It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 Chinese Ships Off Australian Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This morning I heard on the radio news that China was sending 300 naval and commercial ships to the Southern Indian Ocean to search for the missing plane. I have tried to find this on the mainstream media but for some reason they dont want to tell us the number of ships on thier way to the Southern Ocean.

There are two articles I found, they mention individual ships, how many ships were sent last week but not how many are being sent now.

news.xinhuanet.com...

www.silive.com...

At least this one mentions that it is a little concerning that they are here:
online.wsj.com... 2702303725404579460291292335828.html

Australia is a major supplier of raw materials for the Chinese economy. China has bought large parts of Australia lately and is now trying to have them basically made part of China. 300 Chinese military and non-military ships off the coast of Australia to look for a plane.... seems legit. Anyone know how to say "ni-hao"?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

You think the Chinese are going to invade?

Um. No, just no.

Makes absolutely no sense to. None.

And the land grab by them is no where near as much as certain parties would have you believe, it's a fraction of the amount of land bought by British and US people.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The Chinese Navy only has 389 ships in total excluding submarines and auxiliary vessels. This total includes one aircraft carrier, 3 amphibious transport docks, 23 destroyers, 41 frigates, 11 corvettes, 105 missile boats, 131 gunboats, 67 mine countermeasures vessels and 7 replenishment oilers.

Seems highly unlikely in the extreme to send the vast majority of these to search for the missing aircraft.

To edit and clarify, I'm not saying that I think they're sending them there to invade Australia (!) but that they will not be sending that number of ships at all. It's a ridiculous suggestion.

edit on 26/3/2014 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Stop smoking whatever crap that the MSM are selling and get your facts right, before you go and make stupid claims. Im sick of hearing 'the chinese are taking over' nonsense. They are buying no more of Australia than the American, Europeans and other nationals. Im sure if the American/Europeans were 'buying up Australia' you would have no problems with that and welcome them with open arms.
edit on 26-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

You think they want to invade Australia? Ha! New Zealand is the true prize!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

hum...
Regarding the movements of the Russian... the call of reserves by the Polish... the non-sense of an invasion, like the way the plain just disappeared (with none of the location equipments operating or stress mayday, etc...) could perfectly be possible, on a chaotic unpredictable scenario, of course... but never the less, now-days, the world reality is overcoming fiction lot's of times.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Cinrad

You think they want to invade Australia? Ha! New Zealand is the true prize!

Someone better tell the kiwi's, cause they are all Over here
( in Australia ).

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

f0xbat
reply to post by Cinrad

Stop smoking whatever crap that the MSM are selling and get your facts right, before you go and make stupid claims. Im sick of hearing 'the chinese are taking over' nonsense. They are buying no more of Australia than the American, Europeans and other nationals. Im sure if the American/Europeans were 'buying up Australia' you would have no problems with that and welcome them with open arms.
edit on 26-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

You do realize that they could be using the plane as a cover to move a lot of ships.Then suddenly and without warning they take a turn to the right and takeover Australia with the excuse that Chinese in Australia need protecting.

We think Australia should invite American troops and install a dozen USA military bases in Australia to insure safety and security.It is very worrying that people like you seem to dismiss this because that is what that ex KGB evil Putin did to annex Crimea and we need to stop these ships coming near Australia.We should send the military out and stop them before we are invaded just like Crimea.Remember the Chinese have huge aims and are not democracy like us folks.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

China is putting so much effort in because the plane was full of Chinese and it would be bad PR if they just shrugged their shoulders.

As for you thoughts on an "invasion", why would they do that and surely someone would have noticed the thousands of troops embarking? The US already has bases in Australia and a defence treaty, so any attack by China is just too idiotic to contemplate.

Sorry, crackpot theory with zero merit and even less thinking.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Cinrad
This morning I heard on the radio news that China was sending 300 naval and commercial ships to the Southern Indian Ocean to search for the missing plane. I have tried to find this on the mainstream media but for some reason they dont want to tell us the number of ships on thier way to the Southern Ocean.

There are two articles I found, they mention individual ships, how many ships were sent last week but not how many are being sent now.

news.xinhuanet.com...

www.silive.com...

At least this one mentions that it is a little concerning that they are here:
online.wsj.com... 2702303725404579460291292335828.html

Australia is a major supplier of raw materials for the Chinese economy. China has bought large parts of Australia lately and is now trying to have them basically made part of China. 300 Chinese military and non-military ships off the coast of Australia to look for a plane.... seems legit. Anyone know how to say "ni-hao"?

Must be an invasion... just remember to watch a lot of Kailan on the TV.. and also remember than Pandas are mean.. not nice .... they will rip you limb from limb and eat your remains.

Oh yeah, also try to keep in mind that the chines military would consist of very small Chinese people.. most of you Aussies would TOWER over them.. so don't be scared.

You guys have more deadly animals and bugs and sea life than anyone else on the planet. If the Chinese would want to take over Australia then I would want their educational scores challenged.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

championoftruth

You do realize that they could be using the plane as a cover to move a lot of ships.Then suddenly and without warning they take a turn to the right and takeover Australia with the excuse that Chinese in Australia need protecting.

If Defense force did not notice that large troop movement, then they deserve to be caught with their pants down. Point is, massive troop movement like that, heading south would only be screaming out one thing (we are not exactly next door neighbours here). But by then their pre-emptive strike would have been useless. Unless of course they have somehow super-ceded everyone in stealth technology which renders their troops and invasion army completely invisble to both to radar and satellite, then there's nothing that anything can be done about that, other than having intelligence on the ground in china in the first.

We think Australia should invite American troops and install a dozen USA military bases in Australia to insure safety and security.It is very worrying that people like you seem to dismiss this because that is what that ex KGB evil Putin did to annex Crimea and we need to stop these ships coming near Australia.We should send the military out and stop them before we are invaded just like Crimea.Remember the Chinese have huge aims and are not democracy like us folks.

Who do you mean by 'We'? I sure as hell don't want the American troops here, they should be back in America defending their own country. If you want others to do the battle for you then you might as-well share your house and family with them, since they are doing your dirty work for you. If a country cant defend itself without relying on another nation (ie America) then they deserve their fate, harsh but true. Honestly who would wanna ally themselves with the hypocritical murdering regime that is the USA. The current imperialistic regime should be held accountable for all the chaos and suffering they have caused worldwide. Keep in mind, i'm not talking about the american people, most people are well aware that their country has been taken over internally by various nefarious cabals.

The question is, will what happened to America happen here. I can see some similarities. Only time will tell.
edit on 27-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Although Australia is a cooperation of the United States of America, China own more of Australia than most people want to admit.

China won't be attacking us in any hurry. USA maybe a whole different story. It's only a matter of time now.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Trollsmustdie

China "owning" land is neither here nor there. They don't get any sovereignty over it and is no different to any other country/person/company with property interests in another nation.

If Australia wanted to, at any point, it could nationalise or otherwise appropriate said property and be well within it's rights to do so. Of course, this may have adverse affects on relations with China or with investors, but it is done by countries the world over.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
China sends 'mid-sized battle fleet' in search for MH370

The aircraft and ships deployed by China in the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is comparable to that of a mid-sized naval battle fleet, say Chinese military experts.

To date, China has so far sent a total 16 ships, 15 helicopters and two large transport aircraft to aid in the search efforts off the west coast of Australia

The ships include two large missile destroyers, the Haikou 171 and the Changchun 150, two missile frigates, the Changzhou 549 and the Mianyang 528, three large amphibious warfare ships, two replenishment oilers, an ocean rescue ship and six administrative search boats.

Cool, only 16 ships not 300 like I heard the other day.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Don't forget, much of China's Navy is very much "2nd rate" when compared like-for-like against Western ships, even Australian ones

Not much to worry about.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Cinrad

Don't forget, much of China's Navy is very much "2nd rate" when compared like-for-like against Western ships, even Australian ones

Not much to worry about.

Hubris cookies.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kathat

Not really - it is evidence in the way the PLAN has been built. They rush through design after design, build a few then move on. They have made great strides in the past decade and learnt a lot, but are still behind the curve when compared to more experienced Navies.

They still yet have to fully grasp having a Blue water capability, much less carry out full scale invasions of a well defended and well connected 1st World nation.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by kathat

Not really - it is evidence in the way the PLAN has been built. They rush through design after design, build a few then move on. They have made great strides in the past decade and learnt a lot, but are still behind the curve when compared to more experienced Navies.

They still yet have to fully grasp having a Blue water capability, much less carry out full scale invasions of a well defended and well connected 1st World nation.

I don't honestly think China is worried about your domination of technology. China has been around a lot longer than America, in fact there are many toilet's in buildings in Europe that are a lot older than America.

Didn't China invent rockets? Built one of the longest running and longest lasting wall in the world?

Oh and yeah, they stole your economy, and a lot of economies.

Not bad for a 3rd rate country. They also own lots of land (China free trade zones) in the US (and around the world), all without firing a single bullet, America has to invade and litter Uranium all over the world to get land.

Who is more liked around Europe? Americans or Chineese? So far all the yanks I have met are bloody loud, fat , arrogant, and all the Chineese people I met are humble, honourable and polite.

World is changing, keep up will ya. You can only cooerce and bully your allies before they snub you. I have seen the beginning of snubbing of America, all we keep getting is 9/11 rubbed in our faces as a reminder of American dominance. Sorry, I ain't your ally. For over 13 years all we hear, is 9/11 sympathy demands. Im deaf to it now.

edit on 27-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kathat

And? Why do I care about the age of toilets and America?

Of course China is concerned, otherwise why the rush to modernise, learn Blue water techniques and get itself a Carrier? Because it knows what is required to dominate the Sea's, as demonstrated by what the UK and US have done to do exactly that over the past 200+ years. They want a Navy that is at least comparable to the US in terms of capability, something they are a long way off at the moment.

Until that point, I wouldn't be too concerned about a flotilla of destroyers looking for a plane - and Amphibious invasions are notoriously difficult, even when done over small stretches of water, so doing one of several thousand Km without anyone noticing would require total Naval domination, obtained by numerical and technological superiority which is something they do not have.

FYI, I'm British...... Thought that was obvious from the Avatar etc so your banging on about America means nothing to me in the slightest.
edit on 27/3/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by kathat

And? Why do I care about the age of toilets and America?

Of course China is concerned, otherwise why the rush to modernise, learn Blue water techniques and get itself a Carrier? Because it knows what is required to dominate the Sea's, as demonstrated by what the UK and US have done to do exactly that over the past 200+ years. They want a Navy that is at least comparable to the US in terms of capability, something they are a long way off at the moment.

Until that point, I wouldn't be too concerned about a flotilla of destroyers looking for a plane - and Amphibious invasions are notoriously difficult, even when done over small stretches of water, so doing one of several thousand Km without anyone noticing would require total Naval domination, obtained by numerical and technological superiority which is something they do not have.

FYI, I'm British...... Thought that was obvious from the Avatar etc....

China is in it for the long term, not 10 year wars.

Even regions in the UK are snubbing London too. In fact, didn't you watch westminster suck up to Merkle's speech (in German too), she is the ultimate troll

top topics

<<   2 >>

join