It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 428 Urging President to Declassify Crucial 9/11 Intelligence Redacted from Report

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
And yep, it apparently has to do with the Saudis- or so go the rumors.

After the attacks of 9/11, a report seeking all possible information regarding the attacks was constructed. This report, compiled by the Senate and House Select Committees on Intelligence, contained 832-pages. Under the operating procedures of protecting “National Security,” then-President George Bush Jr. classified 28 of those pages, relinquishing them from the public domain.

Regardless of the rumors surrounding what the contents of those 28 pages may do to the official narrative of 9/11, lawmakers have recently taken it upon themselves to provide legislation urging the president to declassify these pages. North Carolina Congressman Walter B. Jones has recently been granted access to these 28 classified pages, describing himself as being ‘absolutely shocked’ after learning of their contents. Proceeding his “shocking” realization that the narrative told to the American public has been, at the least, omissive in it’s accuracy, Jones has introduced H. Res. 428 which has the stated intent of “Urging the president to release information regarding the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks upon the United States.”

www.thewestwire.com...

I tracked this bill down, and sure enough, it is sitting at Thomas.gov:

Link

H.RES.428 -- Whereas President George W. Bush classified 28 pages of the Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 2001; (Introduced in House - IH)

HRES 428 IH

113th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. RES. 428

Urging the president to release information regarding the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks upon the United States.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

December 2, 2013

Mr. JONES (for himself and Mr. LYNCH) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Select Committee on Intelligence (Permanent Select)

RESOLUTION

Urging the president to release information regarding the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks upon the United States.

Whereas President George W. Bush classified 28 pages of the Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 2001;

Whereas the contents of the redacted pages are necessary for a full public understanding of the events and circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001, attacks upon the United States;

Whereas the Executive Branch's decision to maintain the classified status of these pages prevents the people of the United States from having access to information about the involvement of certain foreign governments in the terrorist attacks of September 2001; and

Whereas the people of the United States and the families of the victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks deserve full and public disclosure of the results of the Joint Inquiry: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That it is the sense of the House of Representatives that--

(1) the President should declassify the 28-page section of the Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 2001; and

(2) the families of the victims and the people of the United States deserve answers about the events and circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001, attacks upon the United States.

I'd say that's a reasonable request. In fact, it is more than reasonable. The public needs to get behind this bill and demand it. Not only for the families, but for public understanding of exactly who our enemies really are.

Ok Obama, here is your chance to prove all the accusations about your tenure wrong. If you are not protecting the Saudi government, and are not a mere puppet of the puppet masters, then declassify those 28 pages. Let the public see what they are about.

Hey, wouldn't this be a good chance to show all this "transparency" that you and your administration CLAIMED would be the hallmark of your presidency? Or was that just another silly campaign promise that the public should know by now to let go in one ear and out the other?

In fact, if you declassified this, wouldn't that show that the Bush administration was intentionally covering up much deeper and sinister ties with the Saudis? What gives here, Obama. Let us see.
edit on Wed Mar 26th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The missing data is no more than details of intelligence gathering techniques which probably show Bushes ineptitude in reacting in a timely fashion to prevent the tragedy from occurring in the first place. You know take out anything that shows we could have stopped them before it happened. The oh crap look on Bushes face while he read to those kids says it all.
edit on AMu31u0331303312014-03-26T09:03:25-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
The missing data is no more than details of intelligence gathering techniques which probably show Bushes ineptitude in reacting in a timely fashion to prevent the tragedy from occurring in the first place.

Really? I thought it was classified. And you know this for sure how? You have access to classified information? Then aren't you violating the law?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Not a chance they will let this out. Not so soon.

As Von Bülow said, we will not learn what really happened on 9/11, not until the gracious grass of forgetfulness has grown over the whole situation.... just like with the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Agreed.

You got your terror war, you bought armed trucks, brought in the TSA - you got what you wanted, so how about telling the family's of the 4,000 that died, lets say with an average size of 4 in each family, 12,000 people have been in the dark for 13 years, admit everything already!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The truth of 9/11 will never come to light. It is not the freedom of those guilty of crimes that are at stake, it is the legitimacy of the Unites States government that is at stake. The very definition of "state security" is at stake.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
No way will the Repubs let this pass the House. They classified it in the first place. The government hasn't even declassified information from the Kennedy assassination 50+ years ago. Call me a cynic, but they'll never declassify this for the next 100 years, if ever.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I've got two threads on this subject here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

As a member in good standing I guess I have as much right to my opinion as anyone .
But yes you hit the nail on the head I'm a fugitive from the law as I've got government secrets. They're in a file box under my bed. Oops that cats out of the bag.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

As a member in good standing I guess I have as much right to my opinion as anyone .
But yes you hit the nail on the head I'm a fugitive from the law as I've got government secrets. They're in a file box under my bed. Oops that cats out of the bag.

Is that right. And let me guess, you're in Russia right now and your name is Snowden. Uh huh.

This site never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I was going to say, wasnt this from last year?

With regards to the actual information, its not going to be anything which contradicts the OS, just more of the same BS.

Any significant information wont be released for another 35 years, if at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Thanks for hunting down that news story! Good find.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This has been discussed to hell and back on this forum. It is extremely old news.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Real American,have you read this book:Intelligence Matters Former Senator Bob Graham chaired the Joint Inquiry he's been fighting to declassify those 28 pages for years.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

This has been discussed to hell and back on this forum. It is extremely old news.

the only "old news" is your programed response.

new material might be in order.....maybe get the 'sh*ll-pad-of-responses-revision-update' from your handlers....

oh...and puppy-dog eyes don't work either....

top topics

join