It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mars = atlantis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has come up with this theory but here goes.
ive long had this theory that there used 2 b life on mars and that it got it 2 such an advanced state that it used up all the planets resorces and war broke out killing near on the whole of the population apart from a select few thosand people.
so any way they had already known about earth and killed of all major threats to them (the extinction of the dinosuars) because they had already thought about what they would do incase somthing like this happend. so they packed up all their technology and settled in a site that would soon become known as atlantis in an area that we now call the medditerainian. they built up a main wall and built a city more advanced than any on earth to date but they never ventured out side the cities walls in fear of what may lay out side.
As time went by the inhabitants wanted to know what lay out side the cities walls, the high consulats got stricter on the rules and a mini civil war broke out thousands of people fled the city and settled across the world. the war died down and the higher consulates drove out every one apart from the select and closed the city of atlantis up.
moving on a few thousand years civillisation has grown all across the world but the most advanced still lived in atlantis. but then a massive flood hit and distroyed atlantis and the surronding area (hence where the story of noah & the great flood originated). only a few survied seeking refuge in the surronding areas now known as egypt and greece (two of the most advanced civillisations in ancient history). all the technology had been distoried so they decided to leave it behind and start a fresh but used their knowlage carefully to help the human race develop but they never let on that they where from the great city of atlantis. they helped to design the prymids and the great greek temples. they passed down there knowlage to a select few sworn never to tell a sole what they knew and eventually present became the past, the past became history, history became myth, and finally myth becam legand. a great city wos only talked about in a story of a lost civillisation passed down genrations.

could this theory be true and could what happend on mars happen here.

please let me no what you think of my theory be it good or bad

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think this is a good theory as its one that ive been thinking about for a while. But, maybe Atlantis was the spaceship they came over in and it was also a kind of city that could land. That would explain why no-one has actually found Atlantis yet as it may have been destroyed and been completely obliterated by the explosions of its engines.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Fascinating. This brings up the point of the origin of the Atlanteans. I do not believe Mars itself was Atlantis. Plato is quite specific in his directions to Atlantis: West of the Strait of Gibraltar. Take a chart and draw an arrow due west of the Strait. See what piece of land it hits. Surprise! Plato states he received this story from Egyptians.

Now here is the interesting part. Cairo, al-Kahira al Mahrusa in Arabic, means 'The Guarded City of Mars'. An argument can be made that, while Graham Hancock has pointed out the Pyramids map Orion, they could also be said to map the Martian stratovolcanoes.

So what does this have to do with Atlantis? The legends of many of the Peoples of the Americas (Atlantis) state that their Ancestors arrived 'from the Stars'. Exactly what this means is not known. If these legends represent a survival of an Atlantean legend, then the Atlanteans claimed an extraterrestrial origin. Could this mean Mars? Or farther, among the stars?

I am curious if a prior civilization survived asteroid bombardment (natural or intentional) to be repopulated partly by survivors from bases on the Moon or Mars. This could explain the Biblical references to the Nephelim and the Sumerian stories of the Annunaki.

It could be just a legend. Or maybe this really is The Fifth Sun.

There is official interest in possible extraterrestrial origins. See Open Seti's SETV sections for clues. There are curious co-incidences in the structure of the Earth, Moon, and Solar System that raise the question: was it designed?

As for Plato's statement that Atlantis sank, I think this was his explanation for why the ships quit coming. The truth, I believe, is hidden in his own words: the Atlanteans suffered a terrible military defeat. Maritime empires often lose interest and disperse (cf. The End of the British Empire) when the Empire proves unprofitable and unpopular. Empires often spread new plagues to peoples with no resistance. This could be what brought about the demise of the Mound Builders of the Mississippi valley.

You have raised a fascinating thesis. Please continue to investigate and share your findings. Bravo!

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Very interesting Theory you have their buczrule.

It could be true, like they seen the big face on mars, NASA can say that it was shadows on a mountain all they want but it was a face. Notice they don't take pics of that anymore.

Atlantis could have been a huge colony ship, and yes it would look like a big city. Well thought out!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Assuming this happend, why would a society equipped with space travel technology fear the neanderthals or any possible earlier dated predesecor of modern man or for that matter the ancient greeks? It wouldn't make sense to relate these so called martians the founders of Atlantis as Atlantis is a fictional island told through story by Plato some 2500 years ago.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, the asteroid that killed the Dinos could have been a threat to the "Atlantians" so they left into deep space?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i dont believe that atlantis was very advanced like space travel stuff like that. but they were the most advanced people back then. and that it was located in the atlantic ocean and when it sank the people fled to north america and lost all there knowledge and started over and now they are the indians

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Or maybe the people from Atlantis are the same people as:
The Egyptians
The Aztecs
The Mayans
All of which are based of some type of pryamid, which represents power and god-like ascention.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Reading that made my brain hurt... but yeah, its an interesting theory, would explain why there is no water or any type of resource there I suppose.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've read two convincing books that Atlantean civilizations was actually Minoan civilization on Crete and Thera.

Unearthing Atlantis - Charles Pellegrino
Atlantis Destroyed - Rodney Castleden

top topics

join