It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology in the Bible: The Twelve Tribes of Israel (The Gamma Thread)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here's the next thread about astrology in the Bible that I promised. This is a topic that I first started seriously researching about a year ago. It has to do with the twelve tribes of Israel as mentioned in Genesis 49 having an exact correspondence to the twelve signs of the Zodiac.

Many years ago, I had toyed around with the idea of whether the twelve tribes of Israel had an association with the twelve signs of the Zodiac. At that time, I wasn't a serious researcher, so it's no surprise that nothing jumped out at me. Then recently, I was reading a popular conspiracy book that many users on this site may be familiar with. That book mentioned this idea, and referenced a book that made my head spin. That said, I found some slight inconsistencies that I'm surprised the author didn't catch. Luckily enough, I was able to fill in the blanks. So, let's get started!

Note: The order of this list is in the order of Genesis 49. This is not the order of the zodiac. The order of the zodiac is usually Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.

Ephraim and Manasseh: Ephraim and Manasseh were the hardest ones to figure out. Dyott Thompson has no information about these two. However, ingenuity helped me figure it out. Joseph, being the spiritual archetype in Genesis, leads me to believe that Ephraim and Manasseh collectively represent Pisces (Ephraim and Manasseh are his sons). Pisces is usually stated to represent deep mysticism. Pisces is also a dual sign that shows one fish swimming in one direction, and the other fish swimming in the other direction, hence the two in one.

Reuben: With recklessness like turbulent waters, you will not excel, because you have gone up to your father's bed. At that time you defiled (or profaned) my bed. He actually went on to it! (Genesis 49:4) Reuben is mentioned here in Genesis as doing something relatively odd, which is incest. It was incest with his father's concubine (not his mother), but incest nonetheless. That leads me to believe that Reuben is Aquarius. Aquarius is usually said to be visionary, or eccentric. The mad scientist.

Simeon and Levi: Simeon and Levi are brothers. Instruments of violence are their slaughter weapons. Into their company do not come, O my soul. With their assembly do not join, O my honor, because in their anger they killed men, and for their pleasure they hamstrung bulls. Cursed be their anger, because it is cruel, and their fury, because it is harsh. Let me disperse them in Jacob, and let me scatter them in Israel. (Genesis 49:5-7) Israel (the one here giving the blessing or the curse to his sons) is mentioning the slaughter of the Canaanites that Simeon and Levi schemed up after the son of the Canaanite chieftain apparently raped Dinah, their sister. The act of cunning involved in this act leads me to believe that Simeon and Levi represent Gemini. Gemini, or the Twins, is usually said to represent the characteristics of clever ability or, street-smarts.

Judah: Judah is a lion cub. From the prey, my son, you will certainly go up. He has crouched down and stretched himself out like a lion, and like a lion, who dares rouse him? (Genesis 49:9) Judah, the claimed direct ancestor of Jesus Christ, is obviously Leo, the lion.

Zebulun: Zebulun will reside by the seashore, by the shore where the ships lie anchored, and his remote border will be toward Sidon. (Genesis 49:13) Since Zebulun is given the blessing of the sea, Dyott Thompson states that Zebulun is Capricorn, or, the sea-goat.

Issachar: Issachar is a strong-boned donkey, lying down between the two saddlebags. And he will see that the resting-place is good and that the land is pleasant. He will bend his shoulder to bear the burden and will submit to forced labor. (Genesis 49:14, 15) Issachar is sort of an unusual one in that while it should represent Cancer, the ancient Hebrews had the constellation of the crab as one that was represented by a donkey. Interestingly enough, the mention of a good resting-place and Issachar being a hard worker (Cancer represents home and, secondarily, money) are characteristics of Cancer. That may or may not be a coincidence. I'm not sure about that.

Dan: Let Dan be a serpent by the roadside, a horned snake beside the path, that bites the heels of the horse so that its rider falls backward. (Genesis 49:17) The ancients many times represent the sign of Scorpio with the serpent. Dan is easily, Scorpio.

Gad: As for Gad, a marauder band will raid him, but he will raid at their heels. (Genesis 49:19) Gad being described as a warrior is typical of Aries, which is often described as impulsive and direct in approach.

Asher: Asher’s bread will be abundant, and he will provide food fit for a king. (Genesis 49:20) Linda Goodman states in her book Sun Signs that Taurus has excellent digestion. I would have to give Asher to Taurus.

Naphtali: Naphtali is a slender doe. He is speaking words of elegance. (Genesis 49:21) There is an obvious association here with Mercury's gift of speech. Virgo is ruled by the planet Mercury (with Gemini). Therefore, Naphtali goes to Virgo.

Joseph: Joseph was another hard one to figure out. Since Joseph is typically represented in the book of Genesis as somewhat of a peacemaker, I would give him the sign of Libra, which is usually said to represent the concept of harmony.

Benjamin: Benjamin will keep on tearing like a wolf. In the morning he will eat the prey, and in the evening he will divide spoil. (Genesis 49:27) Benjamin's description of being a hunter, like a wolf, makes me think that Benjamin is Sagittarius (the archer with the bow and arrow that hunts). I think that Dyott Thompson is in agreement as well.

I realize that this seems like a whole lot of independent research. That said, this is very far from being speculative. Any serious astrologer will at the drop of a hat verify what I've said. I recommend doing extensive research so that you can verify this information. It sounds easier than it looks. That kind of research comes through years of study. This is more evidence that astrology is in the Bible.

Partial reconstruction of the zodiacal correspondences based on Arthur Dyott Thompson's, On Mankind: Their Origin and Destiny. There was an entry in Google Books, but I couldn't find a link anymore. Sorry!
edit on bTue, 25 Mar 2014 18:24:23 -0500pm83America/Chicago3pmTuesday25America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: spacing

edit on bTue, 25 Mar 2014 18:46:42 -0500pm83America/Chicago3pmTuesday25America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: bad grammar

edit on bTue, 25 Mar 2014 19:32:11 -0500pm83America/Chicago3pmTuesday25America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

So are you saying that these individuals did not exist?

All i see is attributes of individuals compared with attributes of star signs.... am i missing something?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

I'm not saying that they existed or did not exist. I'm just saying that they have an exact relationship to the zodiac. I wasn't there, so I'm not going to claim that I know. I hope this answers your question.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

combatmaster

So are you saying that these individuals did not exist?

All i see is attributes of individuals compared with attributes of star signs.... am i missing something?

Personally, I think it's a little of of both. I can imagine a clan of people sitting around looking at the stars and seeing pictures and retelling and making up stories to match the pictures in the stars and the movements of the planets.

"There's you grandfather, Scholo, charging the lion......." etc.....

edit on 25-3-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

I see the point of your post now. I think that most religionists would have you believe that in no way does the Bible condone astrology. But here is evidence that not only does the Bible condone astrology, but that the Bible actually contains subtle to overt (depending on your perspective and level of astrological expertise) allusions to astrology.

edit on bTue, 25 Mar 2014 18:40:16 -0500pm83America/Chicago3pmTuesday25America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I actually hold a belief, that is not completely related to this thread, that our ancestors lived closer to a golden age. Therefore, the situations that happened at that time would seem magical to us, because they (our ancestors) were closer to perfection at that time. And so it's difficult to say whether one thing was the cause or the effect. I'm not sure if I'm being clear.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
How does the notion that the twelve tribes of Israel pre-dates the creation of the symbols of the Zodiac by several centuries weigh in on your theory?

Genesis dates from 700BC - 1500BC, depending on the section; the twelve symbols of the Zodiac were developed by the Babylonians in 700BC - 600BC.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
yeah there are constellations mentioned many times, particularly as a device for prophecy. however, instead of the stars telling some potential future, they act as a timeframe marker, since they appear with scheduled regularity.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

This article states a much earlier time than that which you say:

History of Astrology -- Wikipedia

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I think that you're confusing "astrology" with "The Zodiac". See: The Zodiac.

The concept of the zodiac has been around for centuries and was developed during the Babylonians probably during the seventh century BC. According to the Babylonian calendar, each constellation stood for a month.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

The date for the zodiac in your quote and link is a theory rather than fact. I personally believe that the zodiac is much older than that. I at least admit that mine is just a belief, with all due respect.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

@ brazenalderpadrescorpio... It has to do with the twelve tribes of Israel as mentioned in Genesis 49 having an exact correspondence to the twelve signs of the Zodiac.

''Exact correspondence''? Only if you skew things enough to fit what you think it should fit. For example,.Zebulon lives near the sea, therefore he represents a ''water goat'', of all things.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You're picking apart one thing and not seeing the truth of its compositeness. Zebulun being represented by Capricorn doesn't simply work in isolation. I would recommend you do research before picking things like that apart.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You have an interesting theory, but what other biblical evidence do you have to support the idea that the 12 tribes of Israel directly correspond to the Zodiac?

The bible mentions mazaroth and various constellations in passing, but the bible also warns against the worship of the stars. Where is the line drawn for you?

I have read about the "gospel in the stars" idea, and I suppose there may be some truth to it. Since the stars declare God's glory, perhaps the Zodiac actually delivered a pre-Torah age message. From where do you draw your definitions or symbolism for each Zodiac? I believe modern astrology is corrupted, so for this to be true, there must be a much deeper and more obvious biblical connection.

I personally analyze the numerological patterns of prophecy and the Hebrew and Greek syllable metering, so I am asking these questions with an open mind.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

To be honest with you, if you are not convinced with the evidence that I've already presented, you're going to be on the fence no matter if I'm able to show you more evidence.

I've heard of the gospel of the stars idea that you mentioned since some years back, but that concept doesn't hold water for me because of one main idea. And that is because the Bible explicitly condemns astrology with the Mosaic law. So the fact that there are subtle allusions to the zodiacal correspondences that I've mentioned, and that there are overt condemnations of astrology elsewhere in the Bible to me is clear evidence that the Bible has been edited.

I hope this helps.

ETA: And to answer one of your questions, I believe that true spirituality comes from within, not from a Bible. Don't get me wrong, I've met many sincere Christians, but I think that Christians are not opening themselves to their true potential because of their staunch belief in the Bible.
edit on bWed, 26 Mar 2014 05:33:56 -0500am84America/Chicago3amWednesday26America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Notice Reuben as Min, dominated by his phallus, went into his father's house(wife/temple). I agree with you there. Judah, yep, Dan, yep. I have Ephraim as a bull. His name means double ash heap, or fruitful

Ephraim (H669) stems from: Dual of (H672) Ephraath (ash heap or fruitful), which is another name for Bethlehem, the House of Bread (Temple of Bread of Heaven, as Mary and Joseph must travel there to birth the Sun of God, the Bread of Heaven). This is where Rachel died to give birth to Benjamin (son of my Right hand, and the tribal territory where the temple is built), this is a type of the birth of the Son of God, and the birthing of the Son of God IN US, which happens when the veil is torn. Dying to the flesh to live to Christ.

Ephraath stems from: H6509 Parah A-P-R-H (fruitful) this is the word in Genesis be fruitful and multiply. It has a meaning of "to bear" or something that bears a burden, like a beast of burden. Or as a branch that bears fruit.

H6510 is Parah, P-R-H (Cow/Heifer) same words different vowel points (which are very late additions to the language), so they are IMO the same, or have some link that we probably don't understand because our thought process is so different (Horse and Swallow are the same root word with the concept of 'swift').

H6499 is Par, P-R (Bull)

H6091 is Epher, Ayin-P-R (Instead of Aleph-P-R above) Means (Calf) this is a word play between the two they sound very similar.

The Apis Bull: www.britannica.com...

The cult of Apis originated at least as early as the 1st dynasty (c. 2925–c. 2775 bce). Like other bull deities, Apis was probably at first a fertility god concerned with the propagation of grain and herds, but he became associated with Ptah, the paramount deity of the Memphite area, and also with Osiris (as User-Hapi) and Sokaris, gods of the dead and of the underworld. As Apis-Atum he was associated with the solar cult and was often represented with the sun-disk between his horns.

Here is an ancient connection between Bull and fruitful (grain is referred to as fruit, as in first fruits ceremonies, there is a Zulu ceremony of the first fruits where they tear apart a bull, and eat the first fruits of the harvest)

Also the word fruitful is connected with Branch, which is a word for the Son of God. Check out this entry on the Apis

www.touregypt.net... When an Apis Bull was born, it was said to be the son of god. It was conceived by lightning or by rays from the moon.

See Sig Banner for the context of all this

edit on 26 3 2014 by zardust because: added H6091

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zardust

I like your post. However you may not be aware that I have another thread about the four living creatures. Your post may have been a better fit there. But I enjoyed your post nonetheless. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n - ''Exact correspondence''? Only if you skew things enough to fit what you think it should fit. For example,.Zebulon lives near the sea, therefore he represents a ''water goat'', of all things.

You're picking apart one thing and not seeing the truth of its compositeness.

Eh, but thats the kind of reasoning you used in your post.
I'm looking at the whole thing. It's those who are looking for "parallels" between Astrology and the Bible who are just picking things and jumping to conclusions.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The two are pretty linked IMO because the Cherubim/Sphinx are a symbol for the whole zodiac. The cherubim representing the 4 cardinal points, and surrounding the Tabernacle. The Sphinx representing Virgo--Leo, a full cycle (or is it the other way?).

Great thread (s) anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
o Psa 104:19 He Appointed the Moon for Moedim: the sun knoweth his going down.
Moedim - appointed times, meetings, feast, congregation

The diameter of The MOON is 2159.14062 miles.. the verse number of the scriptures consecutive by miles from Genesis 1:1 that this number lands in, Is >

The 2160th vs. Exodus 23:15Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread: (thou shalt eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded thee, in the time Appointed of Chodesh-New Moon Abib; for in it thou camest out from mitsrayim: and none shall appear before Me empty

o The circumference of the EARTH north to south through the poles is 24,859.82 miles, the verse number that this number lands in, is

The 24860th vs. Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the Whole EARTH/Ghay until the ninth hour.

23:15 > Unleavened Bread > Chodesh - New Moon
15:33 > This verse Occurred on Passover >upon Eretz Earth

The diameter of the moon without the decimal cyclical through the 31,102 verses in the scriptures

215914062/31102 ~ 3978th vs. Numbers 9:12
They shall leave none of it unto the Morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the Passover they shall keep it.

and the same with the circumference of the earth

2485982/31102 ~ 28924th vs. 2 Corinthians 7:7
And not by his coming only, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your Mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the More.

9:12 > Passover, Morning
7:7 > Mourning- More

At its nearest point on the ellipse of the earth's orbit around the sun, the earth was 91,445,000 miles or (147,166,462 km) perihelion on 1/3/2014

91,445,000 miles is 2940*31102 + 5120th vs. Deu 7:8But because YHWH loved you, and because HE would keep the oath which HE had sworn unto your fathers, hath YHWH brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of mitsrayim

147,166,462 km is 4731*31102 + 22,900th vs. Zec 1:21 Then said I, What come these to do? And HE spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the nations, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.

The earth will be farthest away from the sun on 7/4/14 aphelion, when it will be 94,555,000 miles or (152,171,522 km) from the sun

94,555,000 miles is 3040*31102 + 4920th vs. Deu 1:27 And ye murmured in your tents, and said, Because YHWH hated us, he hath brought us forth out of the land of mitsrayim , to deliver us into the hand of the amorites, to destroy us.

152,171,522 km is 4892*31102 + 20538th vs. Eze 4:8 And, behold, I will lay bands upon thee, and thou shalt not turn thee from one side to another, till thou hast ended the days of thy siege.

The distance difference in miles perihelion to aphelion is 3110000 miles 99*31102 + 30902nd vs. Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

The difference distance in km perihelion to aphelion is 5005060 km
160*31102 + 28740th vs. 1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

edit on 26-3-2014 by 232Gem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join