It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel Miffed at Obama and Cameron 'Nuclear War Game'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh man .. I wish I had a tape of the responses to this 'game'.
I'm sure the NSA has one .. and they are going over it carefully.
I'm sure the terrorists around the world would love a copy.
Wonder what they'll pay for it? Bet it'll end up for sale ...

Merkel miffed at Barack Obama and David Cameron 'nuclear war game'

David Cameron joined Barack Obama, Angela Merkel and Xi Jinping and other world leaders to play a "nukes on the loose" war game to see how they would cope with a terrorist nuclear attack.

The German chancellor grumbled at being asked to play games and take tests with the Prime Minister, US and Chinese presidents around a table with dozens of heads of state at a nuclear summit in The Hague.

Her complaints were overruled because Mr Obama was keen on the idea and in on the surprise

Sounds like the German chancellor was the only one with any brains in this matter. These world leaders sit around and play an interactive nuclear destruction 'game' and the responses are recorded. Lovely. Now 'someone' knows exactly how these world leaders will react.

The situation - The high level nuclear summit meeting of world leaders at The Hague.

The game - An interactive nuclear 'game' of questions based on a 'dirty nuke' planted in a Western city by terrorists.

The questions - what would you as the leader do, would you bring in allies, your calculations of dead allowable, would you make the information public ahead of time or keep it secret that the bombs were going to go off?? That last question is one that we'd all like to know. And I'm sure that if the world leaders said .. 'keep it secret' ... they won't want their fellow countrymen to know that they gave that answer.

edit on 3/25/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just watch, they probably all gave up on the nuke game and started playing Cards Against Humanity.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't think it's wise to discuss such strategies with anyone but our closest allies, the UK for sure. I trust the Brits and the crazy Australians, but everyone else is a big, fat question mark.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well...that was chilling news. It leaves me wondering if our esteemed dictator is *feeling* out the reactions to something he may have up his sleeve.

jmoho...

Des

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I couldnt even belive they would dare to bring up the use of nukes in any way.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Was not able to watch video, so their responses were recorded. Have they been leaked and or published yet. Merkel only one with any sense lol. We already know they would not make it public. Maybe Merkel, but I doubt it.

And honestly I get it. Most would panic and cause all kinds of problems including looting etc. But sometimes you just wanna say give us more credit than that lol.

Fact is history kind of proves them right lol.

It will be real interesting to see if putin is crazy enough to go into eastern Ukraine or not. He is just psycho enough to do it anyway.

Third time is the charm. If I were Obama i would have come out and said do to his actions we have no choice but to extend missile defense into the old soviet block countries. We have been wanting to anyway now we have reason to and it would put putin in his place if not start ww3 lol.

Going to be interesting few months lol.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sometimes games can be immensely instructive.

"Everybody Dies"

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

dlbott
so their responses were recorded.

It was an interactive 'game'. The responses were recorded by the game, and the responses were processed, so that the effects of their decisions could be seen. It was all electronic. It was all in the computers. Those computers are in the hands of our government. So yes ... our gov't has the responses in the computers. You just know that 'they' are analyzing the responses ...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Could it just be, that the worlds economy, that was essentially established after WW2 as a policy to establish interconnection and reliance on each other, to PREVENT war, is failing.

That the economy of the worlds nations are shuddering under this system, and perhaps, All sides see a good old cold war Spat as the perfect way to at the least delay what ever is on the horizon?

ETA:

I can't figure out WHY everyone suddenly wants to kick off the Nuke fears again, it makes no sense.
edit on 25-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Destinyone

Well...that was chilling news. It leaves me wondering if our esteemed dictator is *feeling* out the reactions to something he may have up his sleeve.

jmoho...

Des

Like a loose nuke in Manhattan?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I don't think it is a bad idea at all to practice these kinds of scenarios, what I think would be irresponsible is if the leaders pretended they weren't an issue.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

UnBreakable

Destinyone

jmoho...

Des

Like a loose nuke in Manhattan?

Heading over to that thread next. Yeah, it sounds like someone thinks there is a credible nuke threat. I don't think that the 777 was ever found, so that could still be in play as well.
edit on 25pmTue, 25 Mar 2014 16:00:21 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

benrl
Could it just be, that the worlds economy, that was essentially established after WW2 as a policy to establish interconnection and reliance on each other, to PREVENT war, is failing.

That the economy of the worlds nations are shuddering under this system, and perhaps, All sides see a good old cold war Spat as the perfect way to at the least delay what ever is on the horizon?

ETA:

I can't figure out WHY everyone suddenly wants to kick off the Nuke fears again, it makes no sense.
edit on 25-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Benrl, You said it, man...all of this sudden talk of nuclear tension again. It is almost as if the collective fear needs to exist to feed some unseen beast(s). Financial chaos isn't enough. Every time I hear an emergency alert system message, I get the adrenaline again just like during the 80's. It makes no sense to destroy ourselves.

Interesting thoughts about the economy post WWII...Now, information is money. Maybe Snowden blowing the lid off of what most of us with more discerning minds already knew to the world at large changed a delicate balance of power in world image and perception.
That missile defense system the Pentagon wants to put in Poland didn't help things either.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm with Merkel - what a dumb idea. Who's to say that these leaders will be the ones in charge if such a thing were to happen anyway?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Did they make it to the bit where they and all there chiefs of staff, families, friends and billionaire buddies escape to luxury underground complexes stocked with multiple lifetimes of the finest food and drinks available to humanity while "the rest of us" are basicaly blinked out of existence in a raging nuclear inferno?

That seems like the fun bit, who ever gets in the luxury limousine last has to look after the grubby, disgusting child slaves they will need to operate all the heavy machinery deep underground.

new topics

top topics

join