flame thrower, just stronger.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think if you get past their technology they will die just like we do perhaps even easier. Look at the standard Grey man they look weak unarmed I would put my money on a human vs a Grey anyday.

A caveman could kill a moderen human with a spear all the same if he can get past his technology.

We also have to consider aliens might not be as weapon crazy as humans and never were crazy enough to develop WMDS. They might have perfected non-lethal weapons. If they make weapons like humans do forget about it we would be out matched big time.

I think their technology would be very hard if not impossible to get past even if it was purely defensive. Some of our new weapons like the THELS laser might be our best chance to fight a hostile alien force.

Apart from technology, I have read about a interview from a Zulu Shaman, one of the stories was shamans with high mental powers have successfully taken out a grey or a reptillian.
The best we can do is just compile all the myths and eliminate the ones that never repeat.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And by the time we have completed our ad hoc defense based on pure theories and rumors we would more than likely all be dead.

"the aliens are attacking"
"bring me that shaman I read about on some nutjobs website we will rest or hopes on wheter or not it works"
30 seconds later the earths crust is turned into magma by a super advanced energy weapon that derives its energy directly from the sun.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Skibum]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Aliens probably wouldn't destroy the Earth as it would be more profitable to drain our resources like in Independance Day. If you read the Halo novels it actually gives a scinerio that we might face. Basically if we win at a land war then aliens might get frusterated and then destroy the planet. So as long as we let them win a continent or two they might not turn the crust into molten slag.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

And by the time we have completed our ad hoc defense based on pure theories and rumors we would more than likely all be dead.

"the aliens are attacking"
"bring me that shaman I read about on some nutjobs website we will rest or hopes on wheter or not it works"
30 seconds later the earths crust is turned into magma by a super advanced energy weapon that derives its energy directly from the sun.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Skibum]

Why in the world would they even consider destroying earth or even launch huge battle against earth

Only the lowly evolved mind will do that, Higher intelligent beings would invade earth but blending in with secret societies and play the technology game between nations to cause conflicts.

The defense is for when we know it's too late and time to defend ourselves.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by newkids123]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Also have a look at some stuff on the FEMA guide;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.skiesare.demon.co.uk...
It has some stuff to do with what to do if a UFO lands.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Only the lowly evolved mind will do that, Higher intelligent beings would invade earth but blending in with secret societies and play the technology game between nations to cause conflicts.

Huh. we are talking about hypothetical situations here. We have no way of knowing what the intentions of any invading aliens would be. We have no idea how "higher intelligent" beings would act. Perhaps these beings would think of us as lower life forms similar to how ants are regarded by us here on earth. Lets say the aliens are invading because they need the nitrogen from our atmosphere. why would they waste their time playing games with secret societies and what not. Where would that get them.
"We need the nitrogen from your atmosphere, Mr. NWO representative (fill in the secret society of your choice) will you help us"
"Sure Mr. Alien We would love to help you even though it would mean the destruction of our own planet"

The easier way would be to break out the economy sized can of raid and exterminate the lower life forms. No land war needed. Just set up the super advanced nitrogen harvester and thay get what they need.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join