It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 Chinese Ships Off Australian Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kathat

Ok, I can see you've lost the plot so are just grasping now....

Regions snubbing "London"? How so? Not that is actually anything new, there has always been a "them and us" attitude between sections of the UK and London. Again, not that I really care, as I don't live in London. The country is more than 1 city, you know. Not that anything of that has anything to do with the thread - like I said, you're just grasping now.

And of course China is in it for the "long term" - so is everyone else. This is just the latest chapter in a story that has been going for centuries . China isn't anything special - the only reason they appear to be more "on the ball" is because of their totalitarian state where they can act with impunity without worrying about panning permission or protests. But they have massive internal issues that, if left ignored like they are at the moment, will blow up in their face, just like it has done before with them and they have failed to learn...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by kathat

Ok, I can see you've lost the plot so are just grasping now....

Regions snubbing "London"? How so? Not that is actually anything new, there has always been a "them and us" attitude between sections of the UK and London. Again, not that I really care, as I don't live in London. The country is more than 1 city, you know. Not that anything of that has anything to do with the thread - like I said, you're just grasping now.

And of course China is in it for the "long term" - so is everyone else. This is just the latest chapter in a story that has been going for centuries . China isn't anything special - the only reason they appear to be more "on the ball" is because of their totalitarian state where they can act with impunity without worrying about panning permission or protests. But they have massive internal issues that, if left ignored like they are at the moment, will blow up in their face, just like it has done before with them and they have failed to learn...

Every country if you read articles has massive internal issues lol.

Everybody is in debt, except Norway, Leichenstein, Switzerland, et al.
Some have managable debt... Russia et al.
Others have debt spiralling out of control.. USA.

The only good place on this planet is an island community that nobody has heard off or nobody cares. Sometimes I am envious of the lost tribes in the Amazon.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kathat

I was talking about Social issues, not debt which is no where near as bad as the crazies who don't understand around here would like to paint..

China has a population problem for starters. Not enough girls, too many boys - in 20-30 years time they will have a population implosion of a magnitude not seen since, well, ever. India has the same issue but to a lesser degree as they don't have strict birth control in place.

Then there is the gap between rich and poor - you think it is bad in the West, take a look at China.

Then there are the ethnic tensions - swept under the rug by Beijing but still there and boiling over.

Oh, the empty cities and the impending property bubble collapse?

The massive debt held by Chinese local Governments to fund pet projects for vane local leaders? All swept under the rug but it can't be kept under cover forever

Then we have human rights abuses which makes the occasional "death by Cop" in the US seem tame....

And last but by no means least, the chronic environmental issues.

There will come a point in the future where China will have to meet all these issues head on and it won't end well. All the money/resources in the world won't help when they can't keep control of their people. At least our masters give us the illusion of freedom, which for most is enough to prevent them from getting to involved.

Some people like to pretend that China is some great nation on the cusp of Utopia - it is not.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by kathat

And? Why do I care about the age of toilets and America?

Of course China is concerned, otherwise why the rush to modernise, learn Blue water techniques and get itself a Carrier? Because it knows what is required to dominate the Sea's, as demonstrated by what the UK and US have done to do exactly that over the past 200+ years. They want a Navy that is at least comparable to the US in terms of capability, something they are a long way off at the moment.

Until that point, I wouldn't be too concerned about a flotilla of destroyers looking for a plane - and Amphibious invasions are notoriously difficult, even when done over small stretches of water, so doing one of several thousand Km without anyone noticing would require total Naval domination, obtained by numerical and technological superiority which is something they do not have.

FYI, I'm British...... Thought that was obvious from the Avatar etc so your banging on about America means nothing to me in the slightest.
edit on 27/3/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

You do realize Australian cities are next to the sea and therefore easy to invade?
If American bases were there they would never have invaded Crimea and Annexed it.

That is why Australia should let the Americans build bases as security will be guaranteed for Australia as nobody messes with us.
just think of Crimea forever under the Russian Jackboot.

I saw a programme on tv that Australia is also threatened by Indonesia which is another dangerous moslom country full of anger.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

Clearly, your not very well versed on amphibious landings and the logistics required to support said force several thousand Km from home then...

Simply "being by the sea" doesn't make somewhere "easy to invade". Every town in the UK is no more than 70 miles from the coast and the Germans were only 22 miles across the channels, yet couldn't muster an invasion. D-Day only succeeded through sheer luck and even then, it wasn't a forgone conclusion despite the sheer amount of men and machines involved.

China has a very limited sea-lift capacity - it has 3 large ships, which can carry a battalion each, around 500-800 men and around 15 smaller ones which can carry 2-300 each. In total, that is a total capacity for 6900 embarked men or 2 Brigades.

Also, the US has recently agreed with Australia to station an entire MEF (Marine Expeditionary Force) in Northern Australia, so I think they'll be fine.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Trollsmustdie

China "owning" land is neither here nor there. They don't get any sovereignty over it and is no different to any other country/person/company with property interests in another nation.

If Australia wanted to, at any point, it could nationalise or otherwise appropriate said property and be well within it's rights to do so. Of course, this may have adverse affects on relations with China or with investors, but it is done by countries the world over.

China owns more than just land, they own the wealth in the land, The riches, all forms of life, minerals, technology and bonds, many bonds.

Heck, I think they own America in secret, why else would the USA allow Chiniess military on U S soil?

The debt of America is too enormouse to contain. The interest can't be paid back let alone the debt.

Iike I said earlier, it is only a matter of time. The American people and their future is doomed. Sold out by their own government.

Ever heard of the slow boat to China?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Trollsmustdie

Aleister
reply to post by Cinrad

You think they want to invade Australia? Ha! New Zealand is the true prize!

Someone better tell the kiwi's, cause they are all Over here
( in Australia ).

Ahahaha, as Rob Muldoon said: Kiwis moving to Australia raises the IQ of both countries

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by championoftruth

Clearly, your not very well versed on amphibious landings and the logistics required to support said force several thousand Km from home then...

Simply "being by the sea" doesn't make somewhere "easy to invade". Every town in the UK is no more than 70 miles from the coast and the Germans were only 22 miles across the channels, yet couldn't muster an invasion. D-Day only succeeded through sheer luck and even then, it wasn't a forgone conclusion despite the sheer amount of men and machines involved.

China has a very limited sea-lift capacity - it has 3 large ships, which can carry a battalion each, around 500-800 men and around 15 smaller ones which can carry 2-300 each. In total, that is a total capacity for 6900 embarked men or 2 Brigades.

Also, the US has recently agreed with Australia to station an entire MEF (Marine Expeditionary Force) in Northern Australia, so I think they'll be fine.

It takes time to get defense to the Western Coast of Australia. There are are hundreds of kilometers of coast with only a handful of residents. If they were to disembark half way up the west coast, and if they could set up SAM defenses quick enough, they could take 3-4 days to do it without being fired upon. The only things that could shoot at them would be our airforce, a tiny bit of our navy after a couple of days, which might be enough to stop them.

I know it is implausible but I did post this is skunk works.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

The scenario as you describe it isn't implausible, I agree, but at the same time it lacks any strategic merit or reason.

China doing so would incur the wrath of not just the US, but Commonwealth countries would come to your aid including the UK, Canada etc all for the sake of landing a couple of brigades which would, eventually, be repulsed with no hope of retreat or reinforcement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join