It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New social sharing widget on ATS -- look to the right

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i don't mind it, but a simple 'click to expand' share button, which reveals/hides the icons, would suit most here better i think.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

madmac5150
For anyone out there using "Ghostery" it will block it... won't even appear on the page. Of course, if you want to use it, it will have to be unblocked in your "Ghostery" settings...

Using Ghostery on ATS is like drinking at work. You might do it...but don't tell anyone about it.
Its against TAC's.

ATS is actually one of the very few sites I have compltely unblocked, even with NoScript. I get no pop ups or ads or anything, though. So they make it really easy for me.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for the tip! Must have clicked that by mistake...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I understand that ATS doesn't allow addblock; but if Ghostery is against T&C Then I'l do some serious eyebrow frowning. IF and when i'm being tracked I'd like to know who.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

I dunno...i disabled ghostery for some reason. On noscript there is a script for "sharethis" that is likely what is running the little flag. I am unsure how that particular site is tracking you.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

madmac5150
For anyone out there using "Ghostery" it will block it... won't even appear on the page. Of course, if you want to use it, it will have to be unblocked in your "Ghostery" settings...

Using Ghostery on ATS is like drinking at work. You might do it...but don't tell anyone about it.
Its against TAC's.

ATS is actually one of the very few sites I have compltely unblocked, even with NoScript. I get no pop ups or ads or anything, though. So they make it really easy for me.

Never actually stated that I used it... I stated that if one does use Ghostery the app will be blocked...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Retroactive denial

After my initial agonizing about it for few minutes, I hardly notice and know it's there now...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by madmac5150

Retroactive denial

After my initial agonizing about it for few minutes, I hardly notice and know it's there now...

Yeah... took that one straight from the government's playbook

Nothing to see here... move along...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
thank you for the new social thingy, it is awesome

edit on 063131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i started a new thread after using the worthless search feature, then after posting i saw this thread in the recent post page.
so i will post here.

just now i had a social media tool bar that pops up in a thread. never seen it before and it does it in any thread i open.
that's something i don't wont annoying me, i mean you got them across the top, and adds running all over the page.
why do you need something else that's trendy? i stayed and toughed it out after the god awful switch, but to add that it's kinda going over the top. i always thought that the old version was a much sleeker look. now adding this is just going over the top.

is there at least away to turn it off

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ah HA Ha she's banned
(again)

On Topic..
I have no intentions of sharing anything i do here on social media, so for me
I request the ability to turn of the Social media sharing bar.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

rigel4
I request the ability to turn of the Social media sharing bar.

It's "off" until you use it.

I'm looking at a couple options to hide the buttons.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think it's an excellent idea, SkepticOverlord
Hope you can get it plugged-in so most are comfortable with the change/s.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thanks Skeptic
edit on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 18:55:04 -0500556America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Hello So,

I would like to say that I do appreciate you adding the option to share threads on the social media sites.

There are many stories that I would like to share with my friends.

But I am finding it diffecult to get use to on my phone. In my opinion it seems to be taking up too much space and I keep accidently tapping the icons.

Is there possibly a way to maybe move it up by the thread tirles or something?

Like I said I do like the idea of being able to share threads with my friends, so please don't get rid of it. We need to share information with people.

Again I appreciate the oppertunity and I am confident you will work out the bugs.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I sure didn't like it when it first showed up- on the left- blocking every posters avatar!
I don't like it on the right a whole lot better. An option to show it located on the top bar would be the best. An option to hide the bar would be my second choice.
This one has my 'annoyance meter' pinging.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's completely obstructive.
It sits right over much of the posts/replies as im reading on my phone.
Is it possible to have it disappear after a short time or press a tab to bring it up in the first place?
It's not just distracting but I actually cannot read the site, replies etc.

Well I shall try ATS tomorrow and hopefully it will be resolved, I actually cannot use/read the site currently so give up for this evening
edit on 25-3-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am not a fan of this, People should just copy and paste the url into their status it takes no time at all, people need to stop being so lazy.

My favorite feature about ATS was the fact that it did not have all these useless widgets everywhere. Thats the reason why I have pretty much stopped going to other sites like this one, because they are loaded with widgets and advertisements everywhere.

ATS in my opinion was just perfect the way it was yesterday.

I hope this is not here to stay..

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Maybe at the top, where you already have a tweety bird and the f for FB, just make one social media SHARE icon that expands down if someone clicks it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join