It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama.Care 4 years and Counting the Bucks Gone Wild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
March 23rd 2014 marked the 4 year anniversary of the PPACA.

So far with countless changes delays and boondoggles etc. all over the place, we also note the massive costs so far, especially to the "private" sector and much of those costs not really all that related to "healthcare" directly.

Billions have been spent and countless millions of extra work hours associated.

Something like $27 billion in private sector costs and 159 million paperwork hours !!!!!

[ wonders who is getting rich off this thing ]

Is it worth it so far?

Hmmm.

To mark the anniversary of Obamacare, which became law on March 23, 2010, the American Action Forum released a report finding that the law’s regulatory burdens are twice as great as its benefits.

“After four years of implementation, countless delays, a website disaster, and constant litigation, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) celebrates its inauspicious birthday this week,” the report said. “From a regulatory perspective, the law has imposed more than $27.2 billion in total private sector costs, $8 billion in unfunded state burdens, and more than 159 million paperwork hours on local governments and affected entities.”

“What’s more troubling, the law has generated just $2.6 billion in annualized benefits, compared to $6.8 billion in annualized costs,” it said. “In other words, the ACA has imposed 2.5 times more costs than it has produced in benefits.”

♡article;
Your ♡bamaCare!!! Fail of the Day

2nd article;
Fourth Anniversary of Obamacare Brings Billions in Costs to Economy

Somebody's Pay'n for this !!!!

I'm STILL on Hold !!!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If Obamacare actually is a talking horse I wouldn't be surprised... poor thing should have been put down 3 years ago... instead they let it suffer to the very end... how sad.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
And how much of that money could have helped expand medicaid and other options to help those they are working so very tirelessly to help?

Obamacare has successfully funneled a ton of money away from those they could have already been helping. But that wouldn't serve the purpose, would it.

I am happy for the 10 people that were able to sign up and obtain affordable premiums... after all, that is what it was supposed to do for everyone. But we shouldn't be splitting those hairs now should we? Numbers and the facts surrounding them seem to be a very hard thing for this administration to grasp.
edit on 3/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow, k I'm not a huge fan of Obamacare because it's super watered down. The US is the only advanced nation on the planet that didn't offer healthcare to its citizens. Something is better than nothing.

Also, Obamacare didn't go into law until last October. It's only a few months old, not 4 years. The 4 years ur talking about is the bill turning into law and then having 42 attempts at repealing that law by the GOP.
Republican states are refusing federal money that would pay the bills for 2 or 3 years in order to facilitate the change. Instead they've decided to opt out, and that refusal is what's raising insurance prices. There are already enough people in the program to make it economically feasible.

Anyway, American healthcare system is atrocious for a nation boasting some of the most advanced medical science in the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

GokuVsSuperman0

Anyway, American healthcare system is atrocious for a nation boasting some of the most advanced medical science in the world.

Agreed. 100%. It is an absolute shame.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GokuVsSuperman0

Actually it is "worse" than nothing in some respects.

And, many things went into effect right away.

The delays are outnumbering the effects now.

It's a total screw-up.

The "good" could have very easily been accomplished without this boondoggle.

But that would have cost next to nothing.

The Obama.Care agenda is complicated.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

GokuVsSuperman0
Wow, k I'm not a huge fan of Obamacare because it's super watered down. The US is the only advanced nation on the planet that didn't offer healthcare to its citizens. Something is better than nothing.

Something is not better than nothing. There isn't a government run program that isn't bleeding and wasting huge amounts of money.
Heathcare isn't a right. The private sector always does much better and more cost effectively. If the government would have allowed policies across state lines, let small businesses group up, tort reform and remove illegal aliens from the system, we would be in much better shape and then provide more benefits for the uninsured.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Doctor heal thyself"

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

GokuVsSuperman0

Also, Obamacare didn't go into law until last October. It's only a few months old, not 4 years. The 4 years ur talking about is the bill turning into law and then having 42 attempts at repealing that law by the GOP.
Republican states are refusing federal money that would pay the bills for 2 or 3 years in order to facilitate the change. Instead they've decided to opt out, and that refusal is what's raising insurance prices. There are already enough people in the program to make it economically feasible.

That's because No other country would be able to fund the multitudes of illegal immigrants, and dead beats either.
edit on V392014Tuesdaypm31America/ChicagoTue, 25 Mar 2014 23:39:06 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
People whose only contact with a government agency is to renew their driving license or do their once a year taxes have faith that the government knows what it is doing... MSM helps that mental picture as do all the T.V. shows that always show how the government catches their bad guys..

Most people who have had to step out of those basic contacts or worked for the government and it's bureaucratic lawyer generated paperwork intensive programs have a totally different opinion from what I have seen.

For the life of me I can not fathom anyone wanting the government bureaucrats running their medical needs. Social security, welfare, government waste, political shenanigans to include voting and registration, immigration, you name it where is the shinning example of anyone group of the government you want to place your faith in ? Guess I am out of step.. I remember walking into a doctors office and paying out of pocket for stuff that was less than 10% and sometimes 1% the cost before medical insurance and hospitals for profit were ever introduced.. AMA is another fine organization if half the derogatory articles on their workings are to be believed.

No wonder people with real money and knowledge travel overseas for medical procedures and after the round trip ticket and procedure to include hotels and food spend less than what an ambulance ride and a day or two in ICU in the states cost.

ACA is not working for many and will continue to not be affordable for many more.. The premiums will increase along with the fines.. ACA will be fixed or done away with for in it's present form it is doing nothing but setting the ground work for people to go bankrupt, lose their doctors and affordable insurance they have had for years, and in many cases have their work hours reduced. ACA canceled many insurance policies that individuals chose based on their wants, needs, or ability to afford, and it replaced those plans with what the government says is better insurance. This leaves little choice for us pedestrians and typical government program increases costs. 16,200 new IRS agents and all the other clingons needed to administer the program. Ill conceived bureaucratic B.S. that has really messed up big time, this time for the many not just the few. . Sugar coating a smelly turd is still a sugar coated turd call it what you may. Affordable... not when the premium is 49% a month higher, co-payments are doubled and the always popular deductible which looms at the first sickness.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates 31 million will still be left uninsured ACA was supposed to make insurance affordable for everyone, No? I thought one of the big selling points for President Obama was that ACA would insure the uninsured. Silly me I need Alzheimers or to go deaf so I do not have to remember what was said to sell this scam.

Every revelation about ACA screams that this law was completely un-vetted or those who wrote it need to cut back on the psychotropic drugs . Its creation and implementation have been sugar spread on everything in sight yet when looked at closely shows just how disastrous this whole thing has been... It is like Fukushima in some ways . Americans (or anyone else) deserve better IMO.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So far with countless changes delays and boondoggles etc. all over the place, we also note the massive costs so far, especially to the "private" sector and much of those costs not really all that related to "healthcare" directly. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which brings us to the billion dollar question:

How can people 'love' Obamacare so much ?

After 4 years of delays the 'law' of the land still isn't the 'LAW OF THE LAND'.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

You people keep saying the market would have fixed it by themselves. Really? When? Why does someone have to pay 13000$ for a surgery that costs 2300$ at another hospital. I'm all for small government and as much power delegated to the state and municipal level, but some things have to be federalized: energy, education and the 3rd one, oops lol

Anyway, the market has been terrible to people with medical bills for decades, so let's see how the government does. Besides every other advanced nation in the world has a much more federalized health care system than the one set up in the US.

And as for healthcare not being a "right". Well in the 60s black people didn't have rights but the US changed that for the better. Maybe this is just another progressive push forward. As with every change there will always be haters. Only time will tell

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You people keep saying the market would have fixed it by themselves. Really? When? Why does someone have to pay 13000$ for a surgery that costs 2300$ at another hospital. I'm all for small government and as much power delegated to the state and municipal level, but some things have to be federalized: energy, education and the 3rd one, oops lol

No, nothing should ever be federalized. Federalized education is failing our children. Look at what is happening to pretty much every major school district out there, and if you haven't been keeping up Common Core is actually a dumbing down, not more rigorous. And usually, the only answer is to throw more money at it. Well, we also spend more money on education than most every other developed nation, but our kids are doing worse. So federalized education clearly seems to be a problem. We're doing it wrong.

Federalized energy also isn't an answer. Our power grid is about to collapse, and the EPA is about to render most of our electrical generation capacity obsolete. That doesn't seem to be working out very well for us. Oh, and the infrastructure is antiquated. On good EMP or solar flare, and we're toast, living Dark Ages.

As for federalized health care, we've seen what happened to the first two on your list, and you want them taking care of your health? Lets' throw ever increasing amounts of money at something that will grow obsolete and regulate itself into non-existence. Perfect! Sounds like a plan to me. Pretty soon everyone will be covered, but we'll all be seeing the local herbalist on the corner because she might not kill you while your doctor sure will (assuming you even have one)!

Anyway, the market has been terrible to people with medical bills for decades, so let's see how the government does. Besides every other advanced nation in the world has a much more federalized health care system than the one set up in the US.

The market on health care has been heavily interfered with by the government for far too long for anyone to remember much what it was like before the advent of our current insurance/government model. Government broke it, and now they are trying to tell us that only they can fix it.

Do you know what? If they were out of it, and insurance was out of it, only people left to pay into it would be us, and then doctors, hospitals and pharma would have to price into our pockets or go out of business.

And as for healthcare not being a "right". Well in the 60s black people didn't have rights but the US changed that for the better. Maybe this is just another progressive push forward. As with every change there will always be haters. Only time will tell

Your assumption is incorrect. Black people always had rights. There were laws that attempted to oppress the rights of black people. There is a difference.

When you are talking about inalienable rights, they are something that are intrinsic to you and cannot be taken away by any agency of man on earth. The only thing that can be done is an attempt to oppress those rights. This is what the Jim Crow laws were - an attempt to oppress those rights. Black people never lost them, and the Civil Rights Movement of the '60s was basically the people realizing that they had those rights and the fight to force everyone else to recognize that.

At any rate, a real right is something you have that is intrinsic to yourself that imposes no obligation on anyone else. Health care doesn't fit that bill. The best it can ever be is a civil privilege. If health care is a right, it means that anyone who is a provider of health care is basically instantly a slave to your needs, and unless I misunderstood my history class, we also fought a war to do away with slavery in this country.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

ROFLMAO, I seen your title and immediately thought of

It sounded almost like they'd started a new Reality Show,,,, The Kings, Lame Duck Dynasty

Obamacare is a Scam, if they'd taking all that monies and dumped it into Medicare and Medicaid, with a little
adjusting here and there, I think something else anything else, would be better.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Oh No , I Lost My Plan Too !................

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Oh No , I Lost My Plan Too !................

www.youtube.com...

Good One !!!!

And actually very *Realistic* too !!!!

new topics

top topics

join