It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-'gay' exorcism probed as hate crime??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am not really sure what to think of this one, I mean damage to the chursh was not a good thing and it seems that someone is taking things a bit far imho.

Thousands of dollars damage done to church, homosexual communion said to be concern
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 24, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

Police in Minnesota are investigating an informal exorcism aimed at homosexual Catholics as a possible hate crime, after thousands of dollars damage was done to a local church.

The informal exorcism at the Cathedral of St. Paul this month left oil and salt all over the house of worship, and cleanup crews reportedly worked three days to remove the damage, scouring doors, steps and boxes.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well, it seems fairly obvious that homosexuality isn't caused by Satanic possession. A questionable lifestlye choice, perhaps (if it even is a "choice), but hardly the work of the devil.

Not much point in an exorcism, then...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I am not really sure what to think of this one,

What part are you having a problem with?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Seems pretty standard to me.

Just an excorcism to loosen the devils steely grip on those dang'ed homosexuals.

"HOMO-GAY BEGONE, BEGONE!!!"

Yup.
Good for them.

/sarcasm

[Edited on 25-11-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Originally posted by edsinger
I am not really sure what to think of this one,

What part are you having a problem with?

The exorcising inside of a Church, I do not see the logic in this at all. I do believe in satanic possession, but this just seems to reek of publicity.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
well, if you believe in satanic possession, then why not exorcism? They are both parts of the same dogma, are they not?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The church seems to think an exorcism is in order also if you: drink, lie, cheat or steal. They call it demonic possesion. This doesnt surprise me.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The church seems to think an exorcism is in order also if you: drink, lie, cheat or steal. They call it demonic possesion. This doesnt surprise me.

That is patently untrue.

EOD

I was confused, at first, with the headline. I originally thought that someone was protesting an exorcism performed on a homosexual. But the issue is, fringe groups have protested homosexuals receiving communion, and wated to make the church 'clean' again by 'exorcising' the church with the oil and salt.

The perpetrators were obviously members of the parish. They should be publicly identified during the sermon and then given the chance to either make amends for their deeds, or banished from the church.

Religion does wacky things to people.

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join