It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New social sharing widget on ATS -- look to the right

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

FlySolo
At least maybe move it to the right side of the browser to get it out of the way of the avatars

Yeah, that's a good idea. It's on the right now.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you ohh so very much!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Rob48
On my phone it blocks a goodly chunk of the reply window.

It's no longer showing for mobile users… sorry.

Wow ... Thanks ... That was fast.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
When I first logged in I thought my computer had been infected with a virus. Luckily, I saw this thread. Like others said; we need a way to make it go away. Maybe add a "SHARE" button to the user bar up top to make it pop up when we want it but, having it out there, in my face the whole time I'm on the site is awful. Its also WAY too colorful for the ATS motif.

I hate it as much as this cat hates dinosaurs.

Yeachhh!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Thank you! That's rapid service

But the screen background is still white, and I can't star posts. It's almost like I am not logged in when I am, though I can still post. Is this a related thing? (Accessing forum on an iPhone)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How about a time duration?
After say a few minutes it goes away?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I do not use social media so I may never use it.
It is less noticeable on the right

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Now its covering up the "TOP" button.

I can understand the need for such a thing, I just think we need a way to minimize it if we're not going to use it. Its distracting and annoying to have it hanging out there all the time.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

You need to click on the bright white circle (looks like a full moon) up on the right of the top tool bar, just right of the "MyATS", "logout", etc... You'll be happy you did.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
LOL....

SO: "Hey guys, i have been working hard trying to find ways to make ATS more user friendly to a greater number of users"

ATS: "We hate it"

Just copy/paste this conversation into any thread talking about tweaks to the site.

I bet in 2 weeks, you won't even notice it any more.

FWIW, if you want my complaint SO....i have a touch of OCD with color schemes. Your multicolored toolbar is likely to cause me to have to start taking medications to control it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What about your multi-colored Signature? LOL

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That horrid thing is one reason I don't do social networks. It's huge, white and blaring colors, and is extremely irritating if you are used to the cool dark gray of the site. Some of us don't have ads on the right of the page (flags have something to do with that I guess?). This will make the experience here quite worse (it's just sitting there as I type, so it's present even on the writing-posts function).

Please, make it go away, or allow each member to opt out.

Horrible (I know you mean well, and want the site to participate, but I don't even know what eight of those colored and white buttons are. I think the top one is facebook, which I've only looked at once and ran for the hills).

A thought. For many of us here this is our home on the internet, it is where we enjoy coming the most. Those other places are as foreign to me as the new America. If you can see it in your heart to kill it with a stake through its heart, that'd be my vote.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It chills me to the bone. Butt then I am spineless anyway...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I wish you had resisted harder. It's driving me insane (not that this takes a lot these days). Can it be shut off somehow? It just keeps popping on and off seemingly at random (maybe related to where my cursor is? I dunno). Ick.

(if userid = "~Lucidity" then make it STOP!
)
edit on 3/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I like that it's there..but don't like there seems no way to close it..

It's super duper distracting.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Observing what my brain is doing as I type or try to read the posts, a large portion of my right eye's vision is being distracted, thus cutting down info to the brain (like when people watch TV, it shuts off certain portions). I can hardly type this with that thing there. It's seriously troubling, and I actually wouldn't want people to get used to it, because getting used to it may be giving up on that portion of the brain's attention. The amount of data being accessed by my brain feels diluted as I read in threads. Is anyone else noticing this?

EDIT: Darn if my right eye isn't hurting a bit, I'm going to have to go to wiki or somewhere for awhile and hope this is resolved. I'm a fairly good observer of things going on in my body, and this is not good. So the kids growing up nowadays are used to this bar?
edit on 25-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Its better on the right side, but you should have a button on the tool bar to turn it off.
edit on 3/25/2014 by catt3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

AreUKiddingMe
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What about your multi-colored Signature? LOL

Well, touche` i suppose.
except the signature is a scheme. Unlike the lime green mixed with orange, and several shades of blue.

I think i'll just put a strip of duct tape over the edge of the monitor. Low tech solution to a high tech problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I found a workaround...Post-Its are wonderful! (But please still make it go away? Pretty please?)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
For anyone out there using "Ghostery" it will block it... won't even appear on the page. Of course, if you want to use it, it will have to be unblocked in your "Ghostery" settings...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join