It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious object found on beach Maldives Baarah

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

civpop
It is on cnn now just seen this, its on cnn I report

Cnn I report link

About time....but that is still just the I report for CNN, not really being blasted out there for anyone to look at.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Problem solved.

Mianeye
It's made of metal and is round....Must be a bomb

It could be anything not related to anything, just junk.

I did find this picture of a fire extinguisher from plane toilets, same shape just missing the color.

And a drawing of Halon tanks in planes cargo holds.

And this one. Hinted by a post below

edit on 25-3-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2014 by CosmicEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEyes

Welcome to ATS. Did you have anything to add, other than quoting a complete post from someone else?

Curious what grabbed your attention in that post, to duplicate it here.

TIA...

Des

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive

smurfy

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Jukiodone

I genuinely dont get what the suspicion is with the whole event....looks like a plane went down over the sea...again statistically speaking, given pilot suicide or systems failures likelihood it is the most likely scenario.

...or they knew it was hi-jacked on day one and shot it out of the air to keep the on ground fatalities to a minimum. I don't believe any nation after 9/11 is going to allow a plane to be used as a missile again.

That to me is the most likely scenario and would explain all the runaround and confusion we've seen in the last weeks.

I would go some way with that, only by around 3.45 am they had to face the fact that there was a problem with the plane, but there is nothing to suggest that it had been hi-jacked at that time, or at that time they knew the plane was still flying, it was missing. The information of it being still in the air came much later. That's the sticking point, anytime between the sign off, and 3.45am is the only period to have knowledge of a hi-jack, and the only way to know in that scenario is that there was still some verbal contact to the plane that we have not been told about officially.
Given the amount of 'hams' around the world, I don't see that as being the case.

From what we know you're right but my thoughts are the Malaysian military knows more than they're saying. Much like on 9/11 there was radio silence and planes flying off course. They didn't telegraph their intentions then and now would be no different. Once this plane took that left turn and headed way off course I imagine the highest of officials were notified. Since they couldn't contact the plane next thing to do is intercept it. I think they gave the kill order and then kept everyone silent about it. This would put full blame on a hijacker either crashing the plane into the ocean or detonating a bomb on board. A government like Malaysia would be stupid to admit they shot the plane down since there were Chinese and Americans on board also. Imagine the stink that would cause for Malaysia.

My biggest question is why not crash the plane in the water your over at the time you cut off the transponder? Why take a strong left and crash it in another body of water hundreds of miles away? Unless crashing the plane into the water wasn't your target at all and the military cut you short of your intended target.

my theory is that he intended to or was being coerced by hijackers to crash it into Twin Towers.

They are called Petrona towers in Malaysia.Destroy one tower and the other will be destroyed.Malaysia is a moslom country.The pilot was moslom.The hijackers were moslom because of the stolen passports.

Has anyone seen the Petrona Towers.They are like the 9/11 twin towers.

i am convinced that a struggle with the hijackers may have caused loss of oxygen when they tried to get to crash into the towers.

i suggest american patriot missiles be put around tall buldings.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

tommyjo
reply to post by championoftruth

The Japanese currently operate the most rugged and proven search and rescue flying boat. Even they wouldn't consider operating it in such an unpredictable area. The conditions are far too variable and the risks too great. That is why the Japanese sent their P-3 Orions rather than their flying boats and the Chinese sent their IL-76s rather than their flying boats.

See section on following link on rough water operations.

Flying Boat link

Japanese flying boats

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Chinese

en.wikipedia.org...

if you are that scared you should never go near the water.i mean you might drown or get wet.

seriously the excuses are just ridiculous.i mean you have hundreds of boat in this DANGEROUS WEATHER there but for some strange reason a flying boat is so fragile it must stay in its hanger.

i mean as soon as you see a storm coming you take off.takes 30 seconds to be airborne.

so simple so easy.

link   

tommyjo

The Japanese currently operate the most rugged and proven search and rescue flying boat. Even they wouldn't consider operating it in such an unpredictable area. The conditions are far too variable and the risks too great. That is why the Japanese sent their P-3 Orions rather than their flying boats and the Chinese sent their IL-76s rather than their flying boats.

Flying Boat link

Japanese flying boats

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Chinese

en.wikipedia.org...

if you are that scared you should never go near the water.i mean you might drown or get wet.

seriously the excuses are just ridiculous.i mean you have hundreds of boat in this DANGEROUS WEATHER there but for some strange reason a flying boat is so fragile it must stay in its hanger.

i mean as soon as you see a storm coming you take off.takes 30 seconds to be airborne.

so simple so easy.

link   
I'm new. Still learning how this works.
I didn't mean to quote, next time will just reply.
But I'm glad to see you took the time to make ur sarcastic remark. What, ru ATS police?. Get a life mate!

reply to post by Destinyone

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If that's rust and corrosion that I see on the top left of that "valve" this is probably not from MH370.

Murgatroid
A couple better images of the object:

Source: vnews.mv...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

CosmicEyes
But I'm glad to see you took the time to make ur sarcastic remark. What, ru ATS police?. Get a life mate!

No, I'm not ATS police. I asked a question. What in that post, grabbed your attention, and what were your thoughts? I did also Welcome you in my reply, as I saw you were a new member.

Des

edit on 27-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

civpop
It is on cnn now just seen this, its on cnn I report

Cnn I report link

About time....but that is still just the I report for CNN, not really being blasted out there for anyone to look at.

CNN report is online alright Vasa, but that page will likely not get to a broadcast unless there is a big response. The last time I looked there were no responses. There is a section though where you can respond without a reply by just pressing a choice button. It has also been reported on a Huffington Post blog, whether that gets to the front page I don't know.
edit on 27-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My immediate thought is "who the # are you??"... But in reference to the initial quote my thoughts are the object is no mystery, it's a man made device, shown as self evident in those photos I re-quoted. Now relax mate!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

CosmicEyes

Relax brah we don't judge here... most of the time
Welcome to ats what are your thoughts on this metal ball on the beach?

Does anyone know if this thing has been tested yet? Is it sitting on the beach still? Any new pictures or info of what is or was inside it?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

That's actually a really good point. Technically speaking, if we were to figure out what kind of metal these are usually made of, then we would be able to estimate how long it would take to oxidize and rust.

Containers
Fire extinguisher containers (HRD bottles) store a liquid
halogenated extinguishing agent and pressurized gas
(typically nitrogen). They are normally manufactured from
stainless steel.

Source

So yeah.. If this thing was made out of stainless steel completely, its been in the water for a very long time.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

championoftruth

tommyjo

Flying Boat link

Japanese flying boats

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Chinese

en.wikipedia.org...

so simple so easy.

Have you ever been on a boat in really open ocean? Flying planes would not be able to handle this area. Not sure why this is so tough to understand.

The ships they have searching here are much larger than a flying boat and are made for this type of open ocean. It isn't about just a storm coming, these flying boats are not made to motor around for any extended period of time and definitely could not handle the swells this area sees on a regular basis. What are they supposed to do....take off and land in between each swell? Because I guarantee the first swell that was at least the height of the wings would sink a flying boat as it would crash on top of the wing and pull the flying boat to a watery grave. The reason REAL boats can handle it is because they have no wings protruding to be caught by a wave or swell. They simply roll with the swell or turn into it. good luck doing that on a flying boat.

The idea is a bad one and will not happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

zayonara
If that's rust and corrosion that I see on the top left of that "valve" this is probably not from MH370.

Murgatroid
A couple better images of the object:

Source: vnews.mv...

Looks more like a reflection of some of the wood beside it to me. That collar looks pretty polished so it would be reflective me thinks.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

That's actually a really good point. Technically speaking, if we were to figure out what kind of metal these are usually made of, then we would be able to estimate how long it would take to oxidize and rust.

Anyone have any idea?

If it is rust I don't see any issue with it having formed in the last couple weeks. Salt water and moist beach air will form rust on most any metal very quickly.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

Seek_Truth

Anyone have any idea?

If it is rust I don't see any issue with it having formed in the last couple weeks. Salt water and moist beach air will form rust on most any metal very quickly.

Not on stainless which is what these bottles are normally manufactured from.

ETA: If in fact the entire bottle and components are stainless.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

championoftruth

Vasa Croe

championoftruth

earthling42

The MNDF spokesperson major Hussein Ali reported that they are now looking into this "unknown" object that had washed up onto Baarah Island. He did not give details.

While some of the islanders speculate this unknown object to be a sea mine, others imagine it as another form of an explosive.

www.haveeru.com.mv...

Another photo of this object on this page
www.haveeru.com.mv...

This object is to small to be a sea mine, would it be related to the mystery of MH370? my guess is yes.
This object really looks like a fire extinguisher from a plane, Cargo area.
aae-ltd.com...
dc725.4shared.com...

the plane spots something the boats go there 2/3 days later and debris has moved on.

why are they not using hover craft or better still FLYING BOATS?

A flying boat is a plane that flies and can also go like a boat.look in google images.

invented last century.

also you can refuel them from any sea going ship.

so they can over large distances and go immediately to any debris.they can spot debris and land right next to it in the water.

at the moment you have the absurd situation a plane spots something but can't identify it or bring it on board.

by the the time the boats/ships gets there it has has drifted away.

what do you think and how can we inform the search people about this?

The seas in that area would be WAY too rough to land one of those, let alone have it sit there through large swells. We would be dealing with multiple sunken flying boats if this was tried. They are made for mostly calm waters.

And a hovercraft would have the same ability as a normal boat to get there, so why use a hovercraft?
edit on 3/26/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

i am afraid your talking nonsense.have you seen SAILBOATS and Yachts being navigated in the aussie races through high winds/waves and your telling me a powered flying boat is going to be overwhelmed by a crummy wave or sea swell?

i think you better go to wikipedia and get some FRESH info about flying boats.

they really are tough and you can't sink them easily as you claim.

how many flying boats have sunk?

tell us.

Ok Genius....if you are going to be a smarta$$ then please let me know when all the military decision makers give you a call and tell you that you were right and they are going to use flying boats for this operation. Do you really think you have just single handedly come up with an idea that will make the recovery effort work? NO....the reason they are not using them is that they can't handle the seas here.

How would I know how many flying boats have sunk? Can you provide a link or pics to one that has encountered conditions such as the ones in the current search and made it? NO because nobody would be STUPID enough to try it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Stainless steel can rust too. Especially in a harsh environment. The overall condition of the sphere is too nice for this to be at sea for more than a few weeks. I say it's highly likely this is a HALON sphere from a passenger jet.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

zayonara

Yeah, not to burst anyone's bubble, but there is a substantial amount of corrosion on that vessel; zoom in on the skin and notice the pitting and cracking. And worse, on the lower-right, it looks as though the skin was eaten through, with some discolorations around it, that suggest it was breaking down from the inside. I can't imagine it being in that condition inside a flying a/c.

Hopefully, when they clean(ed) it off, they'll be a stamped part number that can be used to determine what it is, and what vessels might have such a container on-board, and perhaps hazard a guess as to its provenance.

My lottery pick is its from the B-1 lost in the area a number of years ago - very small chance, but better than it being from MH370.

IMO, of course.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join