It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New social sharing widget on ATS -- look to the right

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

what on earth is a snoo? lol

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you. ATS is the extent of my social networking... Everyone else in my life I just call. On the phone. Or stop by their house to visit. I'm weird.

Now, if you had an eBay icon and you wanted us to start trying to sell you, then I can help with that.

edit on 26-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

Thank you. ATS is the extent of my social networking... Everyone else in my life I just call. On the phone. Or stop by their house to visit. I'm weird.

Absolutely agree with that, I think there are very few left like that.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Skeptic Overlord,

Even though you've only got the tab on the first page, it still makes reading on your phone extremely difficult and off-putting task.
Can't you, as others suggested, just have an arrow or something to click on to expand the social network tab? Or an option to make invisible.
Otherwise every single thread you read will be inhibited and blocked and will probably limit your activity in threads as the first page is the one that sets out the thread.

Can you place it along the top where the other buttons are?
There are several more user friendly ways it could be done and would not impact readers ability.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

All joking aside, having it on just the first page is not a solution or compromise for me unless maybe it was horizontally across the top. This thing covers the part of the title/text/content and the search/mail reply buttons for me, so I guess I know what my options are now.

Bad UI is bad UI. And covering your main content for the sake of "sharing" is bad UI. I guess I just don't understand why something that is optional and what the majority here don't and probably won't use has to be so obtrusive, on this of all sites. It's not on other sites.

A fly out menu is basic and easy. And it could preserve your mobile availability too.

Anyway, thanks for even attempting to compromise.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have no idea what it is as Ghostery asked me if I wanted to block it. Since I don't use social media I presume don't want it.

For those others who don't want it, Ghostery seems to work.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

It's "off" until you use it.

As others have previously said, it is NOT off until you use it. It is in fact very much annoyingly on.
(Unless you're using a definition of the word "off" that you've just invented for yourself)

edit on 26-3-2014 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just tried it out, and Love it! Better than copy/paste every time I want to share a thread. Sorry it doesn't work on mobile though because that is primarily how I browse the site. I will have to use the laptop just for re-posting, but I can live with that. Thanks Skeptic.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I understand some people use it. I don't.

But what is annoying is that when I'm looking at ATS on my mobile double tap zooms in on the text so it is from edge to edge. But now it is hidden behind that widget.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
EDIT: Skype isn't on here, and I got rid of it once I cleared and turned off the computer. The only thing that could have happened is I clicked of Facebook share, just to see if I could share things, and it asked me to sign in and give a password. I got out of there toots sweet, and then suddenly the Skype thing began appearing on my pages, the computer slowed down, etc.. Does Skype load automatically when someone clicks on Facebook? I can think of no other explanation.

EDIT TWO: But I still have Skype loaded onto my computer, hopefully I can shake it.

edit on 26-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Danke Schoen! Nukes have been withdrawn.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Aleister
EDIT: Skype isn't on here, and I got rid of it once I cleared and turned off the computer. The only thing that could have happened is I clicked of Facebook share, just to see if I could share things, and it asked me to sign in and give a password. I got out of there toots sweet, and then suddenly the Skype thing began appearing on my pages, the computer slowed down, etc.. Does Skype load automatically when someone clicks on Facebook? I can think of no other explanation.

EDIT TWO: But I still have Skype loaded onto my computer, hopefully I can shake it.

Don't worry about it too much, it's only one of the NSA's automatic quantum systems kicking in. It slow...w...w...s things down.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It still appears on the first page of threads and blocks the text preventing people from reading the thread.
Is this going to be rectified? it actually blocks, covers, hides - text. you cannot read the thread?
Are you working on fixing this, please let me know?
edit on 26-3-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Show/hide wasn't so easy. But now it only shows on the first page of threads -- which is where it makes the most sense.

Thanks that makes more sense Skeptic.. I have an idea though!

Below the main menu bar we already have twitter, FB, RS feeds etc, Would it not be a good idea
to just incorporate more buttons along that line below the main menu?
Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Don't we already have this feature anyway? Its along the top by the search tab?
Can it not be incorporated with that?
I just checked and it really is an issue on phones, not on laptop/desktop but on mobile devices it actually covers the text on the right hand side making reading the thread impossible.

I'm sure SO is working on it, he's usually on the ball with this stuff

edit on 26/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Thanks for removing it on mobile!

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I chose a dark background for my eyes, but now this new share bar is white.

Have you considered making it dark with the theme option? I'd fully appreciate it more if it did not clash so badly.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Hey SO!

I wrote a whole load of stuff and deleted it, coz who cares to read what I think? here's two suggestions.

It could go under the 'home' button? in line with the ATS links to the right (twitter, facebook, youtube, etc).
or,
What if it was placed under the opening post? (I think that would be radical and not quite as obtrusive.)

Things n stuff
Aweh breh

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join