It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumps outbreak at Ohio State a threat despite vaccinations... Title

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

rickymouse
You only have about a twenty percent chance of getting mumps if you are not vaccinated. People with an immune system that is working right will fend this off most times. I don't think that the benefits they tote are real. Another money making scam in my book.

If you haven't been exposed before, transmission rate is 65%.

Clinical manifestations

In the prevaccine era, rates of classical parotitis among all age groups typically ranged from 31% to 65%, but in specific age groups could be as low as 9% or as high as 94% depending on the age and immunity of the group.[4–7] Several articles discuss mumps symptoms as nonspecific or primarily respiratory, however, findings in these articles were based on serologies taken every six months or a year, so it is difficult to prove that the respiratory symptoms were because of mumps or that the symptoms occurred at the same time as the mumps infection.[6, 7] In the prevaccine era, 15% to 27% of infections were asymptomatic.[4–6] In the post-vaccine era, it is difficult to estimate the number of asymptomatic infections, because it is unclear how vaccine modifies clinical presentation. Serious complications can occur in the absence of parotitis

20% of infections are asymptomatic, which is where you may have gotten the 20% number.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

NavyDoc

nugget1
Either the vaccines DON'T work, or viruses are mutating. Either way, the truth IS NOT being told.

Immunity, even natural immunity, is neither 100% nor always life-long.

Measles, mumps, rubella and varicella zoster virus (VZV) infections are regarded as typical diseases of childhood: They are normally clinically mild and result in lifelong immunity.

See Link

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I see what you mean, I was probably not understanding that a lot of times the mumps were not giving the typical mumps symptoms that most people recognize. I read an article about this before but probably misunderstood how the figures applied.

Now, how many cases of mumps without the usual mumps symptoms aren't reported as mumps by doctors because they thought that the vaccine was protecting the recipients from getting them. Most time it is a judgement call on behalf of the doctor. When you go to the doctors, they do not run tests most times. They usually give you some meds to treat a broad variety of infections. Another thing is that even people who are vaccinated may not go to a doctor with these mumps that do not show typical symptoms of mumps.

This evidence can be all messed up, a doctor wouldn't possibly look at something being mumps if the person had already been vaccinated.

Good info you posted though, it helps me to understand how to interpret the multitude of stuff I read. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

toastyr
reply to post by saneguy

Vitamin C is awesome, have you seen the liposomal vitamin C thread?

It's funny that vaccines get credit for what very well could have been vitamin C, it is the ultimate in virus killing.

Yes, I did see that thread.
It's very sad that the rare cases of complications from these diseases could be completely eliminated with IV Vit C treatment and thus we could do away with the whole vaccination agenda. I have even seen reports of IV C being used to fight illness from vaccinations!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

saneguy

NavyDoc

nugget1
Either the vaccines DON'T work, or viruses are mutating. Either way, the truth IS NOT being told.

Immunity, even natural immunity, is neither 100% nor always life-long.

Measles, mumps, rubella and varicella zoster virus (VZV) infections are regarded as typical diseases of childhood: They are normally clinically mild and result in lifelong immunity.

See Link

Right. See the word "normally" and "typically."

One can have had a childhood case of either but still test seronegative decades later. Although the vast majority is indeed "lifelong," it is not 100% of the population.

Like myself as an example. I had them as a child naturally but I recently had low titers against them, so I was vaccinated.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Well, you obviously want to take no chance whatsoever of getting it again plus you don't worry about any side effects of vaccination.
Personally, I wouldn't risk a vaccination for something so extremely unlikely, relying instead on mega dose vit C to fight infections in general.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

saneguy
reply to post by NavyDoc

Well, you obviously want to take no chance whatsoever of getting it again plus you don't worry about any side effects of vaccination.
Personally, I wouldn't risk a vaccination for something so extremely unlikely, relying instead on mega dose vit C to fight infections in general.

Well, for me, being that I see a lot of sick people and how devastating an adult case would be, for me the risk vs benefit ratio is skewed to getting vaccinated. For others, say not in the healthcare field, the risk vs benefit ratio would be different.

I've had probably dozens of vaccinations over the years, having gone to many remote third world places to give medical care and have been vaccinated for some pretty unusual stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
With all these crazy anti-vaxers, it's a shame there isn't a vaccine for stupidity.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

rickymouse
You only have about a twenty percent chance of getting mumps if you are not vaccinated. People with an immune system that is working right will fend this off most times. I don't think that the benefits they tote are real. Another money making scam in my book.

Yeah the key there being people with healthy immune systems. Problem is not everyone is able to receive a vaccine. They rely on the rest of us to be vaccinated to help control outbreaks.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

GetHyped
it's a shame there isn't a vaccine for stupidity.

LOL, you got that right

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

saneguy

GetHyped
it's a shame there isn't a vaccine for stupidity.

LOL, you got that right

The irony being that you would refuse to take it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by Maluhia

Fungus? I'll have to look that one up. It's weird - all these new diseases we have. The prevalence of autoimmune diseases, fatigue and other unexplained diseases...like a trade off for the ones that kill people faster. I've had all my shots and don't intend to get anymore other than the Tetanus as needed. If those of us who have been vaccinated get the umps we will fight it off or die trying - as there really isn't a choice in the matter.

There was a compounding pharmacy in Massachusetts that did a bang-up bad jump of maintaining their quality control. Let's just say my husband had fits when the story started to break (he's anal beyond belief when it comes to his professional life and this one just killed him), and every time he heard about this place, he wanted to jump through the TV screen and strangle someone over it. They allowed contamination to get into what they were doing and it caused I think it was cortisone shots to start spreading fungal meningitis.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by saneguy

You likely probably don't also work in any capacity which would put you at especial risk of exposure to a disease. Most average people don't.

People who work in a medical field or in biosciences or who travel a lot are veritable pincushions.

edit on 26-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join