It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret of our soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
We are one. Something great men have said throughout the generations, it's hard for most to understand when they think the body is the container of the soul.

Let me remind you what makes up our human bodies, 10% is our atoms and the rest? Open space, well there's your soul right there. Divine dichotomy for us to feel like seperate souls but that's how we experience ourselves, now think where does one soul end and another begin?

Much love to you

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

The number of atoms in one person is almost too big to write out. But fortunately there's a shorthand system, called scientific notation, we use instead for writing really BIG or really SMALL numbers. Since huge numbers are generally just estimates anyway, we just use the first few numbers, followed by a code that tells you how many zeros would follow if you wrote it all out. Ok, here it goes. Hydrogen, oxygen and carbon make up about 99% of the average human. I'm going to cheat a little and leave out the other 1%, which is made up of trace elements (that is, stuff there's only a trace of in the body). Then, let's assume an average adult weighs 70 kilograms. Be sure to keep in mind that the following numbers are based on the number of atoms, not percent of body weight (by weight we are mostly oxygen). A 70 kg body would have approximately 7*1027 atoms. That is, 7 followed by 27 zeros:

A very technical, but very interesting, discussion of this can be found at www.foresight.org... In summary, for a typical human of 70 kg, there are almost 7*1027 atoms (that's a 7 followed by 27 zeros!) Another way of saying this is "seven billion billion billion." Of this, almost 2/3 is hydrogen, 1/4 is oxygen, and about 1/10 is carbon. These three atoms add up to 99% of the total!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

This is actually one of the oldest issues in western philosophy that the ancient Greeks were primarily concerned with. Is the universe/ existence One, or Many? I think you were dealing with more of the internal philosophical/spiritual route on this one but to me it seems like the same issue of the inherent interconnectedness of existence in sort of a monist fashion.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Let me remind you what makes up our human bodies, 10% is our atoms and the rest? Open space, well there's your soul right there.

By that theory, everything -- tables, rocks, Collies, rifles, Supreme Court Justices, everything -- has a soul, which doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense.

edit on 26-3-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

adjensen

Let me remind you what makes up our human bodies, 10% is our atoms and the rest? Open space, well there's your soul right there.

By that theory, everything -- tables, rocks, Collies, rifles, Supreme Court Justices, everything -- has a soul, which doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense.

edit on 26-3-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

It makes complete sense, we are all one soul brother

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

We are one.

You don't see the contradiction in this statement?

"We" is plural. "One" is singular.

No, we are not one. It's time to come up with a better trope.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Aphorism

We are one.

You don't see the contradiction in this statement?

"We" is plural. "One" is singular.

No, we are not one. It's time to come up with a better trope.

Your perception of self blinds you

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yay and nay, such is the way.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublevel6

Such is the way, except when it isn't!

I stand by my word, your soul contains your body, not the over way around

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
we are one and we are ourselves

we are made of the same blocks, we share so much yet we had this awakening or special drive.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

guidetube
we are one and we are ourselves

Divine dichotomy.

We simply need to experience ourselves in an infinite number of ways.

new topics

top topics

join