It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BillBoards Produce Water out of Thin Air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This is nothing less than a revolution generation of water from nothing but thin air (and of course the most innovative advertising technique ever!). UTECH designed a billboard that can convert atmospheric humidity into drinking water through reverse osmosis in Lima, Peru where water shortage is one of the biggest problems. Peru only gets 2 inches of rainfall every year but has an extraordinarily high humidity, which is how this technological trick led to happy faces filling buckets of water and showering under the water dispenser below the billboard!!
Link to Source

I just wanted to share this because I really love seeing inventions being used for the good of the people. I also think this could be utilized in so many places that could really use it. I suppose someone could actually build one on a smaller scale in their own yard if they lived in a region high in humidity.
Man can be such a jerk at times, but Man can also be so Awesome when he puts his mind to it.
I love to think this is another positive sign of the future to come our way.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
And I instantly wonder what the rush to praise this tech and use it will bring.

You can't take something with out an effect, in enough quantity I would wonder what the environmental effects of "moisture" farming would be,

But, we will find out, because like with everything else we jump before we think.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Extraordinary!!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Air well (condenser)

Frank Herbert thought it seemed to make sense as well, the Fremen used something like that.

Pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Not being a wiseguy but we have been pulling water out of air for a long time...we call it a dehumidifier...when I was a child I lived in a house that had a damp basement needless to say we had lots of water being pulled out of the air....

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In parts of Brazil, they use screen-like fencing that capture moisture and it then falls into a little channel and runs down a hill into a collection tank in some of the favelas (poor neighborhoods). It is nice to see practical science applied to help humanity.

This is not very new except for the way in which corporations will be able to sneak their advertisements into these areas.

They probably don't need the billboards to accomplish this unless they need a good deal of height. Check out these other tried and tested applications.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Cant watch the vid at the moment

Is it solar powered?
If so its a brilliant idea! It would mean good clean and FREE fresh water for everyone who needs it. And anyone who says it should be taxed should be thrown in the salty ocean!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You need close to 100% humidity.

I have done this with a covered solar tray evaporator and grid of plastic pipes buried underground as a condenser.

I found the plans in a old peace corp training manual.

I modified the plans to use a solar panel and a small computer fan to pull the humid air from the tray evaporator through the underground condenser.
And using coils of black plastic tubing to make a water preheater for the brackish water before it entered the solar tray evaporator.

www.gizmag.com...

top topics

join