It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New social sharing widget on ATS -- look to the right

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The most often-asked add-on feature for ATS, especially by new members, is a simple means to share ATS pages on social sites and/or personal blogs. I've resisted this for a long, long time primarily because of the type of JavaScript that typically is required for such things.

After reviewing a few "middle man" services that have acceptable privacy standards, I've settled on ShareThis for a test run to see how it goes.

At the right of every thread page are simple share buttons for users of Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Blogger, WordPress, Reddit, Tumblr, and Evernote.

edit on 25-3-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Pissing me off!! It won't go away
edit on 25-3-2014 by f4andHALFtoads because: (no reason given)
stupid bloody face book taunting me
edit on 25-3-2014 by f4andHALFtoads because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Saw it, Wondered what it was all about.
Now I knows

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Worst. Thing. Ever.

Is there a way to make it go away?
edit on 25-3-2014 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh, this is a new feature is it? I was just logging out and back in again trying to make it go away.

I don't like it, I'm afraid. On my phone it blocks a goodly chunk of the reply window. I know I'm new around here and have no right to be whingeing, but is there any way to disable it?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I don't like it, but I will get over it!

Being a creature of habit does have it's drawbacks......

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
More visibility for topics some wouldn't see without the Share option...

Begin the massive FaceBook wall wars!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Also the page background is now white instead of "top secret dark". Is this related?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I understand the sentiment, SkepticOverlord, but yikes is this thing cumbersome! Especially on ATS mobile (which is my primary mode of using this fine forum) but maybe its just me.

It obscures many of the buttons aligned to the left, again this is on mobile, and on the myATS page the first part of the thread names are slightly obscured. I can make do but as I said its a bit cumbersome.

ETA: also, I can't s&f anymore! Wah!

edit on Cpm5Tuesday0120140631Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:01:06 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

edit on Cpm5Tuesday0220141631Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:02:16 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: typo

link   

Please ... Make it go away ... Please. It sits right where my finger traces when using my tablet.

link   
Can't see half my phones screen because posts are hidden behind this new toolbar.
Afraid I won't be logging ATS anymore from my phone.

link   
A way to close it would be nice.

Thanks

link   
At least maybe move it to the right side of the browser to get it out of the way of the avatars

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I must be blind... i don't see it anywhere. Well i do see the bird and the facebook icon where the toolbar to the top right of the screen, but that has always been there.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This is not a good thing ATS , on mobile devices it totally screws up the pages covers up icons and generally is just a pain in the backside. This should be simply a part of the drop down menu or even have a close feature on it .
I for one do not want it , if I want to share the web page I simply share it with whatever app I want to share it with.
Please remove or change it in some way or form so we can Choose if we want it there.
Thank you
Pt

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I hope you find a way to allow members who do not want it to be able to turn it off.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Rob48
On my phone it blocks a goodly chunk of the reply window.

It's no longer showing for mobile users… sorry.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Would it be possible to have a hide feature for it?
I don't use any of those icon things so it would be nice for me if I could make them disappear.

link   
Please make it go away! it is irritating...

link   
I don't see the difference between a bar on the left, or annoying ads on the right...by the way how do you use it, once you click on say facebook do you have to log into facebook to put on your page? Asking because I have never used this feature on anything.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join