It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts in Chile fear catastrophe as 300 quakes hit in one week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Most of the quakes are too small to be felt on the mainland, however, officials fear that this could be a build-up to the "big one." Should we be worried? According to the article the last "big one" in Chile was felt in 1887 and it was a magnitude 8.5. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of my fellow posters out there. I don't think this means the end, but I do think it's something to watch unfold. What say you, ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They are going to have a big one within the next couple of weeks. The price of coffee will go through the roof for a year.

A prediction, but my predictions on these kind of things never seem to come true, so they are safe. I have lots of coffee just in case.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Based on your word alone Ricky...I'm gonna bye 10 lbs of French roast coffee beans this week.

I've been following the big quake thread...it does look like something bad is on the horizon for Chile. I hope not...but it's ominous.

Des

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It's strange, many sources say that a drought is supposed to raise coffee prices yet I haven't seen them spike up yet. Maybe all the sales lately are to create a bigger shortage so they can double the price of coffee. We've been stocking up more than usual lately, at six bucks for a 33 oz can, you cannot afford to not buy it. Now we have a years supply in stock, that isn't a problem though, when the price goes up it usually lasts more than a year.

We can live with very little food, but not without coffee. It has some pretty amazing health benefits for the money.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Not to mention that coffee has saved lives... just ask the Airmen that used to work for me... or my wife...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

madmac5150

Not to mention that coffee has saved lives... just ask the Airmen that used to work for me... or my wife...

How has coffee saved lives?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Destinyone

Based on your word alone Ricky...I'm gonna bye 10 lbs of French roast coffee beans this week.

I've been following the big quake thread...it does look like something bad is on the horizon for Chile. I hope not...but it's ominous.

Des

I hear Alex Jones is selling a lovely Patriot blend that comes from the high mountains of Southern Mexico, where the Chiapas farmers grow their unique coffee beans. They have now managed to secure these unique beans in his favorite coffee – the new Patriot Blend 100% organic coffee. It's shade grown.

Buy it wholesale, support free press, support the operation, then sell it at record profits. Win/Win

I couldn't resist.
The commercial has been so worn out, it's all I can think of when I see the word coffee.

To OP: I must have missed this information while my eyeballs have been saturated with missing flights and so forth. I certainly hope they can escape a "big one". All this activity doesn't make it look too good though.
edit on 3/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I gotta say... those are significant for the time period...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

Destinyone

Des

I hear Alex Jones is selling a lovely Patriot blend that comes from the high mountains of Southern Mexico, where the Chiapas farmers grow their unique coffee beans. They have now managed to secure these unique beans in his favorite coffee – the new Patriot Blend 100% organic coffee. It's shade grown.

Buy it wholesale, support free press, support the operation, then sell it at record profits. Win/Win

I couldn't resist.
The commercial has been so worn out, it's all I can think of when I see the word coffee.

To OP: I must have missed this information while my eyeballs have been saturated with missing flights and so forth. I certainly hope they can escape a "big one". All this activity doesn't make it look too good though.
edit on 3/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

It's pretty cheap when you grow your own here, or know the farmers. I can also get it at a market in the city for ~$6 USD per kilo of arabica.

Not sure what the big deal about "shade grown" is, other than marketing speak

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

rickymouse
They are going to have a big one within the next couple of weeks. The price of coffee will go through the roof for a year.

A prediction, but my predictions on these kind of things never seem to come true, so they are safe. I have lots of coffee just in case.

Whats Chile got to do with café..(coffee, sorry) Their exports pratically nothing. If you want problems with coffee in the world, wait until something happens in Brazil or Vietnam.
edit on AM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

andy1972

rickymouse

Whats Chile got to do with café..(coffee, sorry) Their exports pratically nothing. If you want problems with coffee in the world, wait until something happens in Brazil or Vietnam.
edit on AM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

It doesn't matter if not much coffee comes from there, a big quake there will cause the price of coffee to rise. Half the excuses for rising costs of commodities and fuels are not based on real facts. Most people do not know that they don't grow much coffee there, so an excuse will be made that there is a shortage and the coffee will rise. It's about making money off of people, misapplying evidence is often done to create higher prices. Look at the recent propane shortage, a shortage that did not really exist. It drove the price of propane up over double. All investigations made were at the retail level, not at the high levels.

top topics

join