a reply to: captaintyinknots
I'm really not contradicting myself. I will say it again, line by line.
1. We sit down and waitress takes our drink order.
2. Waitress brings drinks and takes food order.
3. Waitress brings food and checks on drinks.
4. Waitress comes back to ask how the food is and checks drinks again.
Note: At this point the waitress was fantastic. She did her job and did it well. She was going to get a decent tip (even though it is not my
responsibility to pay her wage).
5. Waitress comes back 5 minutes later to check our drinks. We tell her we are fine with our drinks
6. Waitress comes back to clear our plates and checks on our drinks. We get fresh drinks.
7. Waitress comes back 5 minutes later to check on our drinks.
8. Waitress comes back 5 minutes later to check on our drinks.
9. Waitress comes back 5 minutes later to check on our drinks. How fast does she want us to pound our alcoholic drinks?
10. Waitress comes back 5 minutes later to check on our drinks. We order fresh drinks.
11. Repeat steps 7-9 at least 5 more times. Are you honestly saying you would not be annoyed at your conversation being interrupted this many times?
Any good server I have had walked by to see if we need new drinks.
12. Waitress finally gets that she is annoying us and stops asking us for drink orders. Hooray!!
13. Waitress walks around to every table around us TO COLLECT PAYMENT FOR BILLS.
Note: I was not annoyed that she avoided us, as we were not ordering. We were attempting to pay her AND GIVE HER A TIP. At this point she still had a
tip coming to her. She lost it (except for my brother being too nice to leave her nothing) when she decided she would completely stop doing her job
and not collect money for her boss.