It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious object found on beach Maldives Baarah

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It looks like these Boeing 777-200s might use Pacific Scientific fire extinguishers. Of course, it might be random trash or from another plane.

They seem to have several different kinds, but not many images of them. GIS for "Pacific Scientific fire extinguisher" gives various types, but no concrete hits. Others earlier in the thread said these are Halon types, but removing that from the search terms seems to yield better results.

Other possible aircraft fire system manufactures seem to include:

Scott Aviation / AVOX Systems, B/E Aerospace / Puritan Bennett, Sky Ox, Robertshaw, Adams Rite Aerospace, Kidde Aerospace, Kidde Graviner, HTL / Pacific Scientific, Amerex, Ansul, Buckeye

...and probably others that this company doesn't deal with. Maybe it'd help track this thing down, though. I wonder if contacting these manufacturers directly would be productive?
edit on 16Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:24:12 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wonder whats inside...

Obviously it looks like a Halon container but would the absence of it's contents reveal any clues?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

CaptainBeno
reply to post by smurfy

This is a fire extinguisher fitted to Boeing aircraft.

You can blatantly see the strap marks. The ports. etc etc.

What is quite amazing is, no one has mentioned the dark discoloration around the bottom of the bottle. (I.e Fire)

And also no one has mentioned the missing red sticker service tag.

Yes, I just added a schematic from Boeing, and I was just about to edit again to add that, if you look very close at the very top of Murgatroid's first picture , there appears to be wiring burnt.
edit on 26-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Bingo!

So it appears to have been used and possibly empty (Hence floating).

You are right.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Could have been planted there.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The various pics provided of Halon fire suppression systems have a number of differences from the object found on the beach (2 large protrusions rather than 1 for e.g)

Given A: the amount of waste dumped illegally in the Ocean and B: the size of the Ocean around the Maldives I would suggest that the statistical chance of this being from flight MH370 being somewhere in a single digit percentile (i.e not very likely).

If this does indeed turn out to be part of flight MH370 this will be by far the most conclusive evidence of shennagins in this otherwise none conspiratorial story as the Maldives beach to Ocean ratio is far too small for it to randomly appear AND be found before it got washed away again.

I genuinely dont get what the suspicion is with the whole event....looks like a plane went down over the sea...again statistically speaking, given pilot suicide or systems failures likelihood it is the most likely scenario.

Edit: Excellent work in a possible identification as although not exact...it wouldnt suprise me if it were from another junked plane/fire suppression system.

edit on 26-3-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

I genuinely dont get what the suspicion is with the whole event....looks like a plane went down over the sea...again statistically speaking, given pilot suicide or systems failures likelihood it is the most likely scenario.

...or they knew it was hi-jacked on day one and shot it out of the air to keep the on ground fatalities to a minimum. I don't believe any nation after 9/11 is going to allow a plane to be used as a missile again.

That to me is the most likely scenario and would explain all the runaround and confusion we've seen in the last weeks.
edit on 26-3-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

They make it seem like the pilot committed suicide and dragged 238 people along in his dead.
I really want to see this plane found so evidence can make clear what happened.
Either he committed suicide, or the plane got damaged causing it to crash.
Now a man who has kids and did his job is blamed for the dead of 238 people by supposedly committing suicide.

If the plane was damaged somehow, by a fire or a malfunction, there is something to learn from it too by finding this plane.
To me it is more likely that something happened to that plane.
edit on 26-3-2014 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Looks like something off a spacecraft. a hydrogen cell or something.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Jukiodone
The various pics provided of Halon fire suppression systems have a number of differences from the object found on the beach (2 large protrusions rather than 1 for e.g)

edit on 26-3-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

It's looks like the 'Little tank' led a sheltered life until fairly recently though doesn't it? and statistically speaking, [pilot suicide] is somewhere in a Pi calculation.
Not that you can rule anything out of course.. just that's it's not a meaningful statistic, in fact, any meaningful statistic on aircraft mishap is pilot error as we are so often told, and with all the appended caveats, until perhaps the next millenium. As for protusions, sticky-up things have a bad habit of getting bug...ered in a bad situation, just like in one of the pictures, but they do leave signs that they were there, just like in one of the pictures.
edit on 26-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherMayEye

Everything about this plane seems like a distraction.

But this is a good find, can't wait to see what the serial numbers say.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Great find.....+S&F!

This fits well with an electrical fire while the plane was still flying eastward, possibly causing the gradual loss off communications and other electrical systems and a build up of toxic fumes. The crew would be forced to take desperate steps, like reversing course to alert ground control that they have a serious problem and climbing to maximum altitude in an attempt to extinguish the flames.....They were presumably overcome by fumes or hypoxia and the aircraft flew on until the fire caused a critical systems failure or the fuel ran out.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Agent008
reply to post by MotherMayEye

Everything about this plane seems like a distraction.

But this is a good find, can't wait to see what the serial numbers say.

If it belongs to MH370, then this is how the made up story was scripted to go and this thread stinks.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

A high dive is almost certain given the witnesses who testified that they had seen a jet flying very low towards Bachok.
So it could well be that something happened which forced them to fly on a lower and safe altitude.

Maybe they wanted to land but were not able to do so because of limited control.
So they flew until they run out of fuel.
Speculation

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive

...or they knew it was hi-jacked on day one and shot it out of the air to keep the on ground fatalities to a minimum. I don't believe any nation after 9/11 is going to allow a plane to be used as a missile again.

That to me is the most likely scenario and would explain all the runaround and confusion we've seen in the last weeks.

I would go some way with that, only by around 3.45 am they had to face the fact that there was a problem with the plane, but there is nothing to suggest that it had been hi-jacked at that time, or at that time they knew the plane was still flying, it was missing. The information of it being still in the air came much later. That's the sticking point, anytime between the sign off, and 3.45am is the only period to have knowledge of a hi-jack, and the only way to know in that scenario is that there was still some verbal contact to the plane that we have not been told about officially.
Given the amount of 'hams' around the world, I don't see that as being the case.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm just surprised CNN hasn't jumped on this story. They could wring another weeks worth of 24/7 coverage out of it alone.

Des

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Christ yeah, look at our news over here in Aus.....

This is the latest crap.

Crucial black box data from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have been erased

www.news.com.au... y-fnizu68q-1226866095474

Translation: Yeah, we pretty much gonna make you think that so we don't have to fish a black box out of the soup. Meh!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

smurfy

TheLieWeLive

I would go some way with that, only by around 3.45 am they had to face the fact that there was a problem with the plane, but there is nothing to suggest that it had been hi-jacked at that time, or at that time they knew the plane was still flying, it was missing. The information of it being still in the air came much later. That's the sticking point, anytime between the sign off, and 3.45am is the only period to have knowledge of a hi-jack, and the only way to know in that scenario is that there was still some verbal contact to the plane that we have not been told about officially.
Given the amount of 'hams' around the world, I don't see that as being the case.

From what we know you're right but my thoughts are the Malaysian military knows more than they're saying. Much like on 9/11 there was radio silence and planes flying off course. They didn't telegraph their intentions then and now would be no different. Once this plane took that left turn and headed way off course I imagine the highest of officials were notified. Since they couldn't contact the plane next thing to do is intercept it. I think they gave the kill order and then kept everyone silent about it. This would put full blame on a hijacker either crashing the plane into the ocean or detonating a bomb on board. A government like Malaysia would be stupid to admit they shot the plane down since there were Chinese and Americans on board also. Imagine the stink that would cause for Malaysia.

My biggest question is why not crash the plane in the water your over at the time you cut off the transponder? Why take a strong left and crash it in another body of water hundreds of miles away? Unless crashing the plane into the water wasn't your target at all and the military cut you short of your intended target.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

earthling42
reply to post by squarehead666

Maybe they wanted to land but were not able to do so because of limited control.
So they flew until they run out of fuel.
Speculation

nah that really doesn't cut it. they could try for a water landing. i mean what would you do? take a chance at landing/surviving no mater how small a chance it might be with partial control. or just fly till you run out of fuel, decreasing control even more and making chance of survival even less?

A high dive is almost certain given the witnesses who testified that they had seen a jet flying very low towards Bachok.
So it could well be that something happened which forced them to fly on a lower and safe altitude.

how can you do a "high dive" if already flying low? i'm confused. a lower altitude is not a safe altitude. not only doe it take more fuel, but harder to control with no margin for error. any tiny mistake and that is it, with more altitude you have time to "fix" things. and you can still fly fairly high without oxygen.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

The Japanese currently operate the most rugged and proven search and rescue flying boat. Even they wouldn't consider operating it in such an unpredictable area. The conditions are far too variable and the risks too great. That is why the Japanese sent their P-3 Orions rather than their flying boats and the Chinese sent their IL-76s rather than their flying boats.

See section on following link on rough water operations.

Flying Boat link

Japanese flying boats

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Chinese

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join