It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paint Thinner in Children's Cereal Exposed ... Title

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have to wonder what benefit TSP is when added to a breakfast cereal? Honest question for I can not fathom a reason for the addition ? Is their a cereal maker in the house ?

A lot of home builders and painters will know what trisodium phosphate (TSP) is. But a lot of them don't know that they eat it for breakfast!
Even though it appears right on the ingredients label, a lot of people don't realize it's an industrial cleaning agent. It gets worse (see below video), the government doesn't even want you to clean with it because it's considered bad for the environment. It's an okay part of a complete breakfast though!

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

727Sky
I have to wonder what benefit TSP is when added to a breakfast cereal? Honest question for I can not fathom a reason for the addition ? Is their a cereal maker in the house ?

Food Additive: antioxidant perhaps
:/

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

It sounds bad but it's not really, unless you eat it raw and in huge amounts.

Click me

Trisodium phosphate is not recognized as toxic to the human body. However, in its white, crystalline form, it can irritate your stomach lining, causing stomach pain and gastrointestinal upset. Avoid gastric mucosa irritation by taking trisodium phosphate as a buffered solution. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration considers trisodium phosphate -- together with disodium phosphate and sodium phosphate -- to be generally recognized as safe in foods. Sodium phosphate and disodium phosphate are approved for use in over-the-counter laxatives.

edit on 25-3-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Insane.

Yet another caustic chemical allowed into our food, and I'm sure it will remain in these cereals.

Unfotunately I will continue to eat things I can't pronounce, because...well...it tastes good.

S&F

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Not quite sure, but I believe that TSP is used to reduce acidity in food.
edit on 25-3-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Mianeye
reply to post by 727Sky

It sounds bad but it's not really, unless you eat it raw and in huge amounts.

From your link:

trisodium phosphate is no longer used in consumer soaps and detergents because of ecological concerns.

That's just as bad as it sounds. If it's capable of poisoning the environment, why would it be allowed into our food supply?

reply to post by sheepslayer247

Also from 727's link:

Trisodium phosphate is an approved food additive in the U.S., European Union and other countries of the world. The primary function of trisodium phosphate is acidity regulation. It is commonly present in dry, extruded cereals. Together with other phosphates, it modifies cereal color, aids the cereal's flow through the extruder and provides phosphorus fortification. Trisodium phosphate is also commonly present in cheese sauces as an emulsifier.

edit on 3/25/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

This is normal, unfortunately. Many, many food products have similar ingredients, like BHT and TBHQ, which from my understanding is a very close cousin to butane. YUM!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
At this point in time, I don't think it really matters why the FDA has approved it for adding to our food supply.
The fact that it's 'FDA approved' gives me NO comfort whatsoever.
Our entire food supply has and is being laced with toxic chemicals, in low enough doses to render them 'not harmful', except to 'susceptible' individuals.
Allergies are at an ever-increasing, unprecedented level. The human body is being over-whelmed with 'safe' chemicals, and it's only getting worse. Scientists aren't even sure what the long-term effect of some of these are, and yet they continue to feed them to us!
Insanity! Insanity, I say!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Soap and cleaner products comes in many forms and is used in VERY HUGE amounts, and in many cases the wast water is released directly in to nature.

Again we are talking the amount used, not the actual product.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Mianeye
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Soap and cleaner products comes in many forms and is used in VERY HUGE amounts, and in many cases the wast water is released directly in to nature.

Again we are talking the amount used, not the actual product.

That's actually a good point. Have to wonder how much is retained or passed by the kids who eat that stuff for breakfast everyday?

I remember the Chinese a while back who got overdosed with fluoride and all the problems that caused.. Our pro fluoride people say they were overdosed because of an inadequate regulatory industry (Chinese didn't know or care?) and nothing to worry about because our fluoride is regulated to only so many parts per million; perfectly safe.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

727Sky
That's actually a good point. Have to wonder how much is retained or passed by the kids who eat that stuff for breakfast everyday?

That's the part no one talks about. How long does this stuff linger in your system? Does it build up? I'm sure the "studies" haven't been over the lifetime of an individual.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They need to put that in everything to make shelf life go up which means more money through less wastage.

And they need to do that because all the smaller shops, local bakers, butchers and candlestick makers went out of bueniess when the supermarkets came knocking.

And since all the supermarket cares about is profit, they will use just about anything to make it happen, all at the expense of your health.

There might be not be anything wrong with the chemicals, but they just dont have to use them, if it gets past FDA, its going in your food.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Why would someone feed children that crap, regardless?
Feed the children real food, problem solved...
edit on 25-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by 727Sky

This is normal, unfortunately. Many, many food products have similar ingredients, like BHT and TBHQ, which from my understanding is a very close cousin to butane. YUM!

Not to forget Fluoride.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I just freaked out for a second.

My Cheerios says Tripotassium phosphate.

Phew, it is only used in mainly agricultural purposes such as fertilizers, and gasoline, and soaps.

Err, say what?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Don't they decaffeinate coffee with benzine? I think they wash the beans in it then rinse it off . But still can't be good for you can it ?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Paracelsus hit the nail on the head.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Is this going to be like that dumb Food Babe thing with Subway?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

"If someone tells you something's toxic but they don't tell you the dose, they're trying to deceive you".

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We eat sodium chloride every day, usually side by side with 1-[5-(1,3-Benzodioxol-5-yl)-1-oxo-2,4-pentadienyl]piperidine.

We also eat lots of α-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→2)-β-D-fructofuranoside.

Nasty sounding chemicals. The right dose of any of them can leave you quite sick or even kill you.

Sodium chloride is used to produce sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid, sodium sulphate, glass, dyes and many other substances.

1-[5-(1,3-Benzodioxol-5-yl)-1-oxo-2,4-pentadienyl]piperidine is an effective pesticide.

α-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→2)-β-D-fructofuranoside causes diabetes, gout, obesity and tooth decay.

They are salt, pepper and sugar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join